These healthy no bake bars are made of berry cashew cream, layered and then frozen! They’re an easy, paleo and vegan friendly dessert for the fourth of July!
Have you ever been waiting for something SO LONG and then that day finally comes…
AND YOU’RE SO PUMPED THAT IT IS FINALLY THAT DAY?
Today is that day. The day that I get to share these crazy-addicting, ULTRA creamy, perfectly fruity little bars of red, white and blue prettiness with your healthy-dessert-loving souls.
I’m not even over exaggerating the love that I have for these cashew cream bars. They give my heart a major case of fuzzy feelings.
And my belly a DOUBLY MAJOR case of YUMMY feelings.
So, question for you: do you know how HARD it is to come up with new and exciting red, white and blue desserts to make your holiday-themed-food-loving-selves happy? ESPECIALLY without the help of weird food things like food dye?
Popsicles? We’ve red white and blue dairy free paleo banana pudding pops and strawberry coconut popsicles already.
Cupcakes? Everyone’s done that! Trifle? YEP, Pinterest also agreed on the “everyone’s done that factor.” Paleo poke cake? Even I have done that!
Maybe something red with beets? BUT, beets in desserts still weird me out. You too? Phew.
I pretty much thought I maxed my Patriotic (says the non-American) creative mind abilities out on those red white and blue vegan banana ice cream bars and lemon honey semifreddo recipe.
UNTILLLLLLLLLLLLL. The remembrance (apparently that’s a real word according to spell check?) of gluten free carrot cake vegan cheesecake entered my brain. WHERE cashew cream sauce blended with VEGETABLES (say what!?) and it turned out, like, RLY RLY yummy on my taste buds.
The obvious part of my brain figured that fruit would MOST DEFINITELY taste better than vegetables. So, ONWARD I went into the land of cashew cream + sweet, juicy berries + food processers = hopefully tasty creations.
And, my peeps, tasty creations are FO SHO’ the answer to the above food/math equation.
Side note: why was math not taught like that in High school? I would have done so much better.
Are you getting tired of the date/nut crust that has been lurking underneath ALL of the frozen dessert recipes (hi no-bake chocolate tart!) that we’ve been munchin’ on lately? They’re just so EZ. And so DELICIOUS and all around PERFECT. You know what they say right? If it’s not yucky, don’t fix it.
Or something to that effect. You understand
So. We’re doin’ THAT crust dance again. And it’s still just as fun and magically awesome as the first time. I pinky-promise.
But, more importantly, THOSE LAYERS THOUGH.
Do you see each thin, creamy, rich layer that is appropriately and strategically planned to have the optimum berry to cashew cream ratio to create sweet-juicy-taste PLUS super-pretty-color that is gonna make completing all your patriotic-food-creating goals a thing that happens in your real life? I am obsessed with them.
Also currently obsessed with the fact that these little frozen bars of pure food love look, like, SUPER impressive and hard and stuff but, PSYCH, they are WAYYYY EASY.
Like, press a button on a blender and pour stuff into a pan kinda easy.
Like, the hardest part is waiting for them to chill kinda easy.
Like, go down WAY TOO EASY so you might eat 6…AT ONCE…kinda easy.
Hypothetically speaking of course. I have no actual knowledge that this is the case.
But, I might be lying.
For the crust:
- 2/3 Cup Roasted Cashews * 93g
- 1/2 Cup Roughly chopped dates loosely packed (70g)
For the layers:
- 2 Cups Roasted Cashews soaked in water overnight (250g)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 Cup Honey agave for vegan version
- 1 tsp Raw vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Strawberries roughly chopped (140g)
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries 70g
- Place the cashews (for the crust) into a large food processor and pulse until broken down and crumble. Add in the dates and pulse until combined and the mixture begins to form a crumble dough.
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom of a parchment lined 8x8 inch pan. You need to press it very thin, so really use your muscle and work it in there. Place into the freezer while you make the cream.
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them, along with the almond milk, honey, vanilla and a pinch of salt, into a large, high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer to a large liquid measuring cup. You should have 2 cups of cream.
- Place 1/2 cup of the cream into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) along with the strawberries.** Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape the cream over the crust and spread out evenly. Place into the refrigerator just until the top feels set, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Spread 1 Cup of the cashew cream on top of the strawberry layer and place back into the freezer until the top feels set, another 45 minutes to an hour.
- Finally, place the remaining 1/2 cup of cashew cream into the small food processor with the blueberries *** and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the final layer on top and freeze until completely firm and set, about 3 hours to overnight.
- Once frozen, remove from the pan, slice into squares and DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
**I tried to do this in the blender, but it was too small of a batch to get creamy.
*** Do not make the fruit layers in advance as the pectin in the fruit causes the cashew to gel-ify if you do this. Make them just as you're ready to spread them.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 5 POINTS+: 4. OLD POINTS: 5
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more no-bake vegan desserts?
Coconut Raw Cheesecakes with Chocolate Peanut Frosting
Salted Almond Joy No Bake Bars
Raw Vegan Tart with Chocolate and Pistachios
No-bake vegan desserts from around the web:
No-Bake Vegan Cherry Cheesecake Bars – Meaningful Eats
Mixed Berry & Whipped Coconut Cream Pie – A Saucy Kitchen
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment