Deliciously easy Whole30 Instant Pot Turmeric Tahini Chicken Soup will heal your soul and become a regular in your family dinner rotation!
Cozy, warm and HEALING. That is the basic 411 of this soup.
It’s the perfect thing to make on a cold winter night on account of the above mentioned properties AND it’s SO stinking easy to make!
In other news, are you guys done with turmeric? Was it so 2019 and now we’ve moved on?
Or are you still snacking on turmeric oat flour bread for breakfast and Instant pot turmeric chicken and veggies for your meal-prep lunchin’ and wishing you had just ONE more turmeric recipe to add to the rotation?
If you’re the later, you’re in the right place boo.
PREDICTION: this soup is gonna be on regular dinner rotation at your house because it’s just THAT good.
Why You’ll LOVE this Soup
I like to think of fall and winter as SOUP season because there are SO many different kinds of soup to warm you up on a cold day! Whip up some gluten free grilled cheese sandwiches with hummus to dip into a hot bowl of vegan sweet potato soup and you won’t be disappointed! Or let those warm curry flavors comfort your soul with a bowl of vegan coconut curry lentil soup. There are endless soup recipes here on the blog, and now we’re adding another to the collection with today’s turmeric tahini instant pot chicken soup! An immune system boosting soup thanks to the turmeric with a bit of nutty flair from the tahini, this soup is sure to please you and your crew with its home-y chicken flavor! You are going to LOVE it!
Why use the instant pot?
Growing up, I knew that a good pot of soup would take time to make- it usually needed to simmer for quite a while to let the flavors integrate and create the ultimate deliciousness. Buuuut then came the instant pot, and that all changed! YES, slow-cooked soups are still delicious, but the instant pot is a game changer as it can create amazing flavor in much less time!
The ingredients used to make this soup are wholesome, healthful foods that you’ll feel good about putting in your body and feeding your family. I’m talking immune boosting, vitamin and mineral packed, protein and iron rich foods that combine to create a bold and flavorful soup! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fresh Ginger
- Ground Coriander
- Sea Salt
- Chicken Stock (not sodium-reduced)
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Light Coconut Milk
- Baby Spinach
How to make Turmeric Tahini Instant Pot Soup
Place all the ingredients into the instant pot up to the chicken and stir to combine them. Lay the chicken on top.
Cover your instant pot and set to seal. Cook on manual high pressure for 15 minutes and let the steam release when it’s done cooking.
Remove the chicken from the instant pot and shred it with 2 forks. Place the chicken back into the instant pot.
Pour a little bit of the soup into a high powered blender and puree until smooth. Add it back to the instant pot along with the coconut milk, tahini, and spinach and stir to combine.
Add a bit more salt if the soup needs it and serve it up! DEVOUR!
How to make it on the Stove Top
If you LOVE the sound of this soup but don’t have an instant pot, I’m sure it would still work on the stove top. It should work if you add all the ingredients other than the chicken to a large pot and bring it to a boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour. I recommend cooking the chicken separately and shredding/cubing it before adding it back in. Next, add in the coconut milk, tahini and spinach and cook a little longer to wilt the spinach! Puree as explained in the recipe and serve it up!
How to make it Vegan
To make this soup vegan, simply swap out the chicken broth for vegetable broth and don’t add the chicken. If you wish, you can add cubed tofu instead!
Other healthy instant pot soup recipes
- Instant pot butternut squash soup
- Moroccan instant pot hearty vegetable beef soup
- No bean Whole30 keto chili in the instant pot (paleo friendly)
- 1 Cup Onion, diced (115g)
- 1 Cup Carrots, Thinly sliced (113g)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt + more to taste
- 3 Cups Chicken stock (not sodium reduced)
- 1/2 Lb Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 Cup Light coconut milk
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 Cups Baby spinach, tightly packed
- Place all the ingredients, up to the chicken, in the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Lay the chicken breast on top.
- Cover, set to sealing and cook on manual high pressure for 15 mins. Let steam release naturally when done.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it with 2 forks. Place it back into the pot.
- Pour 1 cup of the soup (including any shredded chicken) into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Pour back into the soup.
- Add the coconut milk, tahini and spinach and stir. You can cover the pot and turn to sautee mode for a few minutes to let the spinach wilt, if it doesn't on it's own.
- Adjust the salt to taste and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!