The classic Puppy Chow recipe gets a healthy, high protein makeover that is also gluten free and naturally sweetened. It’s quick, easy, and great for kids!
Things that confuse me in life:
- Why do the people on road signs (like “school zone” or whatever) NEVER have necks? WHY DO THEIR HEADS FLOAT?
- Why do deep dish paleo chocolate chip cookies have to be unhealthy and roasted broccoli has to be healthy? Eating buttery, sweet goodness > Eating mini trees.
- Do dogs think in English or in “dog speak?” Do their thoughts sound like “bark bark, yip yip?”
Sidenote: I have had all of these conversations MULTIPLE times with the Huberoni.
I am starting to think I should check his search history for mental institutions.
AND FINALLY, also related to dogs:
- Why do they call it a PUPPY chow recipe when you’re not even supposed to give dogs chocolate because then they will DIE? <— :O (that’s a shocked face)
What animal hating person was in charge of naming foods THAT DAY? You know what I am SAYIN?
Probably not. I wouldn’t expect much else.
Sidenote, the sequel: I’m trying to ponder how I can make Mr. FFF go to IHOP for gluten free pancakes tonight for the 2nd time this week. Unrelated to this puppy chow recipe, yes, but I am just letting you now my thoughts. KEEPIN IT REALZ.
We all know, and L-O-L-O-L-O-L-O-V-E (name that obnoxious-get-stuck-in-your-head-for-all-the-days song!) puppy chow. You probably grew up stuffing it into your face because it takes about 30 seconds to make, and will totally shut you up, so your mom made it for every single day of your life.
Maybe that was just my mom though. I can’t confirm or deny that I talked A LOT as a kid.
And, let’s not ask Mr. FFF if that has changed kay? 🙂
Back to puppy chow.
Now that we have established that you have had it in all of its classic good-nosity, have you had it with PROTEIN?
That’s what I thought.
And did you know that protein completely X’s out the chocolate? That’s what Wikipedia told me.
It doesn’t lie.
I actually made this protein puppy chow recipe ALL THE EVERS ago, and just kept forgetting to post it. It was the inspiration for that Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Popcorn AND the Healthy GIngerwe ate awhile back.
But, my friend-a-licious-friends, I promise it was TOTALLY worth ZE WAIT.
I mean, you get a little crunch, crunch, crunch that you can munch, munch, munch and it will keep you full until lunch, lunch, lunch. (?)
It rhymes. Just go with it.
Or if you don’t want to be an easy going human who lets really terrible rhyme-age go, you could just make it and see for yourself.
P.s I will forever and ever spell rhyme wrong. Thanks spell check.
- In alarge, microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate, peanut butter, honey and coconut oil. To do this I use 50% power and microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until everything is smooth and melted.
- Stir the vanilla extract into the melted chocolate mixture, followed by the Chex cereal. Stir the cereal until each piece is well coated in chocolate.
- Place the protein powder into a large, zip-loc bag and then scoop the cereal into the bag. Seal the bag and shake around until the protein powder evenly coats the cereal.
- That's it! DEVOUR.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more protein-packed snack-age?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!