This Strawberry Chicken is stuffed with goat cheese and is an easy, healthy Summer dinner for the whole family! High protein and gluten free too!
PIN Strawberry Chicken
Is it just me or is chicken stuffed with cheese just so much better than chicken not stuffed with cheese?
BUT, it’s almost the summer which means we need to get a little fruity and fresh right?
Enter: the best strawberry sauce on top of creamy, cheese stuffed chicken that is going to blow your mind!
Spring-time Dinner Goodness!
I can really feel the shift of seasons through the meals that I make. When it’s cold out in the winter, I’m all about the cozy meals like Thai Slow Cooker Zucchini Lasagna, but in the springtime I LOVE a light, fruity, fresh dinner that gives me all the spring feels! I love bringing fresh, bright colored elements to foods that I enjoy often, like chicken, to jazz them up a bit and make you EXCITED for dinner time! THIS strawberry chicken recipe is the perfect dinner to ring in the new season AND satisfy your family, too!
Is Strawberry Chicken Sweet or Savory?
I love a good savory meal sometimes, but other times I’m just craving that pop of sweetness! The best part of this strawberry dinner recipe is that you don’t have to choose one or the other- it combines savory and rich goat cheese with the light sweetness of juicy strawberries to make a meal experience you won’t forget!
Strawberry Chicken Ingredients
Like many of my recipes, this one uses wholesome, healthy ingredients that you can pronounce and combines them together to make a delicious meal. This one has become a personal FAVE of mine because it has the flavor, the protein, the sweetness, the saltiness, the richness- basically, it checks off all the points on my list and it’s also good for you! Here’s what you’ll need to grab from the store to make this tasty meal:
- Chicken Breast
- Dried Basil
- Goat Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Fresh strawberries, roughly chopped
- Good Quality Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh Basil, for garnish
Can you make the sauce ahead of time?
Something that most people can relate to is the BUSYNESS of life. I mean, sometimes it feels like cooking a meal for your family from scratch isn’t something you have time for! That’s where meal prep comes in. Prepping some elements of a meal ahead of time is one of my most favorite things to do. It saves time when you are in a rush after work or school and your crew is HANGRY! The good news?! This strawberry chicken marinade can easily be made up beforehand, saving you time when you put this meal together! Simply cook up the sauce the day or night before you plan to enjoy this meal and then follow the cooking instructions as usual!
Side Dish Ideas
Side dishes can really add some pizazz to a meal, am I right!? This amazing chicken dish is FABULOUS all by itself, but if you want to add some sides to compliment it and bring it together as a meal, go for it! Since it’s a light and fresh fruity main course, I would recommend serving it with a light, fun salad! Some salads that I recommend pairing with it are:
- Shrimp Avocado Salad with Watermelon
- Healthy Broccoli Apple Salad with Greek Yogurt
- Cold Summer Zucchini Noodle Pasta Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad with Cajun Shrimp
- Spiralized Cucumber Salad with Chia Seed Strawberry Vinaigrette
Other Healthy Strawberry Recipes
- 1 Lb Chicken Breast (about 4 small breasts)
- Dried basil
- 2 Oz Goat cheese
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Cup Ripe strawberries, roughly chopped and tightly packed (180g)
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Good-quality balsamic vinegar (it should be thick and not have very few calories)
- 1 tsp Honey
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken between 2 layers of parchment paper and use a rolling pin or meat mallet or pound it out thinly. Sprinkle both sides with salt and dried basil (no need to measure)
- Place 1/2 oz of cheese at the end of each breast and roll up tightly, using toothpicks to secure if needed.
- Heat the oil up in a large, oven-safe pan on high heat. Sear the chicken breasts until golden brown on both side, about 1-2 mins per side.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees F inserted into the actual chicken breast, about 15-20 mins
- While the chicken bakes, combine the strawberries and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the strawberries break down and the sauce thickens up slightly, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vinegar and honey.
- Serve the sauce of the chicken and garnish with basil and extra Balsamic if desired.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!