This healthy chicken stir fry has fresh coriander and a spicy, sweet sauce. It’s a healthy, gluten free and paleo friendly meal that’s ready in 30 minutes!
You know that moment when you’re at a restaurant and you shove that first HYOOGE mouthful of what you ordered into your face?
Which is ALSO the time that the server asks you how everything is. When you’ve got the most ENORMOUS mouthful of food and there is NO way to answer in a lady-like manner. IT NEVER FAILS.
But, you finally begin chewing and there is this firework-like explosion of FLAVOR and TEXTURE and holy-bananas-everything-that-I-thought-I-knew-about-life-and-what-was-good-in-the-world-was-a-lie kinda magical thing that happens as each bite dances over your taste buds.
Well, except cookie dough overnight oats. Life didn’t lie when it told us that was a very good thing.
Liiiike. So much so that I wanted to get your taste buds in on the spicy-sweet soy sauce, tender-crispy veggies and juicy chicken action. It’s all tied up with this SUPER fresh burst of vibrant, lemony coriander that you just HAD TO EXPERIENCE.
Basically, it’s the definition of all the food that I want to put in my facial space right now and forever more the end goodbye.
Except not goodbye, because I haven’t given your easy-stir-fry-dinner loving selves the key pieces to the recipe puzzle YET.
Whatchu wanna do is sprinkle some (A LOT) of coriander on some chicken breast. Because we know dinner is always going to end up YUMMY when you’re achieving flavor GOALS in step numero UNO. So, rub that spice REAL GOOD.
And then you might want to sprinkle it on all the things that come near the vicinity of your face forever as well. But, this is an optional step. READ ON.
Now we’re talking texture. Like, crunchy golden brown-on-the-outside chicken that is this perfect X-PLOSION of juicy, protein-y deliciousness when your teeth sink into each little, tender morsel with a pop of fragrant ginger and MORE coriander. Trust me, you’ll see why there is coriander squared once you get a taste.
You’re gonna like it. Pinky swear.
Time for the addition of HEALTH YO’. Bok choy, red peppers and PORTOBOLLEO MUSHROOMS (currently obsessing over these) comin’ at YA. It’s a vegetal party, and YOU’RE invited. Like, a party in ONE pot. WITH good-for-you nutritious ingredients.
You’re a fan.
Let’s talk about coconut aminos mixed with coconut sugar and a little bit of sriracha heat. It’s this addictive combo of spicy-sweet-salty that makes this healthy chicken stir fry the kind of meal that you make extra of just so that you can have leftovers the next day.
Or so you can put it in your refrigerator to PLAN to eat the next day…but then you just pick at it all night long and end up eating it because healthy 30 minute meals that are already made for you are YOUR JAM.
Don’t worry. No one at the office will know that your healthy taco salad was totally the lunch reject and judge you for a lack of willpower around this flavor-bomb healthy chicken stir fry.
It’s our little secret.
Now, throw down the rice (or cauliflower rice if you prefer!) and then jazz it up with all the fixin’s from your pot of SUPER tasty veggies, chicken and spicy-sweet sauce. SQUEEZE on some tangy, fresh lime juice and some sesame seeds for THAT CRUNCH. Plus, Thai basil.
UGH. Can’t stop. Won’t stop.
Now please go and obsess over crunchy veggies, tender chicken and lemony coriander and then report back to me so I don’t feel like the only person who dreams about munchin’ stir fries forever and always.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Paleo Coriander Healthy Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 Cup Uncooked white rice *
- 1 Lb Boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 4 tsps Ground coriander divided
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 2 Portobello mushrooms chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 4 cups Bok Choy chopped with the stalks and leafy parts divided (about 4 total)
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup Coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tsp Sriracha + additional for garnish, if desired
- 1 large lime juiced
- 1/4 Cup Thai basil minced
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Prepare your rice as per package directions and cook while you make the stir fry.
- Place the cubed chicken into a large, zip-loc bag and add in 2 tsp of the ground coriander, saving the rest for later. Seal the bag and toss until the coriander evenly coats the chicken. Set aside.
- In a very large wok, or frying pan, heat the olive oil up on medium-high heat.
- Add in the remaining ground coriander and the fresh garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown and fragrant. This only takes 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Add in the chicken and cook until lightly golden brown on each side, about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in the chopped mushrooms, bell pepper and just the stalk part of the bok choy. Cook until the veggies are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the leafy part of the bok choy, along with the chicken broth, coconut aminos, coconut sugar and sriracha. Bring to a boil and cook just for a minute, so that coconut sugar can dissolve.
- Divide the rice between 4 plates, and then divide the chicken mixture on top of the rice, making sure to divide the liquid as well (it'll be runny, it's not supposed to be thick.) Squeeze some fresh lime juice on top of each bowl, following by 1 Tbsp each of Thai basil and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. If desired, add more sriracha.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 11 POINTS+: 13. OLD POINTS: 10
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more easy paleo meals?
Paleo Chicken Stir Fries from around the web:
Asian Sesame Chicken and Broccoli – Skinny Fitalicious
Paleo Spicy Cashew Chicken Stir Fry – This West Coast Mommy
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!