Just thought you might want to know that this spicy, side-dish creation is sponsored by GoAvo!
This easy Mexican sweet potato salad has a spicy avocado chipotle dressing and grilled corn! It’s a simple, gluten free and vegan-friendly side dish!
Andddd I can just see you sittin’ there, scratchin’ your head and wondering what on earth I’m talking about now.
Well, you wonderfully confused person you, what I am trying to tell you about this this CRAZYcreamy, tangy, smooooth new condiment that comes along with a nice little chipotle kick when you spread it’s thick deliciousness on ALL THE FOODS.
Think of GoAvo as the heart-healthy, WAYY-better-4-you version of that fattier-condiment-that-shall-not-be-named. Aaand, it’s made from, you guessed it, AVOCADO.
I SRSLY would not even be surprised if my heart did NOT look like this: <3
And, ACTUALLY looked like this: oO. <– That is the closest I could get to an avocado emoji on my keyboard. USE YOUR IMAGINATION.
Anyway. We’ve established the necessary information here: avocados are life. So, obvi, GoAvo’s assortment of flavored Avocado spreads (regular, basil AND chipotle) are giving me ALL THE FEELS RIGHT NOW.
But, if you don’t have the dressing, then you can try this Mexican Potato Salad from Allergylicious!
Mostly though, it’s giving me that spicy-warmth-in-the-back-of-my-throat-that’s-juuuuust-enough-to-make-me-wonder-if-I-need-a-glass-of-water. You know that feeling right? It’s that perfect little heat that perks up your taste buds and kicks ‘em into gear to get their eat on.
And eat they will…because there’s Vegan Mexican Sweet Potato Salad in the hoouuuuuuse!
If you hadn’t looked outside lately, well, you really need to get out more. BUT, for reals, you may have noticed the COLOR of flowers and green grass and birds singing is in the air. It’s SPRING time (finally!) and you and I both know that we’re pretty much just spending our days twiddling our thumbs and waiting for someone to invite us to a picnic, so that we can eat all the sweet potato salad.
Is that just me? Maybe you spend your time doing more productive things? Please say no.
Anyway. It’s a spring/summer food staple and one that is usually L-O-A-D-E-D with yumminess but notsomuch nutritious-ness.
Just imagine with me, if you will (you warmed your imagination up with the avocado emoji, so ya’ll should be GOOD AND READY) you + someone that you think is really cool = sitting under a shady tree, basking in the warmth around you and munching through bites of tender sweet potato that burst with spicy cumin, smoky, charred corn, crunchy red peppers and then mishmash allll together with creamy avocado.
Is that not just the tastiest and most happy life picture that your brain could be thinking about right now?!
I THINK YES.
In order to make this happen, here is what needs to go down:
- Boil potatoes. You can handle this. PROTIP: Do NOT attempt to cut said potatoes RIGHT out of the water because your hungry mouth wants potato salad NOW. Not that I did that or anything.
- Throw some corn on a grill pan…or a REAL life BBQ if you be fancy.
- Mince peppers. See point 1 re: your ability to handle this step.
That’s all she (I?) wrote folks. 4 steps. F-O-U-R S-I-M-P-L-E steps stand between you and creamy/spicy/crunchy/tender/SUPER ADDICTIVE potato salad GOALS.
Protip, the sequel: If you don’t have the “someone to sit under the old oak tree and face plant into a bowl of vegan potato salad” with….
You get more to yourself.
Cheers to secret wins!
Vegan Mexican Sweet Potato Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 3 lbs Large White sweet potatoes halved (2 1/2 )
- 1 1/3 Cup Corn kernels thawed if frozen
- 1 Cup Onion diced (about 1 large onion)
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp White vinegar
- 1 Cup Red bell pepper minced (1 large pepper)
- 1 Cup Go Avo Chipotle Flavored Avocado Spread 1 bottle
- 1/2 Cup Roughly chopped cilantro firmly packed
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of generously salted water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-high to keep the water at a rolling boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain the tender potatoes and let cool until you are able the handle them.
- While the potatoes cook, heat dry grill pan on medium-high heat. Combine the corn, onion and cumin in a medium bowl and add into the pre-heated grill pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion and corn is nice and charred, about 10 minutes. Once cooked, transfer to a small bowl until ready to use.
- Once the potatoes are cool, peel away the skin and chop them into 1/2 inch - 3/4 inch cubes. Place the cubed potatoes into a large bowl and drizzle with the vinegar. Mix well to evenly coat the potatoes.
- Add the charred corn & onion mixture, along with the minced red pepper, Go Avo Avocado Spread, cilantro, salt and pepper into the bowl and toss until creamy and evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT GOAVO. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 6 Points+: 5. Old Points: 4
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more sweet potato salads?