This chimichurri sauce recipe uses a surprise ingredient to make it thick and creamy! It’s a super easy, paleo, vegan and whole30 compliant addition to many meals!
AKA: creamy, saucy heaven in your mouth that your super-awesome self made in 5 minutes, and is now adding ALL SORTS of flavor to your meals.
We talkin’ fish. We talkin’ chicken. We talkin’ leafy-rabbit-food. This stupid-simple-your-dog-could-make-it sauce is good on pretty much everything that you put in veryyyyy close proximity to your face.
IE: INSIDE IT.
P.s I know you’re probably preeee tired of boring chicken breast recipes, since it’s now day 25 of your whole30 challenge right? Of course. SOSOSO, you can make this sauce and have the most ROCKINGEST whole30 compliant meals for the last 5 days! Good bye boring-food-land! You likeyyyyy.
Seriously. This sauce guys. SO GOOD ON ANYTHING. I was eyeing some Whole30 Potato Pancakes from Allergy Girl Eats and my tummy was like chimichurri on potato pancakes? YES PLEASE.
To demonstrate just how easy this sauce is, I made you a short video. It’s short because, ummmm, there are almost no steps. Which means you are sososososo close to having the same moment that I am having with a batch of thick, velvety-smooth, superfresh herb-y yumminess, that is BURSTING at the seams with bright, zesty lemon and a hiiiiint of heat.
Ummm….and the one thing that takes this spread-it-on-e’rythannnng sauce from here –>HERE: the cashews.
Who knew that cashew cream could be so perfectly savory-delicious when blended up with a touch of almond milk and HANDFULLS upon HANDULLS of herbs. Because why stop at one handful of healthful, eat-more-green-food goalz? Always green food. It makes your insides feel good and your skin all glow-y. And, whatever.
Chimichurri. Have you had it? The Hub-o-rama and I feel head over taste buds in L-O-V-E with it when we had it over some steak on our honeymoon in Mexico. Side note: That was almost exactly 3 years ago, as our anniversary is Feb 2. ANDANDAND we’re celebrating 3 years in MEXICO again. We leave February 1st!
I plan to eat my WEIGHT in chimichurri. Just in case you were wondering my itinerary for the trip.
Beach. Chimichurri. Pina Colada. Repeat.
We fell in love with it in Mexico. And then, I realized just how easy it was to make, and we’ve fallen in love with it a few times at home since then. Who knows, it could be what makes the Huberoni stick around.
OR, it could be my totally normal and predictable personality. *sarcasm*
You know what they say. The couple that eats chimichurri together, stays together.
And, to TOP that, the couple that eats PUMPED UP chimichurri WITH CREAMY CASHEW DREAMS involved, well…
Words can’t even describe the amount of magical staying power this sauce has inside of its creamy, delicious self.
- 2 Cups Roughly chopped cilantro loosely packed
- 1 Cup Roughly chopped Italian parsley loosely packed
- 2 Tbsp Fresh oregano leaves
- 2 Tsps Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes or to taste *
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemons
- 1 Cup Roasted cashews covered in water and soaked overnight ** (140 grams)
- 1/2 - 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk ***
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a high-powered blender (I used my Blendtec) add the cilantro, parsley, oregano leaves, garlic and the lemon zest. Blend until broken down, scraping the sides down as necessary.
- Drain the soaked cashews and then add them into the blender along with the lemon juice and 3/4 cup almond milk. Blend on the highest speed until the sauce is smooth and creamy, about 1 minute or so, scraping down the sides as necessary. If you want a thinner sauce, add in a little bit more milk.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and adjust level of spiciness if needed.
- Pour on ALL THE THINGS.
Tips & Notes:
* I buy my cashews pre-roasted. If yours aren't, stick them in a 400 degree oven for a few minutes, until lightly browned. Toasting the nuts really adds flavor!
*** Add almond milk to desired consistency.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 1 POINTS+: 1. OLD POINTS: 1
(Per 1 Tablespoon)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more Whole30 compliant meals?
Healthy Chimichurri recipes from around the web:
Chimichurri Shrimp – Gimme Some Oven
Easy Chimichurri White Bean Hummus – Cotter Crunch
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!