Why you will LOVE This Pecan Crusted Chicken
In the fall and winter, I LOVE baking delicious breads, loaves and treats and if I can throw in a handful of pecans, I do! I love baking goodies like Sugar Free Low Carb Keto Pecan Pie and chewy butter pecan cookies, so naturally I HAD to develop a savory recipe that includes pecans as well! Say a big hello to todayâ€™s pecan crusted chicken recipe. This chicken is SO flavorful, PACKED with protein, and brings some fun and flair to an otherwise plain chicken breast. You and your family are going to love this delicious recipe and youâ€™ll DEFINITELY be on board with how easy it is to make.
Are Pecans good for you?
Yes, absolutely! Pecans are most definitely good for you! First of all, pecans are a fantastic source of protein and healthy fats, both of which keep your body full and energized. They are also high in calcium, magnesium and potassium, and can help lower levels of bad cholesterol in our bodies. They are a tasty snack, can be enjoyed in desserts, and also add nutritional value to salads and main dishes like this pecan chicken recipe!
Cooking up some pecan crusted chicken breast for your crew tonight is easy and straightforward, but it will taste like a professional chef took over your kitchen! Letâ€™s go ahead and pull together everything needed to make this tasty dinner recipe:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Pecans (pistachios work great too like in my pistachio crusted chicken!)
- Ground Mustard
- Onion Powder
- Yellow Mustard
How to make Oven Baked Pecan Crusted Chicken
Turn on the oven so that it can preheat while you work. Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and set it aside.
Place the chicken on a cutting board and pound it with a meat masher until it is all the same thickness.
On a large rimmed plate, mix together the panko, pecans, ground mustard, onion powder, paprika and salt. In a large bowl, add the mayo, honey and mustard and whisk to thoroughly combine.
Coat each piece of chicken in the wet mixture, then coat it well with the pecan mixture, carefully pressing the pecans into the meat. Place each finished chicken breast on the cooling rack.
Spray the chicken with cooking oil and bake, flipping once, until it is cooked. Turn on the broiler and broil for a minute or two, until the chicken begins to brown.
Whisk together the remaining honey and mustard, drizzling it over the cooked chicken. Serve it up as desired and DEVOUR!
Now that your pecan crusted chicken is cooked to perfection, itâ€™s time to plate it up and add some sides to make it a meal! Some air fryer potato wedges would be a great addition to this plate, and you could even make some more honey and mustard dipping sauce to dunk them into! Finish things off with a shredded cabbage salad and enjoy!
more tasty chicken recipes
- 4 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Yellow mustard
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees F and place a cooling rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the chicken onto a cutting board and use a rolling pin or meat masher to pound to about 3/4 inch thick. Sprinkle generously with salt.
- In a large, rimmed plate, mix together the panko, pecans, ground mustard, onion powder, paprika and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayo, honey and mustard.
- Use one hand to coat the chicken in the mayo mixture, shaking off any excess (it should be well coated but not dripping) and then use the other hand to place the chicken in the pecan mixture. Coat each side and really press the pecan mixture in. Place onto the cooling rack and repeat for all the chicken.
- Spray the chicken with cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes. Flip and bake another 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven to high broil and broil until browned, about 1-3 minutes. Watch closely as it will burn quickly!
- Whisk together the remaining honey and mustard.
- Drizzle the honey mustard mixture over the cooked chicken and DEVOUR immediately!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!