This paleo pizza is made with a cauliflower crust and then topped with creamy, spicy cashew sauce and sweet grilled mango! It’s a healthy gluten, grain and dairy free alternative for pizza night!
Bringing Friday-night pizza night to you…
ON A WEDNESDAY.
And, like with no cheese. No grains. NO GLUTEN.
You know that ooey-gooey cheesy pizza that you snap a pic of and are ABOUT to share it to Instagram…and then logical brain kicks in and is like “OH GIIIIRL DO NOT PRESS SHARE. You don’t want people to know you actually eat things that are not highly-styled, fruity-fresh vegan smoothie bowls and kale salad recipes all day long.”
THIS is NOT that pizza.
Snap away you trendy food-Instagram-ing people you.
Cauliflower pizza. I’ve made it for you grilled (which we’re doin’ 2 day!) and even in a BREAKFAST cauliflower pizza version (runny eggs + cauliflower + pesto = something you need to enjoy at some point in your near future) but they all had cheese.
Which, let’s be real, is NOT a bad thing. Like, at all.
Unless you’re a human who can’t eat dairy. And then your wife obnoxiously eats all the cheesy pizza deliciousness in front of you while you’re sad about your life. I can’t confirm or deny that I am speaking about my marriage.
But let’s just pretend the above hypothetical mean-me situation was true for a second. In that possibly-maybe-made up scenario, good-wife Taylor would be thinkin’ about ways to create a gluten-less, dairy-less pizza that could be consumed by both parties in the “he put on a ring on it” relationship.
Enter this crispy-crunchy cauliflower pizza that is lathered which the THICKEST, creamiest cashew butter sauce. A cashew sauce that is oozing with spicy-sweet flavor profiles in the form of curry, sriracha and those juicy bursts of grill-y mango that have JUST the right notes of smokiness to take this pizza from boring veggies –> HELLO NEW FAVORITE FOOD THAT I WILL EAT FOR ALL THE DAYS LEFT IN MY LIFE ON PLANET EARTH.
You won’t even miss them tomatoes. I pinky promise.
The curry-cashew sauce that we speak off looks eerily similar to the dressing of the grilled sweet potato salad from years back. But, it’s one of those combos that sits on your taste buds once…and then you YEARN for it to happen over and over again.
Any kind of nut butter, mixed up with curry and lightly sweetened with the perfect amount of honey? E’RY DAY, ALL DAY. I say?
Now, it’s time for a round of “3 things that I am currently obsessing over” brought to you by YUM:
- Toast with avocado and eggs. <– Is this so 2015? Or can I still be cool if I eat it?
- Gluten free pancakes for dinner. Because, #foodbloggerlife
- The magical food combination that is mango and curry.
SRSLY. It was just 1.5 weeks ago that we had curry slow cooker mango chicken. And now – POOF – here it is again. It all goes back to that combo of warm curry powder that spices up the back of your throat, and then a perfect punch of sweet that tingles your taste buds ALL the way to your tippy toes, ending in an explosion of GOODNESS.
Before I let you lose into the world to create healthy-flavor-bomb pizza yumminess, and then continue Instagram food-photo domination, I just want to give you a TEENY TINY heads up.
Don’t be surprised if pizza Friday extends to Saturday…Sunday…EVEN MONDAY IS NOT SAFE.
You know those daily pizza eating goals you decided you have just now?
Paleo Pizza with Mango Curry Cashew Sauce
This paleo pizza is made with a cauliflower crust and then topped with creamy, spicy cashew sauce and sweet grilled mango! It's a healthy gluten, grain and dairy free alternative for pizza night!
For the cauliflower crust
- 6 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 tsp Coconut flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1 Large egg
For the salsa
- 1/2 Mango cut into small cubes
- 3 Tbsp Red onion roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Coconut oil melted
For the sauce
- 1 Tbsp Cashew butter
- 2 tsp Coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/4 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Curry powder
- Cilantro for garnish
- Place your cauliflower into a large food processor and pulse until broken down and rice-like.
- Transfer to a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave 7 minutes. Stir, then microwave for 7 more minutes. Pour onto a thin kitchen towel* and let cool until you can handle it, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and line a pizza pan (it should have holes in the bottom) with parchment paper.
- Once cool enough to handle, ring out ALL the excess moisture. Put some muscle into it and really get out as much as you can, as this is the key to a not-soggy crust. THEN, transfer to a new thin towel and ring out AGAIN. this ensures to get maximal amount of water out of the cauliflower.
- Transfer the cauliflower back into a large bowl and add in coconut flour, coconut oil, garlic, ginger and salt. Stir until well combined and then add the egg, mixing until well combined.
- Divide the cauliflower into 2 balls (about a heaping 1/2 cup each) and spread onto on the pizza pan, about 5 inches in diameter. You want the pizzas to be on the small side, leaving a thicker ridge for the crust.
- Place the pan directly onto the grill and cook until the bottom is charred and begins to crisp up, and the top part of the pizza is form, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Place a grill basket onto the grill. Toss the mango and red onion in the melted coconut oil and place into the basket. Cook until charred, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the salsa grills, place the pan of pizza crust into an oven set to HIGH BROIL. Cook until the top is just golden brown and lightly crunchy, about 2-4 minutes (watching carefully so it doesn't burn.)
- While everything is finishing cooking, whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the sauce between the 2 cooked pizzas, spreading out evenly, and then divide the mango/onion salsa on top of the pizza, pressing down lightly to adhere it into the sauce.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and DEVOUR.
*I find the thinner the towel, the more water you are able to squeeze out.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 7 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 6
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more paleo curry recipes?
Paleo cauliflower pizza from around the web:
Best Healthy Vegan Pizza – The Whole Tara
Breakfast Sausage n’ Egg Pizza – Peachy Palate
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!