These quick and easy, kid friendly Mini Protein Cupcakes are complete with funfetti Greek yogurt frosting, and are only 70 calories!
WE OO WE OO
No, I haven’t turned into a minion from “Despicable Me”
Side note: Please tell me that ya’ll are obsessed with that movie, like the Huberoni and I. AND please tell me that you agree that number 2 was EVEN better than number 1? Good.
Back on track.
No, you just heard the ridiculously-cute-AND-only-70-calories alertation (I may have just made that word up) system of FFF.
You guys, these little babies rival the Mini Pancake Skewers in cute-osity, and I seriously am SO pumped to share these with you. I know, you’re rolling your eyeballs at me, groaning and saying “but, you’re always so pumped to share things with us”
But, I mean, LOOK! Mini cupcakes that are ONLY 70 CALORIES, gluten free AND they are packed with protein!
Yes, that sentence just happened to your life. Doesn’t it feel more complete now?
First, let’s chat about things that I am in <3 with.
And by that, I mean this Cupcake Flavored Protein Powder from Protein Milkshake Bar.
Yes, it does taste like a cupcake (!!!) which obviously means that it should be baked INTO a cupcake right?
Even if you don’t understand me very often, I KNOW that you guys understand anything involving cupcakes.
Especially cupcakes that you can consume multiple of, and for an everyday snack or even, dare I say it, FOR BREAKFAST?
I mean, the “frosting” is made from Greek yogurt, which has “eat me upon rising” written alllll over it.
And, did you know that, in Zimbabwe it’s illegal to NOT eat yogurt for breakfast
I may or may not be lying to you though.
I think all those sprinkles are going to my head.
It’s been a while since I’ve used my favorite bullet points, so let’s do a recap. Ya know, because I’m trying to pretend that I’m not the ONLY one who let the sprinkles get to their head, and maybe you did too and missed some key points.
- Mini Funfetti Cupcakes that have PROTEIN, are GLUTEN FREE and ONLY 70 Calories.
- I was going to make more points but, really, do you need more?
Now. Go and eat cupcakes.
ESPECIALLY if you have Zimbabwe travel plans.
Don’t say I don’t look out for you.
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp Coconut flour sifted (31 g)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Cupcake Batter Protein Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/2 Tbsps Honey
- 1 Tbsp Non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Butter extract *
- 1/3 Cup Non-fat Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Cupcake Batter Protein powder
- Sweetener of choice and to taste (I used a pinch of Stevia)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sifted coconut four, protein powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, honey, Greek yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla extract and butter extract with an electric hand mixer until well combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture and then beat again until very smooth.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins (I used about 1 Tbsp per cupcake) and let it stand for 10 minutes before baking, to allow the coconut flour to begin absorbing the liquid.
- Bake for until they are just set and a toothpick comes out clean, about 10 minutes. The cupcakes may feel a little on the softer side, but they firm up once cooling. It's very important to not over bake products with protein powder, or they can go quite "spongy." Let cool.
- To make the frosting:
- Stir together the Greek yogurt and the protein powder, and sweeten to taste.
- Spread, or pipe onto the cupcakes and devour! **
Tips & Notes:
* This makes enough for a the cute little dollop of frosting on each cupcake that you see in the picture, if you want them covered with more frosting, double the recipe!
Cupcakes are best fresh, or stored covered at room temperature, and frosted just before serving. If you must frost them in advance, store them in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving. Please note that refrigeration slightly affects the texture.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
This is not a sponsored post, but thank you to Protein Milkshake Bar for providing the protein to make these!
Want more cute, mini things?
Mini White Chocolate Cheesecakes
Leave a Comment