This quick and easy asparagus recipe is marinated in a maple Dijon vinaigrette to make a perfect, healthy side dish!
’cause you know, as fun as cooking is, sometimes it isn’t. On those days, I want simplicity.
Simple but also delicious.
Oh, and fresh. Simple, delicious AND fresh.
I know, I demand a lot from my food.
This easy asparagus recipe is all those things tied into a pretty package. Just kidding, there’s no actual pretty bow on them or anything.
Sorry to get your hopes up.
Not to mention the maple syrup gives it a hint of sweetness, while the red wine vinegar prevents it from being over the top and keep its balanced.
Plus, they’re green. Which means they are simple, delicious, fresh and healthy x 1000.
Dijon Maple Asparagus
- 2 Bunches of asparagus
- 2 1/2 tsps . Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp . Maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp . Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp . Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp . Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 Tbsp . Olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Break the spears off the top of the asparagus and place into the water once it has boiled.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until the asparagus has turned bright green,
- Quickly transfer the asparagus into a large bowl of ice water, to halt cooking.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- While the asparagus cools, mix together the red wine vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Once mixed, slowly mix in the olive oil.
- Dump the ice water out of the bowl of asparagus and add in the Dijon dressing, tossing until well combined.
Want more veggies?