This Healthy Broccoli Apple Salad with Greek Yogurt is an easy, healthy side dish that even kids will like! It’s protein packed and makes great leftovers!
PIN Healthy Broccoli Apple Salad with Greek Yogurt
Vgetables when you can have BOTH YA KNOW?
It’s just a tag team of health and YUM in your tum.
Yes sireeee, the gang is ALL here in this Greek yogurt broccoli salad!
Typically, I do not like raw broccoli. Liiiiike, at all. I prefer mine like the air fryer roasted Asian broccoli: tossed in some (lots) oil and cooked until crispy and golden brown! But, on the other hand, I am a SUCKER for a good broccoli salad.
Give it to me as Mediterranean low carb broccoli salad, Asian healthy broccoli salad or even Greek healthy broccoli salad and I will eat it. I will probably eat too much of it and then get the worst stomachache of my life but, you know, what? I will not care because it was WORTH IT.
This broccoli and apple salad is no different.
It’s crunchy and fresh with these bursts of juicy, sweet apples that are all hugged together with this creamy honey mustard Greek yogurt dressing that will kiss your taste buds with a bit of tang, but then smooth it all out with sticky-sweet honey and it is just basically the perfect marriage of food.
See also: there is salty bacon. Because adding bacon to food is basically my super power.
When in doubt. Bacon it OUT.
I don’t really know what that means, but it seemed like the right thing to say in the moment. You and I both know that adding bacon to any meal is a SURE fire win in the taste bud Olympics.
If you wanted to make this a broccoli cranberry salad, you could probably leave out the apples and use dried cranberries instead. OR, just invite some cranberries to the party and prepare for FLAVOR TOWN.
What can I serve with Healthy Broccoli Apple Salad with Greek Yogurt?
You mean you don’t want to just eat the entire bowl of it for your meal? *shifty eyes* Okay, well here are a few protein options that I think would be STELLAR next to a little bit of broccoli magic:
- Quinoa Crusted Chicken with Goat Cheese
- Bacon Wrapped Sweet and Sticky Stuffed Chicken
- Almond Crusted Chicken Bites with Honey Mustard Dip
- Superfood Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwich with Honey Mustard
Or you could just throw some chicken right into the broccoli salad and call it a day if you have no extra energy to, you know, cook stuff. I get you.
There is really no wrong way to do this. YOU CAN NOT FAIL.
There is no TRY. ONLY DO.
Is this getting way to inspirational and motivational for a post about broccoli salad? Don’t answer that.
But, really though, DO make this broccoli salad. It’s so easy you won’t even need to try.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- 4 Strips Bacon
- 4 Cups Broccoli, Cut into florets (260g)
- 1/4 Cup Roasted, salted Sunflower seeds (32g)
- 1/4 Cup Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Fuji apple, roughly chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 Cup Non fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Salt, or to taste
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Cook the bacon slices until golden brown and crispy on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and press out any excess fat.
- In a large bowl, stir together all the salad ingredients. Crush up the bacon and stir it in.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Pour over the salad and toss until well coated. Season to taste with salt.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad at LEAST 2 hours (up to overnight) to develop flavor and so the broccoli absorbs the dressing
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS:5 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1/6 of the salad)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!