Say “hello” to your newest, most-best-est lunch friend.
She’s this perfect combination of creamy avocado, crispy apple, and crunchy cabbage all mixed with tangy Greek yogurt and explosions of SWEET honey and chewy goji berries, that gets smashed between 2 slices of tender, soft Udi’s Gluten Free Millet-Chia Bread.
Greek yogurt chicken salad sandwich fun facts:
- Chia is a superfood
- Goji berries? SUPERFOOD SQUARED
- +++++ Avocado + Almonds = additional superfood-y healthy things.
This is the sort of sandwich that you can pack into your lunch kit and when that midday energy LAG happens, you can give ‘er a big ol’ MUNCH – VOILA – all that nutrition-packed food of the super variety are liiiiiike a major energy BOOST.
Plus, it’s also really yummy. And full of eleventy billion different textures that you didn’t even KNOW a seemingly-simple sandwich could possess. You guys. I don’t usually eat sandwiches.[Tweet “Step up your lunch game with a #glutenfree Superfood Chicken Salad Sandwich! @Udisglutenfree”]
But when I do, it’s with a healthy egg salad grilled cheese sandwich OR Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwich with crispy-crunchy-chewy-freshness that coats my tongue in creamy-tangy-sweet honey mustard dressing in every bite.
Exciting sandwich goals? BEIN’ EXCEEDED.
Do you ever get into those life-ruts, where you enter this scary-mind-place that tells you that you have a gazillion things you need to get done, so you better take a “working lunch” and make sure you chew NO MORE than 3 times/bite so that you can be done the annoying, time consuming thing that is eating?
This has been my life lately. Food just takes so long to make sometimes you know? Hence why there has been some oatmeal recipes appearing FOR LUNCH. Just so easy to make. Makes me happy inside.
How-EV-ER, I know this is wrong thinking. We are meant to sit down, and enjoy each liiiiitle moment as our fork enters the vicinity of our face, and our food dances around our taste buds for MORE than 3 chews. BUTBUTBUT, you know, LIFE. It just happens. Important things come up and sometimes I’m typing, chewing, checking my Instagram and thinking I should call person XYZ at the SAME TIME.
HOW DO WE THINK WE CAN DO ALL THIS? I know you understand.
Life has been progressing in this too-fast fashion until THIIIS sandwich waltzed it’s protein-and-nutrition-packed little lunch-y self into my life, and made me re-think all the other can’t-even-remember-what-I-ate-for-lunch moments that had been goin’ down on the reg’.
This sandwich CALLS YOU OUT peeps. IT’S like “SIT DOWN. STOP and NOTICE ME.” *snap snap snap*
And, I did. No flavor was left un-tasted by my hungry mouth. No texture was left un-crunched. Each, sweet, creamy and delicious bite collided with my tongue in pure, amazing sandwich perfection.
You guys. I never thought I would be singing the praises of a SANDWICH.
Simple fillings between two slices of bread. That’s it.
Really. That’s all.
But, when all the ingredients combine in a flavor ERRUPTION of delicious good-for-you lunch BLISS, it makes you REALLY question everything you ever thought about sandwiches re: being lame food that you only bring to work because they take -6 minutes to make.
True story. Really happened.
Lunch time GAME? STRONG.
- 1 Cup Coleslaw mix (just the lettuce part no dressing)
- 2 Tbsp Red onion minced
- 2 Tbsp Toasted slivered almonds *
- 1 Tbsp Goji berries roughly chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh basil thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Leftover shredded chicken breast tightly packed (80g) **
- 1/4 Cup Non-fat Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/2 An avocado sliced
- 4 Slices Udi's Gluten Free Millet-Chia Bread
- 1/2 An Apple thinly sliced (I used fuji)
- In a large bowl, stir together the coleslaw mix, red onion, almonds, goji berries, basil and shredded chicken until well mixed.
- In a separate, medium bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, honey and a generous pinch of salt until well combined.
- Pour the Greek yogurt mixture over the coleslaw mix and stir until the coleslaw mix is evenly coated and creamy.
- Divide the avocado slices between two slices of the Millet-Chia bread. Then, divide the apple slices on top of the avocado slices.
- Divide the coleslaw mixture evenly between the two slices, on top of the apples, and then place the remaining slices of bread on top. These sandwiches are big, so you really need to press that top bread down!
Tips & Notes:
* You can use any kind of leftover chicken breast = baked, boiled, slow cooked etc. Just make sure it's plain and shredded.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/community
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more superfoods?