These energy balls are a quick and easy snack that are ready in only 10 minutes! A healthy, gluten free taste of the tropics to give you an energy boost!
Rum on a Monday morning guys.
Aka: Proof that I love you and want you to be super happy and have Mondays filled with deliciousness.
OKAY, it may not be ACTUAL rum, but no one said you couldn’t get your energy fix with a little shot on the side. I know you FEEL me because we be SOUL PEEPS.
Whatever that means.
Let’s discuss things that make sense to my brain, besides the necessity of a little rum-craziness on the first day in the week. LIIIIKE, energy bites. <— Because you also might need a little pick me up on a Monday. SEE, I DO want you to be super happy. I DO NOT TELL A LIE.
Like last week’s gluten free cookies, these easy x eleventy billion bites of perfectly sweet, tropically-fresh (?) ENER-GGGG are not from my brain-land. They are from one of my blogging besties: Lindsay from Cotter Crunch.
If you’re a gluten free chica (or chico) I am almost 110% sure that you know of her wondrous little, tasty space in internet world, because she makes my taste buds fall RIGHT OUT of my head, just by looking at her recipes, on an hourly basis.
No lies peeps. GO CHECK IT OUT.
HOW-EV-ER, what you PROBABLY didn’t know is that she makes a line of healthy bites that have the most ridiculously-perfect macros for all you athletes out there. Or even you people that like food that is healthy, without tasting like cardboard that has been stomped on by someone with dirty shoes. You KNOW what I mean.
So these little bites are from her Ebook filled with 13 SUPAH easy and feel-good-plus-good-4-you-too energy bite recipes….that three of you lucky little peeperonis is going to win!
There’s more on that once I finish nattering at you about all things round, ready in 10 minutes and under 100 calories.
AAAAND now you’re really paying attention. NARRATIVE WIN.
The magic of these energy balls (besides the whole OHMYGOSH YUM IN MY FACE aspect) is that there are only 3 steps to making them
- Feel tired and wish that the sky would magically open up and rain down energy bites on your sluggish-little-head.
- Realize that we are not in a Chicken Little book, and the sky will not fall with energy bites. So, take matters into your own hands, and put some ingredients that you ALREADY have in the food processor. <— MY LOVE.
- 10 MINUTES latah? POP POP POPPIN’ ALL DA BITES.
Why are you still even here?
Get at ‘er.
- 2-3 tsp Chopped nuts I used almonds
- 1/4 cup Crushed almond meal or coconut flour for nut free version I used coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder Grass-fed for Paleo version
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Rum extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3-1/2 cup Nut butter I used almond butter
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 Raw honey agave, or maple syrup. (I used maple syrup)
- tsp Optional – 1/2 vanilla extract
- Chop nuts in food processor, or buy hand. Or you can buy them already chopped.
- Transfer into a large bowl and add in all the remaining ingredients with the nut butter and honey/maple syrup being the last .
- Mix well (I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls.
- Coat bites with extra vanilla protein or coconut. I usually coat them after they have set in freezer for at least 5-10 minutes. Then return to freezer after.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
(Based off of 20 bites)
Want more healthy bites?