These Gluten Free Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies are only 6 simple ingredients and melt in your mouth! Naturally gluten free and so delicious!
PIN Gluten Free Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies
Doesn’t matter if they’re paleo whipped gluten free shortbread cookies, pistachio whipped shortbread cookies OR if I want to get super “out there” and make cranberry pistachio gluten free shortbread cookies.
I am a shortbread cookies all inclusivist.
But, these super simple and super-classic shortbread will forever be my fav.
There is something so perfect about the buttery-melt-in-your-mouth texture without all the fancy things, that just GETS YOU right in the taste buds.
But, don’t take my word for it, try ’em yourself. 😉
Why these are the PERFECT Christmas Cookie
Christmastime is about family, friends, hanging out, being thankful, and can’t forget TREATS! Holiday baking is one of the highlights of this time of year for me, because it’s SO fun and I just want to bake up all the Christmas cookies! I mean, there are paleo healthy gingerbread cookies, chocolate mint avocado cookies, and now these healthy shortbread cookies! They are buttery and rich, use less refined sugar, and are also gluten free! The texture and taste will blow your mind and make them your new favorite Christmas cookies!
Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies Ingredients
Nothing screams Christmas like a heaping plate of baked holiday goodies, am I right people?? I picture a cozy fireplace, a group of family and friends, and all the holiday baking my little heart desires- now that’s perfection! These scrumptious almond flour butter cookies have that buttery, melt-in-your-mouth texture that you want in a shortbread cookie! Let’s gather our ingredients and get started. For this recipe, you will need:
- Unsalted room temperature Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Flour
- Egg White
- Raw organic Cane Sugar
How to make Gluten-free Shortbread Cookie Recipe
One of the perks of this recipe is that it delivers buttery, delicious cookies that are also SO easy to make! Now that we have sorted out our ingredients, let’s dive in and get started!
Set your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit so that it can heat up while you prepare the dough.
With a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Next, add the vanilla and beat to combine.
Add in the flour and salt and stir until combined. Form the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Toss it in the fridge to chill for about 20-30 minutes.
Once you’ve allowed the dough to chill, take it out of the fridge and roll it out between two sheets of parchment paper until the dough is about ½ inch thick. Your square of dough should be about 8 x 10 inches.
Cut the shortbread into small squares- about 1 ½ x 2 inches and then carefully put the parchment sheet onto a cookie sheet.
Whisk together the egg white and water and brush it onto each cookie. Finish them off with a sprinkle of granulated sugar.
Bake in your preheated oven until the edges are golden brown, which should take about 12-14 minutes. Cool completely and enjoy your almond shortbread cookies!
Top Tips for making Almond Flour Shortbread
- Make sure you cream the butter and flour together enough so that it gets nice and light and fluffy!
- Make sure the butter is softened, but not too soft and not melted!
- Use blanched flour for the best result with these cookies!
- Weigh the flour: In baking, if you want to get the BEST results, weighing flour is very important!
Although i haven’t tried this recipe with another flour, if you want to try it out, feel free and let me know how it goes! Since gluten free flours can be so different, though, I would recommend using a nut flour!
YES! This shortbread is so flavorful with that buttery, flaky goodness that makes shortbread so delicious.
These shortbread cookies with almond flour can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for about a week. They are a fabulous make-ahead treat because they taste just as great a few days after baking!
Other Healthy Christmas Cookies
- Preheat you oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the flour and salt until well mixed. Form the dough into a square, wrap in saran wrap and chill 20-30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll the shortbread between two layers of parchment paper (one on the bottom, one on top of the shortbread dough) until about 1/2 inch thick – you should have roughly a 10×8 inch square.
- Cut into 24 squares that are 2×1.5 inches big and then gently transfer the parchment paper onto a cookie sheet.
- Whisk the egg white and water until well mixed and brush on top of each cookie. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake until the edges are JUST golden brown, about 12-14 minutes (they set up a lot!) Cool on the pan COMPLETELY
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 5 POINTS+: 4 OLD POINTS: 3
(per 1 cookie)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!