These No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars are super easy and have a chocolate Rice Krispie crust. You’d never know that they are gluten free and dairy free too!
PIN No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
(Photos and recipe updated April/18, Originally posted March/2014. Narration not changed.)
You guys. Today is the best day ever.
Mostly because there is chocolate AND peanut butter involved. AND cream “cheese” ANDDDDDD easy, no-bake goodness.
Oh, and rice krispies. You know, like the breakfast cereal? Which I am pretty sure makes this peanut butter cheesecake bars recipe, totally appropriate for BREAKFAST. You guys know how I did dessert for breakfast, like cookie dough overnight oats and snickerdoodle vegan overnights oats.
So, ya. I don’t know about you, but my life suddenly just felt a lot more compete.
Now, let’s talk about these peanut butter cream cheese bars.
They’re amazing. That is all you need to know. The end.
Well I’m not kidding that they are amazing. But, if you’ve been around here long enough, you know that I have more to say than that. I can’t let you guys go with only a few paragraphs. YOU KNOW THIS.
I mean, it might not have anything to do with food most of the time, but there is always words in my brain. Or, in my fingertips? Whatever. They’re there somewhere.
I’m going to be honest with you. I had no intention of making these no bake peanut butter cheesecake bars…buttttt plan 1? It was a plan that shouldn’t have been a plan. You know what I mean.
So I crawled up into my pantry (literally….it’s the top cupboard and I’m 5’2, so I have to turn into a Taylorific-cupboard-climbing-monkey-pants ((what??)) every time that I have to get something) and rummaged around to see what I could turn into chocolate peanut butter heaven.
Don’t worry, I knew I had chocolate and peanut butter. This girl doesn’t run out of that stuff. Ever.
Except that’s a lie.
If you follow me on instagram, you saw that I, indeed, ran out of peanut butter the other day. But, I don’t wanna talk about it. It was a bad day in my life that I don’t want to think about ever again.
Upon finding Mr. FFFs “secret” stash of puffed rice cereal, I had a plan. A plan that may get me in trouble, but It was a plan. Why he tries to hide it though, I’ll never know. I just don’t understand his cereal obsession all around.
You guys, these peanut butter cheesecake bars are stupid easy AND you don’t even have to bake ‘em.
These no bake peanut butter cheesecake bars are mega chocolate and peanut buttery and have that CRUNCHY CRUNCHY YUM factor that everyone always talks about.
And by, everyone, I mean no one…because no one says crunchy crunchy yum factor. I’m still going with it.
Oh, and did I mention that they’re dairy and gluten-free cheesecake bars?! (You could totally use the gluten and dairy-rific counter parts of the ingredients though, if that’s more your style.)
I don’t care whatever style you chose.
Just as long as your very near future involves a plate full of THESE healthy no bake cheesecake bars.
For the crust:
- 1 Cup Dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 Cup Peanut butter
- 3 Tbsps Honey (or agave for vegan)
- 3 Cups Gluten Free crispy rice cereal, Or regular/brown rice if you aren't concerned about GF
For the cheesecake:
- 8 oz Dairy-free cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup Monkfruit, (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- 1 Container Dairy-free whipped topping, thawed (9oz) (or truwhip)
- 1/4 Cup Peanut butter
- Melted chocolate or chocolate syrup, for drizzling (optional)
- Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and milk. Melt on half power in the microwave using 20 second intervals, string between each interval, until the chocolate is melted. It might seize up a little, which is normal.
- Stir in the peanut butter and honey until the peanut butter is melted and mixed in.
- Stir in the rice cereal until well coated.
- Pat the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan, really making sure to pack it in tightly, especially in the corners. I find that it helps to use dampened hands to prevent the crust from sticking to your fingers. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and peanut butter, using an electric hand mixer, until fluffy and well combined.
- Beat in the monkfruit until well incorporated.
- Fold in the whipped topping until well mixed in and then pour the cheesecake mixture over top of the crust, spreading out evenly.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave and then drizzle over the cheesecake layer and swirl with a toothpick or a chopstick. Or, drizzle it in lines and then run a sharp knife through to make the design like I did in the photos!
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Let the bars thaw for 5 minutes before lifting out of the pan and slicing with a very sharp knife.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate or chocolate syrup if desired (do it.)
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 4
(per 1 bar, based of the recipe making 28 bars.)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment