These vegan pumpkin oatmeal breakfast bars bring the spicy-sweet flavors of fall to your morning! Make them in the slow cooker for a healthy, gluten free, and portable breakfast that’s only 110 calories and 4 SmartPoints!
Ya Ya Ya.
We’re pumpkin spice’n again.
And, yes, that IS a verb now. It is September don’t you know.
Just like last week’s Pumpkin Spice Paleo Magic Cookie Bars, you just HAD to know that it was only a matter of minutes until we did a little PSOBB. Which is me trying to be trendy and copy the “PSL” but abbreviating “Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Breakfast Bar.” I know it doesn’t have the same ring/hip and modern quality to it, but just pretend.
It’s about -5% a secret ‘round here that I love rolling my sleepy-self out of bed, and RUNNING to the kitchen to shovel some kind of delicious AND equally NUTRITIOUS bar into my starving-haven’t-had-food-in-6-hours-self (I don’t sleep much.) I can basically see your head nodding in both approval (yes, Taylor is a normal person who wakes up hangry, and not some mysterious internet-dweller who might NOT even be a real person) and also in agreement. You are equally hungry and food-want-y in the early hours when your eyes are STRUGGLING to even open.
We’ve eaten chocolate peanut butter oatmeal breakfast bars, cacao peanut oatmeal breakfast bars (I like chocolate and peanut butter. Deal) and even a vegan breakfast bar recipe with banana and raspberries.
Bars in the breakfast hour? ME LIKEY. <3 <3 <3. I also diggin’ the sound of these Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars from Beaming Baker!
P.s another breakfast bar go to? Cookie Dough Oatmeal Breakfast Bars!
Which is why it was only a matter of time for the PS to come at your easy-healthy-breakfast-craving mouth.
Besides taking a few notes from the above-mentioned healthy soft oatmeal breakfast bars recipes, these dense, soft and PERFECTLY spicy-sweet and crunchy (hi pecans!) bars made of wholesome flecks of chewy oatmeal, they are also secretly copying the slow cooker superfood homemade protein bar recipe AND the slow cooker quinoa energy bar recipe. Copying like “they’re made IN THE SLOW COOKER.”
You can’t do pumpkin season right without at LEAST 1 slow cooker recipe.
And you can’t do breakfast right if you have to spend 92403 years actually MAKING it. Who has time for that in the mornings? You could be using those few extra minutes of before-work-you-freedom to have an EXTRA 6 cups of coffee.
Good life plans. We’re making them.
Which is why I am SRSLY voting for slow cooker breakfasts for ALL the morning meals of your life. It pretty much does everything for you. You just need to grab, munch and GO.
You could even pull a little reverse action and grab, go and THEN munch. Helllllo newest-favorite-fall-flavored portable breakfast of love and FILLING food yumminess.
Straight up. These are FILLING. Liiiike, have one for breakfast and ALMOST skip lunch because your tummy is still hanging onto the happy-whole-food-nourishing vibes that you filled it with earlier in the day.
But, you eat lunch anyways. BECAUSE FOODDDDDDD.
I will never be one of those people that forgets to eat. I don’t understand how that can even be a thing.
Even if you are one of those people, I will still love and accept you.
Mostly because that means you might forget to eat your share of dense-and-delicious cinnamon-spiced addictingly-chewy pumpkin oatmeal breakfast bars.
Which means I can stuff them in my mouth when you’re not looking.
Pumpkin spice STEALTH MODE.
It’s a real thing.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars In the Slow Cooker
- 1 3/4 Cup Canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 Cup Coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Cup Rolled old fashioned oats (98g)
- 1 Cup Oat flour 103g, To see how to make your own in 1 minute click HERE
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cups Pecans toasted and roughly chopped, divided*
- Trace the bottom of a 7 quart slow cooker on a large piece of parchment paper (a slow-cooker liner works well too!) and cut, making it a little bit bigger than the trace. Spray the bottom the slow cooker with cooking spray and press the parchment into the bottom, letting some overhang to use as handles. **
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, coconut sugar, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar.
- Add in the oats, oat flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and 1/4 cup of the pecans (reserving the rest for later.) Stir until well mixed and a thick dough forms
- Spoon the batter into the prepared slow cooker and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
- Cover and cook until the top feels set, being careful not to over-bake. This takes about 1.2-2 hours on low. Turn off the slow cooker and let the bars cool inside for 1 hour.
- Then, GENTLY lift the bars out of the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool COMPLETELY.
- Slice into bars and DEVOUR!
- *You can toast your nuts in a dry pan over medium heat until they smell "nutty" or on a small pan in a 350 degree oven.
- **If you want to bake these in the oven, spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray and spread the batter into it evenly. Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan before slicing.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 3. OLD POINTS: 2
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more easy oatmeal breakfasts?
Breakfast bars from around the web:
Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Snack Bars – Hummusapien
No Bake Double Chocolate Chip Granola Bars – Beaming Baker
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!