These mini bell pepper nachos are LOADED with Mexican flavor! They’re an easy, low carb and gluten free way to get your nacho fix for under 200 calories!
Photos updated 7/20/17, narration not changed.
May I introduce you to the recipe that just changed your whole oh-my-gosh-I-have-company-coming-and-I-don’t-know-what-snackies-to-have-available life?
Enter: Pepper nachos. AKA: HEALTHY NACHOS.
Likkke, what IS a nacho exactly?
- Salty, crunchy chips
- Piled HIGH with ALL the toppings like beef, tomato, onion, or peppers.
- OOEY GOOEY ooooozing with warm melty cheese that that drips down your face in a way that only cheese can make attractive.
Side note: it’s actually not attractive at all, I just tell myself this as I scarf down the last nacho ’cause it helps me feel good about the current status of my face.
I’m weird like that.
Anyyyywaysss. Who doesn’t love homemade healthy nachos?
The whole idea of using mini bell peppers keeps that whole crunchy, cheesy, salty thing going…but nix that whole fatty, high calorie thing.
Come to think of it, the company coming thing isn’t even necessary.
Excuse me while I stuff my face with nacho cheesy deliciousness….while wearing skinny jeans.
Just kidding. Face-stuffing requires pajamas. But, the point is, I COULD wear skinny jeans.
You understand what I mean.
The BEST thing about these pepper nachos is how STUPID SIMPLE they are. to whip Ever wondered how to make nachos? It looks like this.
Step 1: slice peppers in half. You got this. You can DO THAT
Step 2: cook some beef and mix it with salsa. You’re still rollin’ with it!
Step 3: fill peppers with beef and sprinkle other toppings on. You’re ALMOST DONE
Step 4: ALL. THE. CHEESE. <3 <3 <3
Step 5: OVEN TIME. MELTTTYYYY.
Step 6: empty ENTIRE pan into your hungry belly.
If this is what eating your vegetables tastes like, I think we can ALL agree that we will eat MORE than our required 5-6 servings a day.
Mexican Mini Bell Pepper Nachos
- 1/2 lb Lean ground beef (I used 93%)
- 26 Mini peppers
- 6 Tbsp Salsa
- 1 cup Grated reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, packed (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup Tomato diced
- 1 Large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup Green onion diced
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
Optional dips: salsa, guacamole, sour cream etc.
- Heat a medium pan on medium high heat and cook the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks, until no longer pink inside. Also, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the stem off each pepper and cut in half, removing the seeds and white flesh. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and arrange the peppers so that the cut sides are facing up.
- Stir the salsa into the cooked beef and fill the peppers with the beef. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the tomato, green onion, avocado and cilantro.
- DEVOUR immediately, with optional dips!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
(per serving- about 8 nachos)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!