Just letting you know this powered-up burger is sponsored by my friends over at Mann’s!
This black bean burger is so tender and juicy you would never know it’s vegetarian! Load it up with caramelized onions and avocado crema for a healthy, gluten free meal that’s easy to prepare!
PUMP UP! POWER UP!
It’s MONDAY YO’!
That may have been a little extreme in the energy-department for Monday morning but, LIKE, we’re munchin’ on food that has “power” in the name, so it just seemed NECESSARY.
As you may have guessed by the “Monday-ness” that has fallen on today, it is also PERFECT to discuss with you some veggie burger-deliciousness. We’re not talking about your usual dry, awkward-textured veggie burger that kind of falls apart into your lap when you take a big, OL’ BITE.
These veggie burgers are a mish-mashed-smash of creamy black beans, spicy sriracha and this magical addition of tender-crisp sautéed Brussels sprouts, Nappa cabbage, kohlrabi, broccoli, carrots AND kale.
Best part? You don’t have to chop up ALL of the veggies yourself (and there are a lot of them – health yo’!) because my friends over at Mann’s Veggies have done all the choppin’ action for you with their Power Blend!
I mean, they’re slogan is “veggies made easy.” <– I KNOW you are, like, SO INCREDIBLY down with that.
Easy + yummy + loaded with veggie health goodness = this power burger.
This crazy-addicting power burger that is SRSLY tender, somehow juicy and bassssically bombards your taste buds with flavor. The (EXTREMELY CARNIVEROUS) man that hangs around my home all the time, eating all my food, even took a bite (APPREHENSIVELY)….and then proceeded to POWER up his lunch by packing a few to take with him.
I would say I was shocked. But when spicy-tender-crisp-texture collides with slightly-sweet caramelized onion and the CREAMIEST avocado crema, it just makes sense that every person that exists in your life will be “hamburger who?” when this burger meets their face.
Pro tip: make extra avocado crema and then put it on ALL THE THINGS that you eat that you love. Because, pinky swear, you will <3 <3 <3 all food items EVEN MORE when topped with a little velvety-smooth avocado goodness.
I know I already told you my thoughts on avocados in the healthy snacks with avocados post, but it deserves a re-visit:
I can say with a great amount of confidence that avocados are the band aids of the food world.
They make EVERYTHING better.
This is what I’m thinking for your very immediate future: (AKA: TONIGHT)
I see you and a big bowl of black beans. I see you getting your mashin’-groove on. I see you forming crazy-healthy, flavor-bomb veggie burger patties and hearing that AMAZING sizzle as they hit a hot pan.
I see you wrapping each delicate leaf of tender lettuce around aforementioned flavor-bomb veggie burger.
And then, key point:
I see your belly jammin’ to the happy tune of a delicious-nutritious dinner WIN.
Black Bean Power Burger with Avocado Crema
For the caramelized Onion
- 1 inch yellow onion halved, peeled and cut into ¼- slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil I used olive
- Kosher salt to taste
For the avocado Crema
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup sour cream (I used plain non-fat Greek yogurt)
- Juice of ½ lime
- Kosher salt to taste
For the burger
- 1 ½ cups Mann’s Power Blend
- 1 clove large garlic minced
- 1 15- ounce can black beans drained
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Gluten Free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (again I used olive)
- 6 green leaf or iceberg lettuce singles
- Begin by caramelizing the onion. Heat a medium saucepan on medium-high. Add oil and onion, then reduce heat to medium. Saute, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and light golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Season with salt, remove from heat, and set aside.
- While the onion is cooking, prepare the avocado crema. In a food processor, combine avocado, sour cream, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Process until smooth, then set aside.
- To make the burgers, sauté Power Blend for 2 minutes until softened. Add minced garlic and stir for 1 more minute, then remove from heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the black beans with a potato masher or food mill. Add sautéed Power Blend, egg, bread crumbs, sriracha, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then form mixture into 6 patties.
- Cook patties in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, about 5-6 minutes per side, until nicely browned.
- Place 1 burger patty on top of 1 green leaf lettuce. Top with a couple spoonful’s of the caramelized onion and a dollop of avocado crema. Wrap burger leaf around the patty, close with a toothpick, and serve.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT MANNS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with Mann’s on social media for other tasty recipes:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 6 POINTS+: 6. OLD POINTS: 5
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more meatless summer dinners?