Just wanted to let you know that this easy, spring-time breakfast is sponsored by my friends at Udi’s Gluten Free!
This blueberry lemon muffin gluten free breakfast casserole is a creative way to use your muffins, and has only 5 ingredients and 200 calories! Perfect for spring brunch or Mother’s Day!
Flippin’ brunch on its HEAD today.
Move over slices of bread. FRENCH MUFFIN CASSEROLE IS IN THE HOUSE. <– Don’t think that’s a real name. Made it up right now. GOING WITH IT.
I’m a SUCKER for a good gluten free muffin for breakfast (oooorrr anytime really.) ESPECIALLY when it’s got a crumbly top with bursts of sweet, crunchy yumminess in EVERY BITE.
TRUE confession: I eat muffins from the bottom up. The bottom gets eaten first, since it’s the most boring part. THEN, I have the crumbly delicious, sweet, buttery top ALL ON ITS OWN.
I know you secretly do this too.
Anyway. I’m currently obsessing over Udi’s Gluten Free Lemon Streusel muffins for a few reasons:
- Lemon. I think you and I can both agree that we could eat paleo lemon bars or lemon turmeric vegan cheesecake ALL day long. ALL the lemon. ALL the lemon muffins!
1 and 3 are the same. BUT it’s a very key point. So, it’s allowed.[clickToTweet tweet=”Your next brunch need this #glutenfree Blueberry Lemon Muffin #Breakfast Casserole! @udisglutenfree” quote=”Your next brunch need this #glutenfree Blueberry Lemon Muffin #Breakfast Casserole! @udisglutenfree” theme=”style2″]
Carb-loving hungry brain kicked in the other day and was like “what IF we sliced the muffins kinda like bread. T-H-E-N soaked them in a creamy, sweet bath of eggs and almond milk, JUST LIKE FRENCH TOAST. WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?!”
Obvi. I had to try it.
YOU. GUYS. French muffin casserole IS the newest latest and greatest thing to be ON TREND. <– I was recently informed that I can’t say “trendy” anymore, and the new phrase is “on trend.”
I can’t keep up with the world.
It might not actually be ON TREND right now, considering it’s the first time it’s even happened, but I’m TELLIN’ YA. I can feel it MY BONES that you’re going to be seeing a lot of muffin casserole in your very near real life.
I mean, let’s just think about it for a sec. Muffins already have oodles of flavor, the perfect amount of sweetness and are super tender, so they just SOAK up liquid.
They have ALMOST everything – except extra milk or eggs – needed to make the world’s most delicious French toast…without having to add eleventy billion other ingredients.
WHY HAVE WE NOT PUT THIS TOGETHER BEFORE?
This sweet, tender and SUPER moist breakfast-bliss-bake has only 5 ingredients due to the magical-ness of er’thang already going on in the muffins. You just need to add a little pop of FRESH, juicy blueberries and a little extra lemon zest to round out the flavors in the most ADDICTIVE of ways.
Blueberry + Lemon also complement each other in a way that is going to make your easy-delicious-breakfast-loving-inner-soul REALLY REALLY happy about all things entering the scene of your taste buds.
If you’re not convinced, I don’t know what else to tell you.
PYSCH – I totally have one more point hidden away for all your people who can’t think “outside the toast.”
Slicing the muffins means you’re gonna have a little bit of streusel-covered muffin top in EVERY. SINGLE. BITE.
And all the bottom UP muffin eaters of the world REJOICE.
For step-by-step instruction of this recipe, watch my video tutorial below:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Lemon Muffin Gluten Free Breakfast Casserole
- 4 Udi's Gluten Free Lemon Streusel Muffins (1 package)
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 2 Cups Sweetened vanilla almond milk *
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Lemon zest (about half a very large lemon)
- Pinch of salt
- Rub a 9x13 inch pan with coconut oil.
- Slice 3 of the muffins vertically into 5 slices, and one muffin into 6 slices (vertically as in each slice has some of the crumbly topping on it.) Lay the slices in the prepared pan in a single layer, really pressing them into fit and fill any gaps.
- Spread the blueberries evenly over the slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Pour over the muffins evenly, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours up to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and uncover the casserole. Make sure to really press any muffin slices that aren't covered by the egg mixture down. Bake until the eggs feel set, about 30-35 minutes.
- Serve as-is or with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a drizzle of honey and DEVOUR!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT UDI’S GLUTEN FREE. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 5
(Per 1/8 of the casserole)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!