Just lettin’ you know that these cheesy, crunchy bites of deliciousness are sponsored by my friends over at Sabra, the makers of all things creamy and yum!
These cheesy hummus bites are made extra crispy with roasted chickpeas! Dip them in a guacamole for a healthier snack or appetizer on game day!
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
The ooey-gooey-melty-cheese stuffed program that you’re about to see has been rated “A.”
As in “ADDICTIVE.”
Liiike, POOF! There goes all the words I had to say about these hummus bites, because I got thinking about that moment when my teeth sunk into the crunchy-crispy, golden brown outside and then hit the melty-cheese lava that was awaiting to explode in my mouth. <– Food bliss. That is the definition RIGHT THERE.
Hummus. You know it. You love it. You eat it on sandwiches, salads, crackers, a spoon, YOUR FINGER (don’t lie.) Nothing is safe from the velvety-smooth chickpea spread.
BUT, let me just explode your brain on a Monday.
HUMMUS BITES. Like we’re talking a mishmash of garlicky, creamy-smooth Sabra hummus, cilantro, a little Mexican spice and some shredded cheese. Oh WAIT, you forgot MORE CHEESE GOODNESS in the center. Because you’re making the bites. You’re callin’ the shots. You can shove ALL the cheese in the land inside. If you want.
Just kidding. Don’t actually shove ALL of it. Because then your crispy hummus bites will come out of the oven as crispy hummus not-so-bites of exploded messy-cheese yuck. It happened to a friend of a friend of mine. Who also might have been named “Taylor.” You knowwwww.
Did you know there’s this day coming up that is sort of a big deal? It rhymes with Buper Soul. It’s the kinda day that everyone gets together and there’s lots of cheering and yelling and stomping…and food. LOTS AND LOTS OF SNACKS GUYS. Sort of like these hummus bites that justsohappen to be a snack. Sort of like how you should probablymaybeforsure add them to your “must make to feed the screaming men” snack list.
You know, just in case one of those screaming men’s favorite team is, dare I say it? LOSING (!!!)
A wise person once said that hummus is a band aid for the soul. <— I made that up.
BUT, it IS delicious and delicious food makes good days better and dark-cloud-team-losing days manageable.
Side note: Sabra hummus. Do I realllllllly need to have you guys sit down and formally do the whole “hand shake meeting” thing? Of course not. You know Sabra. I wouldn’t be surprised if you had 5 flavors in your refrigerator RIGHT NOW. (I do.)
BUTBUTBUT did you know they made guacamole? UM HELLO LIFE CHANGING MOMENT THAT REALLY HAPPENED.
The creamy, cooling avocados in their guac is preeee much a magical combination with the heat in these addictive, pop-able little bites. Dip ‘em in and the POP DON’T STOP.
Whatever that means.
In other news: Didja know that you could turn roasted chickpeas into panko crumbs? Anddddd I can see you right now, just blankly looking at your screen because that kind of AWESOMENESS is just SOMUCH for your brain to handle today. So much mind-blowing happening in this post.
Deep breaths peeps. It will all be okay.
Do a little crunchy-crunchy roasting and then, WHIIIRRRR, into the food processor. VOILA! Instant panko-like crumblies. Its gold guys. Spicy, crunchy, healthy gold. THAT YOU CAN EAT.
I’m even willing to bet that these are the best hummus bites of bliss your face has ever munched, aaaand that they will have DISAPPEARED before kickoff.
I don’t even know if that’s a football term.
Who cares. More cheese please.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Dump the rinsed chickpeas onto a paper towel and dry them off well. Remove any of the papery skins that fall of the chickpeas, and then place them into a medium bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil, cumin and smoked paprika onto the chickpeas and toss to evenly coat. Spread them onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the chickpeas for 15 minutes, stir, and then bake another 15 minutes until they are golden brown and crunchy. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Once cooled, put the chickpeas into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) and process until crumbly.
- In a large bowl, mix together the hummus, grated cheddar cheese and cilantro. Whisk the egg in a small bowl, and then add it into the hummus mixture. Finally, add in the chickpea crumbles. Stir until evenly mixed. Your mixture will be quite wet.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and drop 16 heaping Tablespoon-sized balls of the hummus mixture onto the prepared pan. You should have a little bit left over to help seal the bites after you put the cheese in.
- Press one of the cheese cubes into the center of a ball and use your fingers to press the hummus batter around it, and close off the hole. Additionally, form the balls into a circle with a small spoon. Repeat for all the bites. It will be messy. I found it helps to wash your hands every few bites. If any bites have some visible cheese, use the remaining mixture to press on top.
- Spray the bites with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes. Then, spray them again and bake an additional 6-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve IMMEDIATELY with the guacamole to dip.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY SABRA. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN.
Don’t forget to enter Sabra’s “Buy, Snap, Score” Promotion! You JUST have to buy Sabra and Stacy’s Pita Chips together before 02/15/16 and you can score a $5 gift card! WOO! Click HERE for more info!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 3 POINTS+: 2. OLD POINTS: 2 FREETSYLE POINTS:3
(per 1 bite, not including dip)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more hummus?