Satisfy your snack craving with this creamy & delicious Sweet Potato Blueberry Coconut Cashew Bark. Free of refined sugar, dairy, and gluten!
This recipe might take the prize for the most random list of ingredients but actually tastes delicious, EVER.
And there have been some weirdos on here. I’m looking at you green cashew curry chicken bowls with watermelon.
This is how it came to be:
I had a craving for my vegan peppermint bark but I had no peppermint (sad.) But, I still wanted bark.
Moved on to making some sweet potato dip because I was testing it that day. I had leftovers.
And then I saw my favorite nut butter in my pantry- blueberry cinnabun cashew butter (❤) and it all CLICKED.
And that is the story that you probably didn’t care about, but you got anyway. Seriously though, this bark is EASY and GOOD.
Why this is the BEST Dessert
Ok so tell me, what are your MOST favorite Christmas goodies to serve around the holidays? Perhaps some classic gluten free almond flour shortbread cookies or paleo healthy gingerbread cookies? You KNOW those are both high on my list, because who doesn’t love the classic treats at Christmas time? Today’s recipe, though, is NOT traditional at all and you are going to LOVE adding it to your Christmas goodie plate this year: enter in Cashew Bark made with Sweet Potatoes! It’s made with healthy ingredients, is super simple to make, and has the most satisfying, unique flavor! You won’t be disappointed if you go out on a limb and try something different!
What makes this recipe healthy?
This cashew bark recipe is extremely healthy. It’s packed with protein thanks to the cashews and cashew butter, and actually contains ZERO sugar! Whaaaat? How can a dessert possibly scrap the sugar, you ask? Well, the mashed sweet potato and blueberries in this recipe are all that is needed to bring just enough sweetness to the bark and curb your sugar cravings. Natural sugars for the win!
What You’ll Need to make this recipe
You will only need a handful of healthy ingredients to put this tasty bark, and the ingredients are healthy, immune boosting, and energy giving! Here’s what you’ll need to round up to make this recipe:
- Unsweetened Coconut
- Natural no-stir creamy cashew butter
- Coconut Oil, melted
- Mashed Cooked Sweet Potato
- Dried Blueberries
- Roasted, salted cashews, chopped
How to make Whole30 Cashew Bark
Turn on the oven or toaster oven and allow it to preheat. Spread the coconut out on a small sized baking sheet. Pop it in the oven and toast until it’s golden brown, which should only take a couple of minutes.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the coconut oil and cashew butter. Stir in the mashed sweet potato and mix until it is smooth.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread the mixture onto it. Sprinkle the berries, coconut and cashews over top so that they are evenly dispersed!
Pop the pan into the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Once it’s frozen, remove the pan and chop the bark into pieces! Serve it up and snack away!
How to mix up this recipe
I’m ALL about mixing up recipes to suit your dietary preferences or cravings! This delicious sweet potato bark can easily be modified, and here are a few recommendations I have:
- Other nut butters: You can switch out the cashew butter for peanut butter, almond butter, hazelnut butter, or macadamia nut butter for something new!
- Other nuts: Add in some chopped peanuts, macadamia nuts, or maybe some toasted slivered almonds. This bark would be delicious with any of your favorite nuts.
- Other fruit: In this recipe, I used dried blueberries, but you could use dried cranberries instead if you’d like! You could even put a tropical twist on the bark and add in some dried mango or pineapple for fun.
- Chocolate: Who doesn’t love chunks of chocolate!? Feel free to add white, dark, or milk chocolate chips or chunks to this bark if that sounds good to you! You could use regular chips or sugar free if you so desire.
How to store Whole30 Cashew Bark
This bark is best stored in the freezer, as it becomes too soft if stored in the fridge. Simply pull out as many servings as needed when you’re ready to enjoy it with your crew!
More easy and healthy snack recipes
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 Cup Natural no-stir creamy cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 Cup Mashed cooked sweet potato
- 4 Tbsp Dried blueberries
- 3 Tbsp Roasted, salted cashews, Chopped
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F (I usually use my toaster oven) and spread the coconut on a small baking sheet. Toast until golden brown, just 2-3 mins.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the cashew butter and coconut oil. Microwave until melted, about 1 min.
- Stir in the mashed sweet potato until combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (best if it has sides) and pour the cashew butter mixture on, spreading out thinly.
- Drop the berries evenly over, followed by the coconut and cashews.
- Freeze for 30 mins
- Once frozen, break into chunks and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment