This Paleo Pumpkin Pie has so much creamy, spicy-sweet, pumpkin flavor! A healthy version of a classic; your new go-to holiday pie recipe!
Why this is the BEST Healthy Paleo Pumpkin Pie Recipe
When Fall rolls around, I am SO PREPARED with all my pumpkin recipes–Vegan Pumpkin Cookies, pumpkin seed butter and even pumpkin pizza are just a handful of recipes that I have on standby, ready to make and devour! But what’s more classic than a creamy and satisfying slice of pumpkin pie? Today’s paleo diet pumpkin pie recipe has the perfect blend of cozy fall spices, the most velvety texture, and some healthier ingredients than your typical pie recipe would. You and the crew are going to gobble it up so fast, you’ll be wishing you made 5!
And, if you’re looking for a sugar free version, you can also check out my low carb sugar free pumpkin pie!
Typical pie recipes this time of year call for a whole lot of sugar and often include a lot of dairy, too. This gluten free paleo pumpkin pie is both grain and dairy free, making it the perfect option for those who have food sensitivities in your family, or who simply like to stick to the paleo diet. Here’s what you will need to pull together before you get started on this recipe:
- Canned Pumpkin Puree
- Coconut Sugar
- Full Fat Canned Coconut Milk
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Nutmeg
- Ground Cloves
- Low Carb Pie Crust, cooled
How to make Paleo Pumpkin Pie
Turn on the oven and let it preheat while you work. Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl until smooth, then pour into the cooled pie crust.
Tent the pie lightly with some tinfoil to prevent the crust from browning even furthur. Place the pie in the oven and bake until the center has a bit of jiggle. Remove from the oven.
Let the pie cool for a couple of hours on the counter, then in the fridge at least one hour, up to overnight. Slice when it’s ready to eat, and enjoy!
Top Tips for making Paleo Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Tent the Foil: While you could bake this pie without tinfoil on top technically, it wouldn’t turn out as well because the crust would get even more brown and crispy than is necessary. By lightly tenting the pie with foil, the crust will stay perfectly golden brown and the filling will cook evenly.
- Cool and Chill: Although it will be tempting to slice and enjoy your pie right away, the texture will be BEST after it has cooled COMPLETELY on the countertop, then for at least one hour in the fridge! Overnight is BEST for chilling, so that everything sets up really well.
How to store Paleo Pumpkin Pie
Now that you’ve finished baking your tasty Thanksgiving pie or pies, it’s time to store them so that you won’t lose any flavor or texture! To refrigerate, I recommend wrapping your pies tightly in plastic wrap. They will last about 3-5 days in the fridge this way. To freeze, also wrap them tightly in plastic wrap with a layer of foil overtop and label with the date. Your pies should last up to 3 months in the freezer.
more paleo treats you’ll love
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a large bowl and pour into the prepared, cooled pie crust.
- Lightly tent the pie with tinfoil so the crust doesn't further brown and place into the oven. Bake until the center just has a little jiggle, and a knife inserted an inch from the crust comes out mostly clean, about 1 hr-1hr 20 minutes. The center will puff up, that's normal.
- Let the pie cool on the counter COMPLETELY for 2 hours, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. *
- Serve with coconut whipped cream (if desired) and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
Top Tips for making Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Make sure not to skip the sautee part at the end, as this allows it to thicken up a lot!
- Use Granny Smith apples instead of another variety. They are the best for baking and their tart flavor pairs well with the sweetness of the sugar, keeping all the elements balanced!
- Blend it up afterwards if you desire to make it super creamy (who doesn’t!)
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!