Just wanted to let you know that this creamy-dreamy, colorful dessert is sponsored by my friends over at Silk!
These vegan Superfood Berry Cashew Cream No Bake Bars are naturally colored with fruit and vegetables! They’re so creamy you’ll never know they’re healthy and dairy free!
Smiling eyeballs. It’s what’s going to happen to you today.
I mean, doesn’t pretty, colorful food just make you HAPPY? You just can’t be a sad, dark-cloud human being when your peepers are peepin’ these TRIPLE-layers of soft pink! Green! Purple!
This is the reason that I love Easter treats. SO MUCH PASTEL COLOR PRETTINESS.
It’s also the reason that I MEGA ❤ these icy-cool, sweet and MAJORLY creamy little bars that boast 3 LAYERS of velvety-smooth, fruit-flavored AND colored RICH, LUSCIOUS cashew cream that is hugged by a chewy-but-crunchy layer of cashew & date crust NIRVANA.
BUTBUTBUT, you know what those other 2 bars lacked that THESE bars of pure and utter vibrant-happy-food-PERFECTION are packing?
And all the people who want yummy plant-based food, but also want big, strong muscles of the world REJOICED.[clickToTweet tweet=”Add some superfoods to #Easter dessert with these #Vegan Berry Cashew Cream Bars! @LoveMySilk” quote=”Add some superfoods to #Easter dessert with these #Vegan Berry Cashew Cream Bars! @LoveMySilk” theme=”style2″]
To make our cashew friends go from hard-n-crunchy to smooth-n-creamy, I used Silk’s Vanilla Protein Nutmilk. You guys. In ONE glass of this slurpable yumminess, you will find 10 GRAMS of pea protein, 50% less sugar than dairy milk, 50% MORE calcium than dairy milk ANDDDD no weird colors or general weird nasties.
But what there is? A MEGA dose of ridiculously smooth, creamy vanilla flavor and a milk so THICK that it’s even super-fab straight up in a CUP.
Orrrrrr swirled into a triple decker of fruity fresh, icy-cool bars that are going to make your taste buds go WHOA.
“Whoa” in the sense that you thought that Easter had to be full of colorful candy with SUPER questionable ingredients to be delicious and festive but – WHOA – natural fruit coloring and ZERO refined sugar SWOOPS in and steals the holiday SHOW.
It can be a REAL TRU LIFE THING that happens in your, well, REAL TRU LIFE.
Let’s just address the elephant in the room for a second, because I already know what your brain is focusing on.
You’re cool with the strawberry layer. You’re cool with the strawberry AND blueberry layer. And, your super cool with sweet, chewy dates mish-mashing with crispy-crunchy cashews to make the ultimate of easy, 2-ingredient crusts that your face has ever tasted.
BUT SPINACH IN CASHEW CREAM? You’re questioning my life choices.
You questioning people of interwebz, do you not remember the mint chocolate green smoothie recipe? If KALE can taste good in a smoothie, then spinach can DEFINITELY taste RLY RLY good in cashew cream.
Spoiler alert: you don’t taste any spinach. Like, AT ALL.
It’s just hanging out there being a super-stealthy, superfood health ninja and making your inner-glowing goddess come out as your taste buds tingly through each creamy layer of festive-food BLISS.
Questionably-colored jelly beans, you’ve been replaced.
A fresh-n-fruity triple threat of chewy, crunchy, SMOOTH texture goodness is coming to an Easter NEAR YOU.
Liiiike, inside your mouth.
Superfood Berry Cashew Cream No Bake Bars
For the crust:
- 2/3 Cup Raw cashews (93g)
- 1/2 Cup Roughly chopped dates, loosely packed (70g)
- 1/2 tsp Water
For the bars:
- 2 Cups Raw cashews, soaked in water overnight (270g)
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Silk Protein Nutmilk
- 6 Tbsp Agave
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Cups Strawberries, roughly chopped and divided (280g)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 3 Tbsp Blueberries (27g)
To make the crust:
- Line the bottom of and 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to use as a handle.
- Place the cashews (for the crust) into a large food processor and pulse until broken down and crumbly. Add in the dates and pulse until combined and the mixture begins to form a crumbly dough.
- Pour the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan, adding the water to help it stick together. Press FIRMLY into the pan. You need to press it very thin, so really use your muscle and work it in there. Place into the freezer while you make the cream.
To make the layers:
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them, along with the nutmilk, agave and a pinch of salt, into a large, high-powered blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer to a large liquid measuring cup. You should have about 2 1/2 cups of cream.
- Place just over 3/4 cup (or 1/3 of the total amount) of the cream into a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) along with 1 cup of the strawberries, reserving the rest for later* Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed.
- Pour the cream over the crust and spread out evenly. Place into the freezer just until the top feels set, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once set, add another just over 3/4 cup of the cream to the small food processor, along with the spinach**. Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed. Pour over the strawberry layer and spread out gently. Place into the freezer just until the top feels set, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Finally, pour all the remaining cashew cream (should be just over 3/4 cup) into the small food processor again, adding the remaining strawberries and the blueberries. Blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed. Pour over the spinach and spread out gently.
- Cover the pan with tinfoil and freeze until completely firm and set, about 4 hours to overnight.
- Slice into bars and DEVOUR! ***
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 7 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 4
(for 1 bar)