This pumpkin hummus is the best hummus recipe! Complete with Cinnamon “sugar” baked tortilla chips, you won’t be able to stop eating!
You know what I’m really terrible at?
I’m pretty convinced that I have a black thumb.
I mean, I even killed a cactus once.
HOW DO YOU KILL SOMETHING THAT DOESN’T EVEN NEED WATER? These are the things in life that I don’t understand.
But, then we moved back to Washington and I figured that I was now in the land of green-ness and opportunity.
Whatever that means.
SO, I decided to start a garden. And by garden I mean that I saw a whole basil plant at the store for like 2 bucks, and it said ALL I had to do was put it in a cup with 1 inch of water and I would have basil for LYFE yo’.
I brought it home and squealed (except I didn’t squeal at all) to the Huberoni about how excited I was for our new, gardening adventure. We even used some of the fresh-osity to garnish our dinner that night.
Like sugar plums, without the Christmas thing.
I’m not Costco. I’m not ready for that Holiday yet.
I woke up. I ran to the kitchen like a kid on Christmas morning (okay, maybe I am subconsciously ready for it) AND…..
MY BASIL WAS DEAD. It was all black and wither-y OVERNIGHT. No Homemade hummus with kale pesto for me.
This is why we don’t have kids. Mr. FFF doesn’t trust me with anything living.
But, you know what the best cure for having dead basil is?
Making a recipe that doesn’t need it. TAKE THAT BLACK THUMB.
Plus, I was all depressed and what not about the “incident” (let’s call it that) so I didn’t want to put any effort into cooking.
So, I decided to make the BEST hummus recipe AND keep it easy-chick-peasy for you. See what I did there? CLEVER.
Especially when it tastes like pumpkin pie in the yummiest healthy snack/dessert/I-don’t-quite-know-how-to-classify-it, that you can dip your whole head into.
Or the cinnamon “sugar” baked tortilla chips. That might be cleaner.
Just maybe though.
Pumpkin Hummus with Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
This pumpkin hummus is the best hummus recipe! Complete with Cinnamon "sugar" baked tortilla chips, you won't be able to stop eating!
- For the hummus:
- 1 Cup Reduced-sodium Chickpeas de-skinned (180g)*
- 3/4 Cup Canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp Coconut oil melted + additional for drizzling, if desired.
- For the chips:
- 1 Whole wheat tortilla
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil melted
- Truvia for sprinkling
- Cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and rub a cookie sheet with melted coconut oil, set aside.
- To de-skin the chickpeas:
- Drain the chickpeas and spread them out on a paper towel. Gently squeeze each chickpea until the thin, papery skin comes off. Repeat with remaining chickpeas
- Add the chickpeas, pumpkin , maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and 2 tsps of coconut oil into a small food processor and process until smooth. You may need to stop the processor and scrape down the sides every so often to get everything smooth and mixed, depending on how strong your processor is. Mine took a good 5 to 6 minutes of blending.
- Cut the tortilla into 8 triangles and lay on the prepared cookie sheet. Brush with 1/2 of the melted coconut oil and then sprinkle with cinnamon and Truvia. No need to use an exact measurement, just give a good pinch of Truvia for each chip.
- Bake for 8 mins, or until lightly golden. Flip the tortillas, brush with remaining oil and sprinkle with more cinnamon and Truvia. Bake for another 7-8 minutes until the tortillas are a deep golden, brown. They will not seem crunchy at first, as the Truvia will melt. But, once the chips cool and Truvia hardens, you will nice and crunchy chips!
- Drizzle the hummus with additional melted coconut oil, if desired, and DEVOUR with the chips!
*This measurement is after taking the skin off. If you measure out before, it will be less than 1/2 a cup once the skins are removed.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more pumpkin?
More pumpkin from around the web:
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Bites – Running To The Kitchen
Healthy Double Pumpkin Pie Granola – GI 365
Stay in DA KNOW (and get special behind-the-scenes info) by following along with FFF on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!