PIN Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
I know, I know, I know.
We just had keto Mexican cauliflower rice and here I am with another Mexican cauliflower rice recipe for you.
What can I say, it’s my JAM.
So, here we are.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Ingredients
Can you really blame me for my love of cauli rice though? I mean SERIOUSLY- It can be used so many different ways and is just so delicious and versatile! Another tasty way to enjoy it is in Mango Curry Steak with Coconut Cauliflower Rice or spice it up with some delicious bacon in Bacon Cauliflower Fried Rice. For this cauli rice recipe, you may have most of these ingredients on hand already! You will need:
- Olive Oil
- Large head of Cauliflower
- Sea Salt
- Lime, juiced
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
How to Make Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Easy, delicious food that tastes like it’s straight from an authentic Mexican Restaurant doesn’t have to be complicated or use lots of fancy ingredients. Some of my favorite recipes are ones that use simple, whole ingredients that are staples in my kitchen and turn them into fun, flavorful, nourishing meals to enjoy! We have our list of ingredients, and now I’m going to outline just how EASY it is to make this deliciousness a reality.
Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat until it’s hot. Add the onion and cook, stirring often until they are soft and lightly brown. This should take approximately 2-3 minutes.
Add in the cauliflower rice and stir it into the onions, cooking about 5-6 minutes or until the rice becomes tender and brown.
Remove the rice and onion mixture from heat and stir in the salt and lime juice. Next, put the mixture back onto the heat and let it cook until the rice dries out a bit, which should take a minute or 2.
Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro, and adjust the lime and salt to your preference. Serve it up and enjoy!
Recipe Pairings for Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
Are you hosting a Mexican meal and want it to include all the best foods the cuisine has to offer? Something that I love about Mexican cuisine is that there is so much color, so much flavor, and SO much variety when it comes to flavor pairings. This is the BEST cauliflower rice and it will add so much to your Mexican fiesta, especially when accompanied by these delicious side dishes:
- Mexican Stuffed Zucchini with Avocado Salsa
- Grilled Mexican Corn Salad with Tomatillos
- Try adding this to Taco Salad Recipe with Chicken and Ranch Dressing to kick it to the next level!
Can I use Frozen Cauliflower Rice?
When deciding How to cook Cauliflower Rice, there are so many easy ways to get the job done and make a tasty meal. If you know me, you know that I am OBSESSED and I cook it ALL the time in ALL the ways and I love experimenting with it. I personally have never tried cooking cauliflower rice from frozen, so I can’t confirm how it would turn out. I do think, however, that if you thawed it completely and then went on to cook it, it should cook well! If you try it, feel free to let me know how it goes!
Other Low Carb Mexican Recipes
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2/3 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Large head of cauliflower, riced (about 4 lightly packed cups of rice)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt, or to taste
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large pan and add in the onion, cook until soft and lightly brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and cook, stirring frequently, until tender and brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and lime juice. Put back on the heat and cook another 1-2 minutes until the rice dries out a little bit.
- Stir in the cilantro, adjust the salt and lime to taste and DEVOUR!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: POINTS+: 3 OLD POINTS: 2
(per 1/4 of the recipe)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!