Just wanted to let you know that this Asian inspired, crunchy-roasted chickpeas-LOADED lunch is sponsored by my friends over at Flatout!
This healthy wrap has an Asian flair with crunchy “honey” garlic roasted chickpeas and cauliflower rice! It’s a quick and easy, portable and vegan friendly meal that’s perfect for lunchboxes!
A little “honey” with the honey.
A little crispy…with ALL the crispy
You know what I’m talking about.
Orrrrr maybe you don’t.
So let me just explain the magic that is about to happen inside your mouth when your teeth sink into the SECOND wrap for the “wrap week” that we’re doing with Flatout this week! On Monday, we had the Mexican Sweet Potato Noodles wrap that was slathered with creamy “cheesy” *(but NO CHEESE) sauce.
And now we have honey without the honey. Lunch should never be this confusing, so Imma UNCONFUSE YOU.
Have you ever gone to an Asian restaurant and ordered a plate of honey garlic chicken on a bed of the classic chicken fried rice? If you answered “YASSSSSSS” then you are probably tasting the sweet-tangy chicken that has the most PERFECT crunch on the outside, then ends in tender, juiciness on the inside, right on the tip of your tongue right now amIright? And then all that mish-mashed on a fork with chewy-but-crispy fried rice?
It’s food NIRVANA.[Tweet “Have Honey Garlic without the chicken with these #Vegan Roasted Chickpea Wraps! @FlatoutBread”]
But, it’s also very exclusivist in the sense that all you meatless friends (hi!) don’t get to enjoy that. Which is what I like to call a MAJOR SAD DAY.
NOT ANYMORE. We’ve got the crunchy-tender-chewy-“honey”-garlic vibes ooooozing out of this ProteinUP CarbDown Flatout Flatbread….and it’s EVERY.BIT.AS.DELICIOUS as the chicken-laden counterpart.
See also: eleventy billion percent HEALTHIER.
Tender-crisp, fresh-garlic-scented Cauliflower rice > Fried rice. Any day. All day.
Nourishing food that tastes, liiike, SUPER good FOR THE WIN.
One of the MVP’S of this wrapity-wrap is the roasted chickpeas. We already established in the mint grilled sweet potatoes wraps, that we like to roll trendy ingredients inside our lunch, in order to feel like people that can actually create the things that they see on Pinterest, so we’re gonna just continue on that train today.
Roasted Chickpeas friends. They are as delicious as they are trendy. As YUMMY AND CRISPY AND GOOD as they are EASY. And they are what we’re adding to the party-in-your-mouth to bring the spicy garlic KICK and that crunch that just won’t QUIT.
Maybe you’ve only ever munched and crunched them as a snack, or maybe you have ventured out to use them in some grilled avocados stuffed with chickpeas. Whatever level of adventuring your chickpea-loving-self has achieved, your new favorite way is going to be stuffed inside a WRAP. I know it.
The secondary MVP (can there be two MVP’S or am I making the ability to have this be a “thing” up?) of this protein-packed-portable-lunch of yummy vibes is the “honey” ginger sauce that hooks it’s thick, sweet and tangy self up with crunchy bites of zesty onion, crispy cabbage and water chestnuts.
With cilantro. Always cilantro.
Pile that sweet and sour punch of goodness on top of lightly golden brown, crispy, garlicky cauliflower rice.
And then SPRINKLE ON THEM CRUNCHY BITES OF LOVE.
Which is person-who-loves-food-speak for roasted chickpeas. Just in case you weren’t trackin’ with me. <– Entirely possible.
Are you seeing the LAYERS OF FLAVOR THAT ARE HAPPENING HERE?
Mouth –> soft, chewy wrap –> a POW of crunchy, garlicky DLISH chickpeas –> tender, crispy cauliflower rice (hidden veggies HELLO) –> end in a crackly bite of herbs, veggies and that TANGY, THICK, SWEET sauce that kinda just drips down your chin in a way that can only mean “YOU’RE DOIN’ IT RIGHT.”
For the chickpeas:
- 3/4 Cup Chickpeas drained and rinsed, about 1/2 a 15.5oz can or 120g
- 1/2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp agave
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 Tbsp Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp White vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1/8 tsp Sesame oil
For the cauliflower rice:
- 2 Cups Cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Fresh garlic minced
For the salad/wraps:
- 1 Cup Classic coleslaw mix with no dressing
- 2 Tbsp Water chestnuts diced
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Green onion sliced
- 2 Flatout ProteinUP CarbDown SeaSalt & Crushed Black Pepper OR Core12 Flatbread Wraps (use the Flatout gluten free wrap if needed)
- 1 Cup Spinach packed
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spread your chickpeas on a paper towel and dry them off.
- Add the chickpeas into a medium bowl and toss with the olive oil and garlic powder until evenly coated. Spread onto a small baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 15 minutes, stir and then bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crunchy.
- While the chickpeas cook, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan set over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce just begins to reduce and thicken, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and place into the refrigerator to let cool and thicken more while you make the cauliflower rice.
- Place the cauliflower into a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) and process until broken down and "rice-like."
- Heat the oil in a small pan on medium heat and cook the garlic just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the cauliflower rice, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a separate, medium bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix, water chestnuts, cilantro and green onion. Add in the thickened sauce and stir until evenly coated.
- Place the wraps on two plates, dividing the spinach between each. Then, divide the cauliflower rice, the coleslaw mix and, finally, divide the roasted chickpeas.
- Roll up and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT FLATOUT. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with Flatout Flatbread on social media for other tasty recipes:
Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Instagram
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 10 POINTS+: 9. OLD POINTS: 7
Want more easy vegan meals?
Vegan Coconut Curry with Sweet Potato Noodles
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment