These grilled Moroccan chicken bowls are loaded with charred veggies, creamy tahini and spicy chicken! They’re a quick and easy dinner that’s paleo friendly and Whole30 compliant!
I’m just going to come out and say it:
I LOVE MOROCCAN FOOD.
SRSLY. If I had the perfect food day it would include cinnamon, cumin and allspice rubbed in every nook and cranny of a Moroccan chicken skillet or Moroccan style Paleo pork chops, sprinkled in a Moroccan Cauliflower Soup, and then hit with a pop of refreshing cucumber and tahini. <– Remember the Mediterranean grilled avocados? YAH. GOOD COMBO.
Do you ever just sit around and imagine what your perfect food-eating day is? Maybe that’s just me.
Either way. It would also include some gluten free healthy grilled recipes because what it isn’t better grilled? And it would DEFINITELY include these (whole30 approved!) bowls.
Bowls that are JAMMING with tender, charred veggies, salty bursts of olives, cool mint, crispy cucumber and the most flavor-packed chicken that is so juicy and yummy, your mouth may not even be able to HANDLE IT! (Don’t worry, it will. I’m being over-dramatic for effect.)
Also. Tahini-lemon dressing. I.e.: creamy notes of nutty, sesame flavor hugging every single bite of each nourishing-delicious item that is inside this bowl.
OHOHOH and pistachios. Always pistachios.
I think pistachios are my spirit nut. But, then again, I think this about every nut.
WHY ARE NUTS SO CRUNCHY AND DELICIOUS AND COMPLIMENT EVERYTHING SO WELL?
Exciting news alert! We’re inviting a new friend over for dinner tonight: Eggplant!
Ps. just don’t tell him that he, like, IS the dinner capeesh?
Really though. How do you guys feel about eggplant? In the 3 years that FFF has been taking up its little internet space in the world, there has been Z-E-R-O recipes with it. But then it was at the store. And it was purple and pretty. So, naturally, it just somehow fell into my shopping cart.
And then into my hungry little mouth, and I was not one bit mad about it.
I have to say, I am not the HYOOGEST fan of eggplant that is cooked any other way that is not on top of scorching hot flames of BBQ glory. BUT, when cooked over scorching hot flames of BBQ glory? Eggplant turns into this charred-but-slightly-sweet, EXTREMELY tender and somehow JUICY creation. A creation that is SO delicious I can hardly believe it’s a nutrient-bomb eggplant that I am stuffing into my face.
Pro tip: don’t question these things. Just keep going fork –> mouth.
More pro tips brought to you by Taylor:
Make these bowls on that day when you come home from work and your finger is hovering over the speed dial for Pizza Hut (don’t lie. I know you have them on speed dial) because the thought of cooking that is swirling inside your tired brain? NO GOOD.
Ps, the sequel: honest life moment, is this not every single day of your life? Or is that just mine?
The only work that is involved in diving face-first into this bowl of super-spiced and refreshingly-creamy heaven can be described in MOSTLY one word:
I mean you have to slice a FEW veggies and rub some chicken in its yummy, warm, spicy blend and all BUT, then you just have to toss it all on the BBQ, let it get smoky and delicious…
My peeps who like to eat good food, I know that these 30 minute bowls of dinner deliciousness are going to speak to your hungry-souls.
Paleo Grilled Moroccan Chicken Bowls
These grilled Moroccan chicken bowls are loaded with charred veggies, creamy tahini and spicy chicken! They're a quick and easy dinner that's paleo friendly and Whole30 compliant!
- 3 Cups Eggplant cut into large wedges (about 1/2 a small eggplant)
- 1 Cup Zucchini sliced (about 1/2 a large zucchini)
- Half a red onion thick-sliced.
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1/16 tsp Allspice
- 8 Oz chicken breast
- 1/2 Large tomato roughly chopped
- 1/2 Large cucumber sliced into halves
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh mint thinly sliced
- Juice of half a large lemon or 1 whole small one
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp Pistachios roughly chopped
- Heat your grill to medium heat, and place a grill basket onto it while heating (this helps the veggies cook faster if the basket is hot!) Rub both the grill and grill basket generously with olive oil.
- Place the eggplant and zucchini into a large bowl and toss with the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Combine the cumin, cinnamon, paprika and allspice. Rub evenly onto both sides of the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dump the veggies into the grill basket, and place the chicken onto the grill beside the basket. Cook the chicken until no longer pink inside, about 10-12 minutes total, flipping once half way through the cooking time. When you flip the chicken, give the veggies a good stir.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm while the veggies finish. Turn the grill heat up to medium high and cook the veggies for another 7-10 minutes until nice and charred, giving a stir half way through the cooking time.
- Transfer the cooked veggies back into the large bowl and add in the tomato, cucumber, cilantro and mint. Toss to coat evenly.
- Add in the fresh lemon juice and toss to coat. Finally, add in the tahini and toss until the veggies are nice and creamy.
- Divide the veggies and chicken between two bowls, followed by the olives and pistachios.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 10 POINTS+: 10. OLD POINTS: 9
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more whole30 dinners?
Paleo Moroccan chicken from around the web:
Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken Thighs – Real Food with Dana
Moroccan Sheet Pan Chicken – The Wanderlust Kitchen
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ONTWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!