This spiralized zucchini casserole is packed with protein and is a low carb and gluten free breakfast or dinner that is under 150 calories! Spinach and artichokes keep it light and healthy!
Protein in the form of crazy-delicious, crazy-EASY casserole, HOLLAH!
Peeps. There’s a HYOOGE skillet full of tender zucchini noodles, creamy Greek yogurt and nutrition-packed eggs all tied up with a tangy artichoke and smoky, roasty-red-pepper bow. Aaaand Parmesan cheese.
“Cheese me baby” <— answer to all life questions. Try it sometime.
Of course, if you’re vegan, you won’t be trying it. Instead, you should try this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo from Flippin’ Delicious
I’m trying to decide if I should discuss this zucchini casserole from your sleepy-head-hungry-give-me-food-now self’s perspective, or from your super-hard-working-long-day-at-the-office-hungry-give-me-food-now self’s perspective. So, I’m going to do the logical thing and hit BOTH ANGLES.
Straight up. It could be breakfast. It could be dinner. It’s basically just a big, cheesy, delicious, zucchini-noodle laden skillet of “CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE.”
Adventurous food <<< Boring food.
Zucchini casseroles are no stranger to this neck of the internet woods. We’ve had zucchini noodle broccoli cheese casserole and zucchini noodles BBQ chicken casserole (personal favorite. You must try) but those things don’t just make your taste buds X-PLODE with fresh, spring-like food feelings ya feel me? Which is obvi not okay considering it is April and I know that you are jamming to the tune of light-fresh-healthy food NUMS.
It’s not time for turkey chili or super-rich coconut curry with sweet potato noodles.
Friends, not to alarm you or anything, buuuut BIKINI SEASON IS LOOMING.
I know. Now you think I’m a total, negative dark-cloud person and you’re about to click “x” on your screen forever and ever because of that horrible, uncalled-for reminder.
Keepin’ it real.
For serious though, you’re gonna forgive me in about 2 seconds because we’re gonna lay down a few happy ground things about this casserole. Side note: “things” because they are notsomuch “rules” as they are “things you need to know about casserole-food-heaven.” You understand.
- It’s made up of a mishy-mash of Greek yogurt, eggs, egg whites and veggies. IE: a meal BURSTING with fill-you-up protein yums that combines with somuch veggies in a way that can only be describes as BIKINI GOAL FOOD. You like this. I know it.
- In the presence of all the above healthiness going on I think that both you and I can EASILY agree that anything bad you wish to say about cheese, is totally CANCELLED OUT right?
Cheese me baby.
Told you. It’s the answer.
I could just leave you with a pan stuffed to the brim with superfood, veggie and protein-y cheesy tastiness, but it’s Sunday. Which is not usually a day that I throw new food at you. OBVI something is up, and there is something BIGGER GOING ON HERE…
DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHH!
A BLENDTEC GIVEAWAY.
All them deets are below.
P.s I can’t confirm or deny that I am going to devour your slice of zucchini casserole while you are too busy entering fun-happy-giveaways.
WATCH YO’ BACK.
- 4 cups Medium zucchinis spiralized using the 6mm blade (should be about 7 tightly packed of noodles one spiralized)
- 1/4 tsp salt + additional for the zucchini noodles
- 3/4 Cup Liquid egg whites about 6 egg whites
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Roughly chopped fresh basil very tightly packed + additional for garnish
- 1/2 Cup Sliced roasted red peppers tightly packed (111g) (patted dry with a paper towel)
- 1/2 Cup Plain-Non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Red onion roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Garlic minced
- Generous pinch of pepper
- 3 Cups Roughly chopped fresh spinach firmly packed
- 1 14 oz Can Quartered artichokes packed in water drained and roughly chopped (patted dry with a paper towel)
- 1 1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese grated and divided (97g)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and generously spray a 10 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the zucchini noodles into a large colander set over a large bowl and sprinkle with salt, tossing around to get the salt on all the noodles. Let the zucchini noodles stand for 20 minutes, tossing occasionally, so they release some of their water.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 tsp salt, liquid egg whites, large eggs, roughly chopped basil, sliced red peppers, Greek yogurt, red onion, garlic and pepper into your Blendtec and blend until smooth and liquid. Pour into a very large bowl.
- Squeeze out as much of the moisture from the zucchini noodles as you can, and lay them flat on a paper towel. Using another paper towel, press out as much of the water as you can and then transfer the zucchini noodles into the bowl with the red pepper sauce mixture.
- Add in the chopped spinach, patted and chopped artichokes and 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss until well mixed and the cheese and veggies are evenly dispersed. At this point, I like to use a large, sharp knife and cut up the zucchini noodles in the bowl, as it makes cutting the cooked casserole a lot easier!
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and press down until flat and even. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup of Parmesan.
- Bake until the casserole feels set, about 45-50 minutes. Then, turn your oven to HIGH broil and broil until the top if golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Let sit for 30 minutes to cool, and so that any excess moisture that may be sitting at the bottom of the pan can be re-absorbed. *
- Garnish with more basil, if desired, and DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 3 POINTS+: 3. OLD POINTS: 2
Giveaway runs from Sunday April 10th 6:00 am MST to Saturday April 16th 11:59 PM MST. Available to US and Canada resident only. Simply enter by using the widget below:
Be sure to check out each of these fantastic recipes that you can make in your blender from the following bloggers!
Maple Pecan Butter / Tried and Tasty
Roasted Veggie Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms with Blender Tomato Basil Cheese Sauce / Eazy Peazy Mealz
Southwest Zucchini Noodle Mason Jar Salad w/Avocado Dressing / Yummy Healthy Easy
Cauliflower Hummus / Dessert Now Dinner Later
Roasted Red Pepper Zoodle Casserole / Food Faith Fitness
2 Ingredient Strawberry Mint Sorbet / Rachel Cooks
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup (Dairy-free!) / La Fuji Mama
Cauliflower Alfredo Zoodles with Asparagus & Tomatoes / Life Made Sweeter
Vegan Spaghetti Squash Alfredo / Happy Food Healthy Life
Want more healthy casseroles?
Quinoa Casserole with Cauliflower Alfredo
Rainbow Cauliflower Casserole with Thai Peanut Chicken
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment