This Easy Homemade Crockpot Vegetable Soup is a whole30, paleo and vegan dinner with only 1 SmartPoint and 85 calories!
Photos changed November 27, 2020. Narration not changed.
Christmas has COME AND GONE.
JUST. LIKE. THAT. I don’t even know how it flies by EVERY SINGLE YEAR but, IT DOES.
We got back from celebrating Christmas with Mr. FFF’s side of the fam in Wisconsin laaaaate last night and after an almost 12 HOUR DRIVE.
That was not enjoyable in the least.
And, after all those cookies, we need some health! So I’ll be alternating between bowls of southwestern sweet potato soup and THIS for the rest of the month!
How to make Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
Nothing screams comfort like a hot bowl of soup on a cold day- vegan potato soup, moroccan instant pot hearty beef soup, I’ll take it! Nothing’s healthier than a bunch of veggies, and nothing’s more EASY than throwing them into a crockpot, so here you have today’s delicious and nutritious crockpot veggie soup!
Throw it all in
Add all the ingredients, up to the garlic, to the crock pot and stir it up, seasoning it with a bit of salt.
Prepare the Garlic
Cut the tip of the garlic head off to expose the tips. Wrap it tightly in tin foil and place the garlic in the center of the crockpot.
Cook your soup on high in the slow cooker, or until all the vegetables are fork-tender. This should take about 3 hours.
Switch to Low
Switch the crockpot to the low setting and add in the parsley and spinach. Cook on low for about half an hour, or until the spinach is wilted.
Add the Garlic
Remove the garlic packet from the slow cooker and dice up the garlic, adding as much as desired to the soup. Add some more salt to the soup, to taste, and DEVOUR!
More Gluten Free Recipes
We have TONS of gluten free recipes on Food Faith Fitness! Explore them all in our gluten free Library!
Tips for making the BEST Vegetable Soup
- Cut the veggies small: I love dicing up my vegetables fairy small so that EVERY bite has a taste of everything. It’s also a good idea if you have little mouths to feed!
- Add some extra flavor: This soup is delicious all on its own, but for a bit of extra flavor, I suggest adding a bit of seasoned salt (omit some of the salt if you do this), or a dash or two of cayenne pepper for some heat!
Crockpot Vegetable Soup Freezing and Reheating Instructions
One of the best things about cooking up a pot of soup is that it makes FAB leftovers! Whether you’re going to enjoy it for dinner all week or freeze some for another time, it is the perfect healthy make-ahead meal. To freeze this vegetable soup recipe crock pot, simply pour it into an airtight container or a zip lock style freezer bag and pop it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw by leaving it in the fridge overnight, then heating up on the stovetop or in the microwave until it’s nice and hot!
What are the best vegetables to put in this soup?
In this soup recipe, I have squash, celery, cauliflower, carrot, bell peppers, and zucchini. You can, however, get creative with it and mix things up a bit. Any color of bell pepper would be delicious in this recipe, and throwing in some delicata squash instead of butternut would also be amazing. Mix things up and let me know how it goes for you!
I’m sure this soup would work well in the instant pot, yes! I have not tried cooking it that way myself, though, so if you do, let me know how it turns out!
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
- 5 Cups Reduced-sodium chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 2 Cups Butternut squash, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (about 1/2 a small squash)
- 2 Ribs of celery, sliced
- 2 Cups Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 Cup Tomato paste
- 2 Cans Fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic (14.5 oz each)
- 1 Large carrot, sliced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Large zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1-1 1/2 tsp Sea salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 Head garlic
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 6 oz Bag spinach
- 1/3 Cup Parsley, diced
- Combine everything, up to the garlic, in a large slow cooker (mine is 7 quarts) seasoning with 1 tsp of salt.
- Cut the tip off the garlic head, to expose the tips. Rub with exposed tips with the oil. Wrap the garlic tightly in tinfoil and place into the center of the soup.
- Cook on HIGH until the vegetables are fork-tender – this took 3 hours in my slow cooker. It could take anywhere from 2-4 hours, depending on how hot your slow cooker runs.
- Stir in the spinach and parsley and cook on LOW for another 30 mins – 1 hour, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove the garlic packet from the soup. Squeeze out the softened cloves and dice them. Stir as much as you’d like into the soup – adjusting to taste as you add. Additionally, add the additional salt if needed (I think it needs it!)
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!