This honey lime Coconut Milk Quinoa Fruit Salad is loaded with fresh, juicy fruit and a sweet and tangy dressing! The perfect healthy, gluten free and vegan side dish or brunch item!
PIN Coconut Milk Quinoa Fruit Salad
(Photos updated 5/8/18. Narration not changed.)
How are you? What’s new? What’s exciting? Did you go sky diving yesterday?
I know, who goes skydiving on a Wednesday? That is clearly a Friday deal.
Now that we are on the topic of sky diving, let’s talk about bucket lists. Do you guys have them or do you think they are stupid?
The hubs and I actually just started one a few weeks back.
We have some totally crazy things on there that will never ever happen, like travelling the world in ONE DAY (might be a bit ambitious?) and seeing who can eat 100 paleo lemon bars first.
How-ev-er, we also have some do-able ones, like seeing Europe at some time in our lives!
And when I say “see” I mean taste ALL THE FOOD. European food…GAH. I die. Once that happens I am pretty sure that I will consider my life compl-EAT.
We also may or may not have (we did) added things that we have already done, just we could cross them out and feel totally accomplished.
Is that cheating? Please say no and that you do the same thing.
One of those I-already-did-it-but-I’ll-add-it-so-I-can-cross-it-off things was to make this recipe for quinoa fruit salad.
I just realized that this post (like usual) was going off on a tangent and I needed a segue. You understand how these things happen to me by now.
Seriously though, now that I think about it, I COULD add this honey lime fruit salad to the pre-crossed off bucket list because it’s insane amounts of YUM! It’s also insane amount of EASY PEASY. But, there’s no peas. Just fruit.
Don’t be confused.
Another WONDERFUL thing about quinoa salads with fruit is that you can eat them any time of the day. I had it for breakfast and for dinner, and it was equally delish both times. It’s full of bright, sweet and JUICY fruit – which is perfect to get you in the SUMMER mood – and packs some healthy carbs to fill ya up ‘till your next meal.
Then there is that honey lime vinaigrette that is just the perfect amount of sweet and tangy with ribbons of coconut oil to bring it alllll together as bursts of minty-fresh goodness X-PLODE alongside the pineapple fruit salad action, all up in yer mouth.
It’s a quinoa fruit salad recipe for the SENSES my internet friends and you will LUV IT.
Is quinoa fruit salad healthy?
Yes and YES! All fruit is “healthy” but adding a little bit of quinoa to the action really boosts both the fiber and protein content of a traditional “fruit only” fruit salad. If you’re anything like me, after you eat a bowl of “only fruit” you’re hungry, liiiike, 5 minutes later.
Invite some quinoa into the fruit part-AY and you’ve got a FILLING meal, packed with plant-protein, fiber and All-around nutrition!
What can I serve with this coconut milk quinoa fruit salad?
Eat it for breakfast, or eat it for lunch, OR eat it for dinner.
Better yet. How about all 3?
Coconut Milk Quinoa Fruit Salad
- 1 Cup Light coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked quinoa
- 1 Cup Strawberries, thinly sliced and halved
- 1 Cup Nectarine, thinly sliced (about 1 nectarine)
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3 Tbsp Fresh mint, minced
- Pinch of salt
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Honey (or agave for vegan)
- 4 Tsp Virgin coconut oil, melted
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a large pot. Once boiling, stir in the quinoa and boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Cover, turn the heat to low and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Stir the strawberries, nectarine, pineapple, mint and a pinch of salt into the quinoa until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and honey. While constantly whisking, stream in the coconut oil and whisk vigorously until combined and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and stir until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to let the flavors come together.*
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
(per 1/4 of the salad)
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOKAND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!