Just lettin’ you know that these pop-able potatoes bites are sponsored by my friends over at Sabra!
These healthy, vegan Greek potato bites are the perfect party food or snack! They taste like Greek salad and are gluten and dairy free!
I bite. You bite. We ALL bite.
Potato bites, that is.
If you also thought those were the end of my turn-hummus-into-all-things-one-bite then you THOUGHT WRONG, the sequel.
My ❤ for hummus AND pop-able, small food items of one-bite BLISS runs DEEP.
Especially when aforementioned hummus is piled HIGH on top of a tender, herb-PACKED wedge of potato-y, carby-deliciousness and is sandwiching a juicy burst of tomato with a crispy, SUPER FRESH pop of cucumber…that ends with an undertone of zesty, BRIGHT lemon waking up your taste buds.
Run on sentences. Sometimes they are SO necessary.
Pop-able potato bites are also the ULTIMATE in party food my internet friends. Which is TOTALLY perfect, because I’m helping Sabra celebrate National Hummus Day on May 13th![clickToTweet tweet=”Celebrate #NationalHummusDay with some healthy #Vegan Greek Hummus Potato Bites ! @Sabra” quote=”Celebrate #NationalHummusDay with some healthy #Vegan Greek Hummus Potato Bites ! @Sabra” theme=”style2″]
You wouldn’t want to go to a party without party-food-snacks right?
Exactly. You’d leave.
I feel like you and I can both agree that adding hummus to, liiiike, ERY’THANG is a good life choice. Slathering creamy, thick spirals of smooth chickpea DELICIOUSNESS just makes all food taste THAT much better.
BUTTTT, chickpeas are also little plant-based protein-POWERHOUSES, which means that this little roasty-toasty Mediterranean snack? So perfectly balanced, and filled with real-food nutrition, that you could BASICALLY turn them into dinner.
Which is VRY VRY good since they are SO addicting that Mr. FFF and I kiiiiinda devoured so many that they DID turn into an unofficial meal!
Don’t lie. You’ve had hummus for dinner too.
I have a question for you: have you ever been to a Greek restaurant and eating those AMAZING zesty, lemon-y, fresh roasted potatoes? There is this place growing up that I ALWAYS went to with my family, and I basically wanted to marry those potatoes.
Don’t look at me like that. You’ve felt the same about some food in your life.
The base of these party-food-potatoes are inspired by both THOSE and last year’s roasted sweet potato pie bites, where we learned that a slice of thick, carb-heaven is the ULTIMATE vessel to PILE on the toppings and stuff into your hungry mouths.
Your mouth is gonna get REALLY excited when your taste buds sink into a pile of creamy, airy hummus then experience the mega crispy-and-fresh-crunch of cucumber, and the tang of juicy tomatoes that balances out the thick slice of HERBACIOUS, tender potato.
Greek Potato Bites with Hummus
- 1 1/2 Pounds Russet potato, washed
- 4 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp Ground oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground basil
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 Cup Sabra Classic Hummus
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- 2 Large Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Minced parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a cookie sheet.
- Slice the potatoes width-wise into 1/3 inch thick slices. Use a paper towel to gently press out the excess moisture from the slices and place into a large bowl.
- Pour the olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper over the potatoes and stir until evenly coated.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared sheet and bake until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes bake, stir the hummus and lemon zest together, seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Top each potato slice with a slice of tomato, then a slice of cucumber, sprinkling the cucumber with a pinch of salt. Finally, divide the hummus between the slices and sprinkle with parsley.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY SABRA. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
(Based on the recipe making 6 total servings)