Big thank you to my friends at Pure Flix for sponsoring this homemade crock pot Chex mix! The perfect movie-night snack!
This gluten free Chex Mix is made in the slow cooker so it’s super easy! It’s smokey hickory and sweet honey mustard make it addicting!
CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE NOT HAD A RECIPE FOR CHEX MIX IN THE 4.5 YEARS FFF HAS BEEN AROUND?!
Sorry for the all caps but sometimes they are the ONLY THING that can convey the excitement/disappointment in oneself AT THE SAME TIME.
Excitement because, liiiike, homemade Chex mix. It’s SRSLY one of my favorite holiday, OR movie night, snackies. It’s salty and crispy and crunchy and this version? ALSO SMOKY AND SWEET.
More on that LATAH.
And disappointment because this homemade crock pot Chex mix is the FIRST one of its kind in just WAY, WAY, WAY TOO long.
Flavor details on this slow cooker Chex mix:
- Each salty bite of BLISS is coated in this THICK and CRUNACHYY, crave-worthy, spicy-smoky-sweet combination of honey mustard and hickory liquid smoke.
- Roasty-toasty peanut goodness brings its A GAME with another layer of salty and NUTTY deliciousness.
Salty-smoky-sweet snackin’ for your food-munchin’ FACE.
But, back it up just a little. Did you see that this is CROCKPOT Chex mix? Liiiiike, just when you thought I was getting wild and crazy with slow cooker quinoa energy bars, I bring you this.[clickToTweet tweet=”Step up your movie night snackin’ with #healthy Slow Cooker Hickory Honey Mustard Chex Mix @PureFlix” quote=”Step up your movie night snackin’ with #healthy Slow Cooker Hickory Honey Mustard Chex Mix @PureFlix” theme=”style2″]
How to make Chex Mix in the crock pot:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in the bottom of a large crock pot.
- Pour over the creamy deliciousness that is sticky-sweet honey, tangy mustard and hickory smoked YUMS.
- MIX MIX MIX
- Cook on LOW until ALL the water has evaporated, stirring every hour, so no sad homemade crock pot Chex mix burning situations happen in your real person life.
NOW, they are 2 key things to remember:
- You MUST put a kitchen towel under the lid, across the top of the slow cooker. This absorbs any condensation that would lead to – GASP – SOGGY CHEX MIX.
Which is basically equivalent to the worst thing you can think of EVER. Times TEN.
- Your Chex Mix may feel a little soft when the water evaporates. Do NOT be tempted to keep on cookin’!
It will FIRM UP when it’s nice and cooled. PINKY SWEAR.
You are now IN THE KNOW to making the greatest movie-night snack that your face has ever seen.<–Not an exaggeration.
So, liiike, you might need a good movie to watch, RIGHT? I got one for ya!
Lemme introduce you to Pure Flix!
Aka a family-friendly, Christian, movie-streaming service that has THOUSANDS of titles. <– Something for EVERYONE in the family guys!
Their line-up includes movies, animation, documentaries, educational and even devotional content! So, you’ve got a little somethin’ somethin’ for your fam ALL YEAR round.
Pure Flix also has a promotion going on that I think is SUPER great: they’re offering a FREE holiday movie during the holiday season! <– More details on that at the end of the post!
Told you I had a movie for your eyeballs to peep while your mouth munch-munch-munches!
Imagine with me, if you will, a night where you get to lounge around in your snowflake-covered, flannel pajamas, snuggle up to a good wholesome movie with the fam and eat your WEIGHT in crispy-crunchy-smoky-salty-sweet-snackin’ HEAVEN.
Word of advice: go make that a REALITY.
Homemade Crock Pot Chex Mix
- Combine the pretzels, Chex, cheerios and peanuts in the bottom of a large slow cooker (mine is 7 quarts) and mix well.
- Whisk all the remaining ingredients, except the dry mustard powder, in a small bowl until well combined. pour over the mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle on the dry mustard and stir until evenly coated.
- Place a thin kitchen towel over top of the slow cooker and then place the lid over it (the towel absorbs the condensation so your mix isn't soggy!) Cook for 5-6 hours on low heat, stirring every hour, or until all the liquid has evaporated from the bottom of the slow cooker. The mixture will feel a bit wet when it's done, but it crisps up once cool! (mine took the full 6 hours)
- Once cooked, spread into an even layer on 2 cookie sheet and let cool COMPLETELY to crisp up!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT PURE FLIX. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 6 POINTS+:4 . OLD POINTS: 3
Starting November 26th through Christmas Eve, and every Sunday Pure Flix will be offering a FREE holiday movie to add to your family time during the holiday season! To view these movies they will need to sign up HERE with your e-mail address – no need to sign up for the free month! There will be 5 free movies during the promotion:
- Christmas Angel (Pure Flix version) – Nov 26
- A Dog for Christmas – Dec 3
- Christmas for a Dollar – Dec 10
- Christmas on Salvation Street – Dec 17
- Silver Bells – Dec 24
PURE FLIX IS BEING FAB AND GIVING 1 OF YOU A 12 MONTH LONG SUBSCRIPTION! USE THE WIDGET BELOW TO ENTER!
This giveaway will run from 11/20/2017 until 11/27/2017. 1 winner will be chosen and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winner has 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place. Open to residents of the USA and Canada only