This crusted quinoa chicken recipe is quick, easy, healthy and gluten free! Goat cheese and red peppers complete this weeknight-friendly meal.
You know what’s fun?
Putting the TV on mute and then making up your own narrative.
Not that I am currently sitting at my computer, with the TV on mute, narrating to myself while I type.
I just thought you might need a good date night idea sometime or something.
Don’t say I don’t look out for you.
Also, I will allow you to judge my lame, 23 year old self for thinking that watching a mute TV is an acceptable date night.
How the Huberoni puts up with me, I don’t know.
I think it’s the food.
You know what else is fun, and also a lot less lame? Eating your side dish and you main dish TOGETHER.
At. The. Same. Time.
Mind blown? That’s what I thought.
Ever since those Potato Poppers where I failed miserably at using quinoa as a breading, I have been -determined to make it work.
So when Sartori gave me the opportunity to try their (ah-may-zing!) Extra-Aged Goat Cheese, I knew it was time to make the magic happen.
If anything can make a chicken dinner a winner, it’s goat cheese. I mean, I’m pretty sure it’s up there in world-saving capabilities with Batman.
Especially when it’s extra-aged, which makes it EXTRA-yum.
So, operation-make-quinoa-breading-and-not-have-it-end-in-tears began.
And you know what?
This time, it did not end in tears.
It ended in my belly.
You guys, this is probably one of the easiest dinners you will EVER make in all the dinners of your life. Yes, I know I say that a lot lately but this proves it:
Mr. FFF was watching me create this recipe and he said that he thought that even HE could make it.
If he can do it, so can you.
I mean, he would burn Cheerios if that was somehow a possibility. LOVE YOU BABE.
Anyway. Back to easy yummies.
Guess what! You probably even have all the ingredients…because there ain’t very many. (<3)
Healthy Carbs? Check. Healthy Fat? Double Check. Protein? CHECK CHECK CHECK
Oh, and the yum factor?
Eleventy billion…and twelve.
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked quinoa, divided
- 1/2 Cup Extra-Aged Goat Cheese, Grated and divided (I used Sartori)
- 1 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 Large egg white
- 1/2 Lb Chicken breasts (2 medium breasts)
- Sliced roasted red peppers, for garnish (From a jar, or I have a tutorial HERE)
- Sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil and stir in 1/4 cup of the uncooked quinoa. Cover, turn the heat to low and cook until all the water is absorbed (about 15 minutes.) Set aside to let the quinoa cool.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheetwith cooking spray. Set aside
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup of uncooked quinoa into a small food processor and process until ground into a fine flour. Pour the quinoa flour into a large, shallow plate.
- Transfer the cooled, cooked quinoa into a large bowl and add in 1/4 cup of the grated Goat Cheese, the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well and pour into a large, shallow plate.
- Pour the egg white into a large shallow plate.
- Dredge each breast into the quinoa flour, pressing to get it evenly coated. Then, transfer each breast into the egg white, also making sure to evenly coat it. Finally, transfer the breasts into the cooked quinoa/cheese mixture, really making sure to coat each side. You will really have to press the quinoa in to make it stick.
- Place the breasts onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake until lightly golden brown and crispy, about 20-25 minutes.
- Turn your oven to high broil, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese on the chicken and broil until melted, only about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced roasted red pepper and basil and DEVOUR
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
This is not a sponsored post, but a huge thanks to Sartori for sending me some of their Limited Edition Extra-Aged goat cheese!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more goat cheese goodness?
More goat cheese-a-licious links I <3:
Strawberry, Pistachio and Goat Cheese Crepes – Eats Well With Others
Garden Veggie And Goat Cheese Samosas – Half Baked Harvest
Goat Cheese and Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream – Doughvelopment
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!