These Healthy Brownie Parfaits are made with chocolate raspberry mousse, fresh raspberries and coconut flakes. A quick and easy, gluten free dessert!
Hello my name is Brownie Coconut Raspberry Mousse Parfait…
And I am about 42 billion times harder to make in picture-worthy layers than I look. Seriously you guys. These made me almost cry. If you were around for Monday’s Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Sandwiches, you would realize that you are gonna have a lifetime supply of brownie bits left after all the cookie cut-age. So, I was all “I am totally going to make the easiest dessert ever and give them a way to use up those gluten free brownies pieces.” I mean, besides stuff in face, chew (maybe), repeat. Although, if you chose to consume your leftover healthy brownie pieces that way, I will allow it. I can’t confirm or deny that I may have also been hypnotized by their rich and chocolately goodness. (I was.)
Don’t get me wrong guys…this dessert is EASY. Like easy x 10. Maybe even easy x 20. My problem is that I am really messy with a capital M and I kept accidentally hitting the glass with my messy hands and spoon. It was ugly. If I was to draw a picture of myself it would look like this 🙁 And, if I had to have a sound effect for my day it would be this :Whomp Whomp Whomp. You think I’m weird. Anyway, 1.5 hours and all of the world’s supply of Q-tips later, here we are. Fudgey, Fresh and a Fiesta for yo’ taste buds. See what I did there? Alliteration. High school English for the win. Like the brownie sandwiches, you are going to want to use a good quality dark chocolate. I really can’t stress this fact enough as it gives that richness that butter usually adds. Again, I went with my baking staple, Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips. They have the perfect amount of bite without being too dark and bitter for my liking. Speaking of bitter, did I mention that glass is reflecty and really hard to take pictures of next to a window? WHY DOES NO ONE TELL ME THESE THINGS. Life is so hard. Wah wah wah. BUT, I am willing to bet my left sock that:
- You aren’t going to sit there and take 42 billion pictures of these.
- That you are a whole lot neater than I am.
- Even if you aren’t, you don’t care about a few little extra chocolate marks on your glass. They add character right? Yes.
You know what though. Once I dug my
fingers spoon into the rich layers of this parfait, everything was right in the world.
Except they still hadn’t gotten around to adding cheesecake to the food pyramid, with a required 10 servings a day, like I asked. Ok, so almost everything was right in the world.
Brownie Coconut Raspberry Mousse Parfaits
- For the mousse:
- 1/2 Cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 cup Large avocado about 1/2 mashed
- 1/2 Cup Fresh raspberries
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- For the layers:
- 1 1/3 Cups Fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 Cups Leftover brownie chunks
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened coconut flakes
- For rimming optional
- 1/2 Oz Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 3 Tbsp Sweetened coconut flakes
- To rim:
- Melt 1/2 Oz baking chips in your microwave for 20 second intervals, stiring between each interval, until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate on a small plate and pour 3 Tbsp sweetened coconut flakes on a separate small plate.
- Dip 2 large parfait glasses, rim side down, in the chocolate and then followed by the coconut. Let chill in the refrigerator until hardened and ready to assemble.
- To make the mousse:
- Melt the 1/2 Cup baking chips using the same method as the rimming.
- Pour the melted chocolate, avocado, 1/2 cup raspberries, sugar, vanilla extract and vanilla almond milk into a small food processor. Process until completely smooth and well combined.
- To layer:
- Take the chilled glasses out of the fridge and spoon 1/4 of the mousse into each glass.
- Top each layer of mousse with 2/3 cups of fresh raspberries.
- Follow the raspberries with 1/2 cup of brownie chunks per glass.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of coconut over the brownie chunks per glass.
- Finish by dividing the remaining mousse and, finally, the remaining brownie chunks.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Want more secretly healthy chocolate?
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!