This fresh, CREAMY Healthy Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie is a DELICIOUS way to start the day! Paleo and vegan friendly and made with clean ingredients!
PIN Healthy Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
I MADE YOU A SMOOTHIE.
I am being picky and correcting you for a second: MR. FFF made you those smoothies, remember?
But IIIIIII made this one. Like all the ratios, blended it together, ALL THAT JAZZ.
You probably still think it’s not a big deal since you have awesome-smoothie-making-prowess and are probably drinking an ultra-fabulous, OH SO CREAMY green smoothie recipe that you concocted in your sleep RIGHT NOW.
This is not me. You know this. I told you I make them watery. ALWAYS.
Buuuut then Mr.FFF moved away during the weeks andddd left me to do my OWN SMOOTHIE MAKING. Not even lying when I say IT STRESSED ME RIGHT OUT.
This bright, zippy and SO FRESH watermelon smoothie recipe though? I am SO proud of it. Prouder than a paleo crepe cake. Prouder than when I made you paleo lemon bars. Prouder than ALL OTHER THINGS that I have done in my life.
Which might be a slight exaggeration. But really? It isn’t.
One would think that making smoothies with watermelon would be, well, REALLY WATERY. Considering I’ve told you about my watery-smoothie-making antics you’re probably wondering why I dipped my toes into the smoothie waters with something that had a HIGH potential to end SO badly.
I actually don’t have an answer for you. It just seemed like a good idea at the time.
Can you freeze watermelon?
YES. You can actually freeze watermelon SO easily, and it’s the secret to getting the perfect consistency when using it in this healthy strawberry watermelon smoothie!
Don’t go putting on your crazy pants and trying to freeze it whole though. Make sure you slice your watermelon, cut off the rind and then cut the pretty, pink, JUICY goodness into one-inch cubes! Then freeze and use to your hearts content!
How to make a smoothie with watermelon
Making a smoothie with watermelon is basically the same as any other smoothie, you just don’t need to use ice! Use the frozen watermelon cubes in place of ice. Since watermelon is almost all, UHHH, water (duh) you can easily swap it in for ice and it tastes a WHOLE lot sweeter and yummier!
Let’s talk about ALL the goodies going on this SRSLY flavor-punching easy breakfast of your dreams:
- Watermelon. We discussed this for 300 words already. You get it.
- Strawberries. Such a delicious and SOSO summer fruit combo with watermelon goodness to keep you slurp-slurp-slurpinnnnn.
- Turmeric. You’re probably like WHA? But, WOULD I LEAD YOU ASTRAY? The warm, spicy turmeric is SUPER subtle, but really rounds out the sweetness of the fruit and honey.
- Avocado! I PINKY PROMISE it does not make your smoothie taste funky. It adds some MEGA creamy-dreaminess to the general icy situation that we find the rest of the smoothie in. PLUS, you should eat turmeric with healthy fat for better absorption. So bring ON the creamy green stuff.
- Black pepper. Just a PINCH! Again, for better anti-inflammatory turmeric absorption goodness!
- MINT! Mint and watermelon is probably one of the most cooling, refreshing food combinations that you could ever put in your face. It’s not a STRONG mint flavor, we’ve got JUST enough to give a fresh tingliness on the tip of your tongue
- Vanilla almond milk. The underlying profile of vanilla with all the cool/spicy/sweet flavors is straight up heaven in a glass.
I know you think it’s a lot of ingredients for a smoothie and you’re kind mad at me about it. Just trust me, you’re going to like it.
And if you don’t?
Throw some vodka in it, lay outside on your kiddie pool and call it a cocktail.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- 2 Cups Frozen strawberries, halved (220g)
- 2 Cups Frozen watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes (214g)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 Cup Avocado (about 1/2 a large) 60g
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Fresh mint, packed
- 2 Tbsp Honey (or agave)
- 3/4 - 1 tsp Ground turmeric, to taste
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Put all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. *
- SLURP UP!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 6. Points+: 5. Old Points:3
(per 1 smoothie based on the recipe making 2)
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!