Just wanted you to give your taste buds a little heads up that these super simple, super yummy protein bars are sponsored by my friends over at Better Body Foods!
These easy homemade protein bars are made in your slow cooker, packed with superfoods and are gluten free and vegan friendly! Perfect for busy mornings or a healthy snack!
Mind blown. Totally freaking out right now.
SRSLY GUYS. These dense-yet-chewy, crunchy-yet-soft with the most perfect combination of sweet blueberries, salty cashew butter AND RICH chocolate-y cacoa, bars are EVERYTHING.
Everything in the sense that they are SOSO yummy, are packed with superfoods & PROTEIN, are friendly for my vegan peeps (HEYO!) AND you have to do negative amounts of work to create them.
The slow cooker does it all for you.
Super favorite. Winning at life right now.
These homemade protein bars are sort of a mish-mash of F-O-U-R different recipes that basically broke the internet because you guys decided that you enjoyed them A LOT: the slow cooker quinoa energy bars, crock pot paleo cookies with chocolate chips, oatmeal breakfast bars and the superfood quinoa salad – which was my first introduction to cacao nibs.[Tweet “These #Vegan Superfood Protein Bars are made in the #slowcooker! @Betterbodyfoods”]
And now I can’t resist just adding a little sprinkle into everything that is FOOD. It’s all about that little chocolate-y crunchy X-PLOSION of superfood, healthy deliciousness ya KNOW?
On the topic of healthy deliciousness, that is what defines these snack or breakfast bars. Like you may have inferred from the title/recipe instructions, you do NOT even have to turn on your oven to achieve your morning-person healthy breakfast goals OR your healthy afternoon-person snack goals.
Slow cooker = magical cooking device.
Another title-suggestion is that, besides being ridiculously packed with the good-for-u food of the super variety, these SUPER-simple, texture-bomb bars, that are defining my life right now, A-L-S-O have a little protein boost from Better Body Foods New Organic Livfit Plant Protein Powder.
I introduced you to this plant protein powder’s cousin, the Livfit Superfood Blend, in the healthy blueberry muffin breakfast cookies, and now you’re getting the whole protein-packed SHEBANG. And, you’re going to realllllly like it. Like, a lot.
Vegan-friendly protein + wholesome carbs + healthy fats + chocolate-y cacao crunch = happy you eating balanced, nutritious and DELICIOUS food.
Also equals totally satisfied-you. No more of those times when you have to give in, mid-morning to that hungry snacking mouth.
Unless you’re snacking on more protein bars. That is VRY, VRY allowed.
Like we discussed in last week’s protein cookies, cashew butter goes well with just about EVERYTHING (especially a spoon and your face) which means you COULD even switch up the blueberries/cacao/chopped cashew dealio that is happening in this recipe.
You know, if you are totally weird person who does not enjoy the delicious thing that happens in your mouth when chewy blueberries combine with dark chocolate and salty cashews.
I will only judge you silently. JOKES.
But, SRSLY. You could do it. The possibilities are endless. Of course, you mustmustmust keep the other ingredients the same with the same ratio of mix-ins, but think of the other delicious flavor combos that your brain could dream up! *happy dance*
Orrrr you could take my pinky-promise that the blueberry+cacao+cashew flavor profile is everything that will make your mouth experience happiness and health, as 100% TRUF.
Whatever life choices you DO make today, just make sure these are ONE OF THEM
Vegan Slow Cooker Superfood Homemade Protein Bars
- 2 Tbsp Flax meal
- 5 Tbsp Warm water
- 1/2 Cup Cashew butter
- 1 Tbsp Better Body Foods Agave
- 2/3 Cup Very ripe banana mashed (one very large banana) (167g)
- 1/4 Cup Better Body Foods Coconut sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp Better Body Foods Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Rolled old fashioned oatmeal (gluten free if needed)
- 2/3 Cup Oat Flour 73g, gluten free if needed, Click to see a video on how to make your own oat flour
- 1/3 Cup Better Body Foods Organic LivFit Plant Protein Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Dried blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Raw Cacao Nibs
- 1/4 Cup Toasted cashews finely chopped (40g) *
- Mix together the flax meal and warm water. Place into the refrigerator for 20 minutes before you begin making the bars.
- Rub a 7 quart slow cooker with coconut oil, or cooking spray and line the inside with parchment paper, leaving enough overhang so you can use it as a handle to get the bars out of the slow cooker. The cooking spray with help anchor the parchment paper in. I found it's easiest to trace your slow cooker on a large piece of parchment paper, and then cut a few inches bigger around so that you have enough to leave that overhang.
- In a large, microwave-safe mixing bowl, microwave the cashew butter and agave until the cashew butter is smooth, about 1 - 1.5 minutes. Beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth and combined.
- Add in the mashed banana, coconut sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract and the chilled flax eggs. Beat again until well combined and runny.
- Add the oatmeal, oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl and mix until very well combined. Add in the dried blueberries, cacao nibs and chopped cashews and mix until evenly dispersed. Your batter will be pretty thick!
- Spoon the batter into the prepared slow cooker and spread out evenly.
- Cook on low until the sides are brown, the top is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 2-3 hours. **
- Gently lift up the edges of the parchment paper and transfer the whole round to a cooling rack to cool COMPLETELY before slicing into bars. ***
**You don't want to over-bake these or they will be dry, so keep an eye on them when you think they could be done. Mine were perfect at 2 hours. If your slow cooker is smaller, and your bars are thicker, it may take a little longer!
***When you lift your bars out of the oven they might get a few shallow cracks in a few areas. just lightly press them together when you place them onto a cooling rack, while they're still warm
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT BETTER BODY FOODS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 5 Points+: 5. Old Points: 3
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more vegan breakfasts?