These Asian Crockpot Lettuce Wraps couldn’t be easier! The slow cooker does all the work for you and they’re veggie packed, low carb and whole30!
PIN Asian Crockpot Lettuce Wraps
I mean, C’MON, the classic recipe almost doesn’t even require you to dirty a plate on account of a crispy piece of lettuce doing ALL the heavy liftin’ for ya.
This Asian chicken lettuce wraps recipe is EXACTLY like that, except taking it up an E-Z-P-E notch in the sense that the slow cooker does (ALMOST) all of the healthy-weeknight-dinner-making-work FOR YA. You guys have been wanting easy healthy low carb recipes and this is IT.
You could straight up scoop the filling F-R-O-M the slow cooker, straight into a fresh piece of crispy lettuce and STRAIGHT into your hungry mouth and no one would even question your lack of plate-usage.
It’s pretty hard to ask a question when your mouth is stuffed FULL of tender, juicy chicken with pops of spicy sriracha and this peanut butter (or almond!) creaminess that just won’t QUIT you know?
Asian Crockpot Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
Asian cuisine has got to be one of my FAVORITES! The rich flavors, colorful veggies, and variety of types of food gives me ALL the heart eyes! And when I can toss it all in my crockpot and it turns into some delicious? That’s the cherry on top! To make these incredible asian chicken lettuce wraps, you will need:
- Ground Chicken
- Cauliflower, cut into florets
- Diced Green Onion
- Diced Bell Pepper
- Diced Water Chestnuts
- Coconut Aminos
- Natural Creamy Peanut Butter/Almond Butter
- Minced Fresh Ginger
- Rice Vinegar
- Sea Salt
How to Make Asian Crockpot Lettuce Wraps
You’re going to love how easy it is to make these come together! These slow cooker lettuce wraps are delicious, nourishing for your body, and seriously so colorful and beautiful! The best part is that the slow cooker does all the work so that you don’t have to! Now that we’ve rounded up the ingredients that we will need, I’ll show you how to make them!
Sautee the chicken in a large pan on medium high heat in some oil until no longer pink, breaking it up into small bits as it cooks. When it’s done, add it to the bottom of a 7 quart slow cooker.
Place the cauliflower in a food processer and process until broken down and looks like rice. Add the riced cauliflower and all ingredients up to and including the water chestnuts into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Put the rest of the ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 10-20 seconds or until smooth. Whisk the sauce until smooth and pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, which should take 1.5-2 hours.
Serve in lettuce and garnish with peanuts, cilantro and green onion. DEVOUR!
What is the best lettuce for lettuce wraps?
I like to use either butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce to make these slow cooker Asian chicken lettuce wraps. Butter lettuce is MUCH easier to fill and fold, but Iceberg adds a nice pop of crisp-ness. Both are fantastic options and you can’t go wrong either way! You could ALSO use cabbage, like I did in the Chicken Larb Gai Lettuce Wraps, if you want something a little more hearty!
What Goes with Asian Lettuce Wraps?
These truly could be eaten on their own as a meal, which is how Mr. FFF and I ate them the few times that I tested them. However, if you need a few side dish options to feed a hungry little army of humans, here are a few suggestions:
How Do You Store Lettuce Wraps?
Lettuce wraps can easily be made in advance to enjoy later on, and if you have leftovers it’s also easy to store them to bring to the office for lunch the next day. Simply Store the filling in an airtight container in the fridge, and store the lettuce in a separate container. Heat up the filling when ready to eat and serve in the lettuce cups.
Other Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Lb Ground chicken (not extra lean)
- 4 Cups Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 Cup Green onion, diced
- 1 Large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 Cup Water chestnuts diced
- 4 Tbsp Coconut aminos (or Soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp Natural creamy peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 4 tsp Sriracha
- 4 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp Rice vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
- Iceberg lettuce
- Diced cilantro
- Sliced Green onions
- Diced peanuts (or almonds)
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, sautee the chicken until no longer pink inside, breaking it up as it cooks. Once cooked, add into the bottom of a 7 quart slow cooker.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and process until broken down and "rice like." Add the cauliflower rice, along with all the other ingredients up to the water chestnuts (including them) into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Place all the other ingredients in a medium, microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10-20 seconds, until the peanut butter is smooth. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce over the ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low until the vegetables are tender, about 1.5-2 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
- Serve in lettuce and garnish with peanuts, cilantro and green onion!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 7. Points+:9. Old Points: 7
(per 1/4 of the recipe)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!