Just wanted to let you know that this deliciously dairy-free cake is sponsored by my friends over at Enjoy Life Foods!
This chocolate vegan crepe cake is layered with raspberries and creamy coconut! It’s an impressive healthier, gluten and dairy free dessert that everyone will love!
True life fact coming at ya:
And, yes, I AM giving you the credit for this idea since I know that smart person you IS going to take me up on this.
I just SENSE a tower of tender, chewy crepes layerd with the CREAMIEST, fruitiest and lightly sweet raspberry filling, and SLATHERED with a coating of rich, deep, dark chocolate in your VERY near breakfast-or-brunch future.
Read that sentence again. Let it SINK IN(to your taste buds)
Yep. Knew you were going to take me up on it.
If you’ve been around our little space of the internet for, liiiike, 3 seconds you’ll know that I am obsessed with cake-i-fying crepes. We’ve had them in the form of a paleo crepes cake with lemon strawberry coconut cream, a crepe cake with baileys coffee creamer chocolate ganache, a crepe cake with pistachios and coconut cream cheese frosting A-N-D a pumpkin spice latte vegan crepe cake.
Cake + breakfast + crepes = Can’t stop. Won’t stop.[clickToTweet tweet=”Make brunch delicious with this #Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake! @Enjoylifefoods #EatFreely” quote=”Make brunch delicious with this #Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake! @Enjoylifefoods #EatFreely” theme=”style2″]
Aaaaaand I’m guessing you’re just fine with that. Considering the whole “eat cake for breakfast and feel good about all things LIFE” shenanigans that this obsession is bringing to your cake-loving-soul.
I usually don’t play food favorites, but I need to be SUPER honest with you for a second: T-H-I-S crepe cake is my favorite.
Partially because rich, velvety smooth chocolate + tangy bursts of lightly-sweet raspberries mish-mashing with CREAMY coconut whip in EVERY.SINGLE.BITE. <– Ob.Sessed.
But, mostly because Enjoy Life Foods Pancake and Waffle mix is basically SAVING the day.
This delicious little mix is doing ALL the hard work for you. No need to measure flour. No need to add whatever other ingredients you add into the batter to make it magically turn into a crepe. Simply add water, cocoa powder, sugar and a touch of oil and – PRESTO – magical crepes happening in your very real life.
May is Celiac Awareness month, which is ALSO why we’re celebrating all our gluten free friends with CAKE ,– Would you want to go to a party without cake?
Just like the skillet peppermint vegan brownie, and dairy free vegan chocolate truffles where I introduced you to Enjoy Life Food’s baking mixes, this mix (and their chocolate!) is free from allergens, but DEFINITELY not free from taste.
There is A-L-S-O another celebration in May which is coming up SUPER SUPER soon:
I obviously haven’t met your mom, but I think there is a general consensus among all people who love food (moms are included in that category) that chocolate and raspberries and cake is a VRY VRY delicious combo, and is the perfect way to celebrate for all events of LIFE.
I feel like your momma also doesn’t usually play favorites.
But, let’s have some real talk for a second.
If you presented THIS crepe cake to your Momma?
You would DEFINITELY be the favorite child.
Chocolate Vegan Crepe Cake with Raspberries
Total time does not include chilling - please read full recipe and notes carefully before making!
For the cake:
- 1 Package Enjoy Life Foods Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 4 Cups Water
- 6 Tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
For the ganache:
- 1/2 Cup Full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Honey (or agave)
- 6 Oz Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels, roughly chopped (1 VERY packed cup)
For the cream:
- 1 Can Coconut cream, chilled overnight (about 1 cup)
- 1 Cup Fresh raspberries, VERY tightly packed + more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp Honey (or agave)
- Combine all the "cake" ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Lightly rub a good quality non-stick 10 inch pan with melted coconut oil * and heat for 3 minutes on medium heat. Use a scant 1/3 cup (don't quite fill a 1/3 cup liquid measure) of the batter and pour onto the pan, moving the pan in a circular motion while you pour, so the batter coats the entire thing thinly.
- Cook until the edges of the crepe crisp up and pull away from the sides, and the top looks set, about 1 min 30 seconds (they will cook quicker as times goes on and the pan heats up), very gently flip and cook for an additional 20-40 seconds on the other side. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined plate and place into the refrigerator so they cool.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone, lightly rubbing the pan with melted coconut oil between EVERY SINGLE crepe. You should end up with 26 crepes.
- While the crepes are cooking, whisk together the coconut milk and honey in a medium pan over medium heat. Cook until the milk JUST begins to steam and small bubbles form in the surface, making sure you don't let it boil.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate in - don't stir yet! Let the chocolate sit on the milk for 30 seconds and then whisk until smooth and combined. Pour into a medium bowl and refrigerate so it firms up while you keep making the crepes.
- Once the crepes are cooked, scoop just the coconut cream** out from the can (throw away the water in the bottom of the can) and add in the raspberries and honey. Use an electric hand mixer to blend the raspberries into the cream until broken down and well mixed. You should end up with about 2 1/2 cups.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place one crepe on it. Place a lightly heaping Tbsp of cream on the crepe and spread it out thinly (an offset spatula will help a lot!) Repeat until you've done all the crepes. Pick off any crunchy or large sides of the crepes and then refrigerate for 30 mins to set the cream.
- By this time, your ganache has probably hardened. Put in the microwave for just a few seconds (10-15) so it softens and is spreadable, but isn't runny. Scoop 1/2 cup onto the cake and spread all over (work quickly as it sets fast!) making sure to seal in all of the edges of the crepes - it doesn't need to be pretty. Place back into the refrigerator to set for 30-45 minutes until hardened.
- Microwave the remaining ganache until it's pour-able. Place the cake onto a wire-rack and set it over the baking sheet. Pour the ganache on top and smooth it over all the sides, using an offset spatula.
- Top with fresh raspberries and chill until the ganache is set, about 30 minutes.
- Slice and DEVOUR!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT ENJOY LIFE FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 16 POINTS+: 9. OLD POINTS: 7
(based on 12 servings – can vary if you used coconut cream or chilled coconut milk)
If you’re looking for another allergy friendly cake recipe, make sure to check out this Gluten Free Raspberry Buckle Dump Cake from Petite Allergy Treats!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!