This Easy Homemade Crockpot Vegetable Soup is a whole30, paleo and vegan dinner with only 1 SmartPoint and 85 calories! Perfect for busy weeknights!
Pin Easy Homemade Crockpot Vegetable Soup
Christmas has COME AND GONE.
JUST. LIKE. THAT. I don’t even know how it flies by EVERY SINGLE YEAR but, IT DOES.
We got back from celebrating Christmas with Mr. FFF’s side of the fam in Wisconsin laaaaate last night and after an almost 12 HOUR DRIVE.
That was not enjoyable in the least.
And, TOMORROW, we take off for Vancouver, Canada for a WHOLE WEEK of getting to visit my fam! It’ll be the first time I have seen my TWIN brother (whom is basically my BFF, other than the Hubs) since we moved to MO in April.
Also, we are flying there just in case you were wondering. Driving would be, liiiiike, 5 days…and 11 hours almost KILLED ME.
I SRSLY hope that you enjoyed a WHOLE bunch of delicious Christmas-y treats over the past few days. As much as I love some healthy ginger snaps, paleo whipped gluten free shortbread cookies and sugar free chewy sugar cookies, I STRONGLY feel that there is a time and place for cookies made with refined sugar, dairy (unless it for real upsets your stomach) and all the other things that we usually don’t eat.
And, that, my friends? IS CHRISTMAS DAY. LIVE YO’ LIFE.
But, alas, Christmas is gone. I no longer get to wake up and eat a little piece of chocolate (which I don’t think is actually even real chocolate) from my advent calendar.
Friends. January is juuuuuuuust peeking it’s promises of new-year-new-you around the corner.
TIME TO GET HEALTHAYYYYY. (While still eating a few cookies you know 😉 )
And what is healthier than a crockpot vegetable soup recipe?
Literally, there is NOTHING.
WITH CROCK POT ROASTED GARLIC.
Hold the PHONE. Roasting garlic in the crockpot. It is a thing that I figured out exists when we ate that garlic butter shrimp and quinoa in the slow cooker, and it’s a thing that you HAVE HAVE HAVE to try.
Mixing this MEGA load of from-the-earth nutrition, with its swirls of tasty vitamin-and-mineral yumminess, with that creamy, RICH and flavorful roasted garlic adds this DEPTH that is not usually found in such a simple-ingredient kind of soup.
A-L-S-O, CUMIN nestles its fragrant and warm self among each bowl of slurpable-soupy-yums, further adding to the complex-rich-addictive flavors that make this vegetable soup recipe SO CRAVEABLE.
For real was slurping this easy homemade crockpot vegetable soup for lunch, snack, dinner…ALL THE TIME. <– FYI: doing the slurp with some gluten-free crescent rolls on the side is a VERY good life choice.
When flavor + yumminess + health combine it just makes me so happy about FOOD, you KNOW?
Unrelated, but sort of related: if you have extra roasted garlic, KEEP IT and put it on everything you eat in life forever. <– I recently discovered mixing it with avocado for my daily avocado toast.
YOU GUYS. It was NEXT LEVEL.
Ummm, good idea alert: what if we spooned a bowl of soup into our hungry bellies WITH aforementioned garlicky-toasty-bliss on the side? Too much?
I’m voting a HARD NO. Never too much.
Grab your spoon. Grab your toast.
GO GO GO!
Get this recipe with Facebook Messenger
Easy Homemade Crockpot Vegetable Soup
- 5 Cups Reduced-sodium chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 2 Cups Butternut squash, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (about 1/2 a small squash)
- 2 Ribs of celery, sliced
- 2 Cups Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 Cup Tomato paste
- 2 Cans Fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic (14.5 oz each)
- 1 Large carrot, sliced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 Large zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1-1 1/2 tsp Sea salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 Head garlic
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 6 oz Bag spinach
- 1/3 Cup Parsley, diced
- Combine everything, up to the garlic, in a large slow cooker (mine is 7 quarts) seasoning with 1 tsp of salt.
- Cut the tip off the garlic head, to expose the tips. Rub with exposed tips with the oil. Wrap the garlic tightly in tinfoil and place into the center of the soup.
- Cook on HIGH until the vegetables are fork-tender - this took 3 hours in my slow cooker. It could take anywhere from 2-4 hours, depending on how hot your slow cooker runs.
- Stir in the spinach and parsley and cook on LOW for another 30 mins - 1 hour, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove the garlic packet from the soup. Squeeze out the softened cloves and dice them. Stir as much as you'd like into the soup - adjusting to taste as you add. Additionally, add the additional salt if needed (I think it needs it!)
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!