This low carb, Crab Avocado Salad is an easy, healthy dinner or lunch that is naturally gluten free, paleo friendly and so fresh and tasty!
PIN Crab Avocado Salad
If you’re looking for a fresh, no-cook, summer meal then look NO FURTHER because this simple salad is going to knock your socks off.
Seriously…Mr. FFF and I both ate this SO quietly because we were just so in love with the simple, but DELISH flavors exploding all over our mouths.
The tender crab with the creamy avocado and little purst of juicy tomato are just EVERYTHING that you Summer-food-loving mouth could want for a light lunch or dinner!
Is Crab a healthy Meat?
If you’re sick of the same old chicken every night and want to spice things up a bit, you might be thinking of different proteins to try instead! I’m such a fan of seafood because of its health benefits, tender and flaky texture and amazing flavor, so why not give it a whirl? Crab, in particular, has a variety of health benefits and you’re going to love love LOVE it in this crab and avocado salad. Here’s what makes it so nutritious:
- Healthy Bones and Teeth: Crab contains phosphorous which is vital in the maintenance of bones and teeth.
- Heart Healthy: Full of omega 3 fatty acids, crab can help balance cholesterol and is also anti-inflammatory.
- Detoxify your Body: Skip the detox supplements and replace them with a healthy helping of crab meat! The phosphorous will improve kidney function which helps eliminate toxins from your body.
Should I use real Crab or imitation to make Healthy Crab Salad?
I’m the first one to encourage your creativity when you are following a recipe. Some ingredients can be swapped around and switched up, but something you don’t want to mess with in this recipe is the crab itself! Real crab has the texture, flavor, and health benefits that make this recipe what it is, so I wouldn’t recommend using imitation in this keto crab salad recipe.
Crab Avocado Salad Ingredients
Now that your stomach is rumbling for some delicious crab avocado, let’s not waste any more time! The ingredients for this healthy and delicious salad are simple and definitely won’t disappoint in the flavor department! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced Red Onions
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Olive Oil
- Raw Dungeness Crab meat (or Lump Crab)
How to make Crab Avocado Salad
In a large bowl, add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, sriracha and salt. Mix all these ingredients until they are well incorporated. Next, gently fold in the crab meat and adjust the flavor with more lime juice as needed!
Taking each avocado, slice it in half and either peel off the skin or scoop it carefully out of the skin.
Fill each avocado with the salad mixture and garnish with more diced cilantro, if desired. Serve on a plate and DEVOUR!
Delicious Side Dish Ideas
Ok, now that you’ve made these amazing crab stuffed avocados, you’ll probably want to devour them right away! If you want to add some more tasty side dishes to serve up alongside this recipe or switch things up a little bit, here are a few ideas that will get those creative juices flowing:
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato fries: cause why not!? They go good with everything!
- Mango Shrimp Ceviche with Recipe with Pineapple: to keep the fresh seafood theme going!
- Switch it up by chopping up the avocados, mixing it with the crab mixture, and serving it as lettuce wraps (like how you would serve Paleo Mediterranean Tuna Salad with Olives)
Other Healthy Seafood Recipes
- 1/4 Cup Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp Red onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, minced + extra for garnish if desired
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lime juice (half a large lime) or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Oz Raw Dungeness Crab Meat (or lump crab)
- 2 Medium avocados
- Mix together the tomatoes, onion,cilantro, lime juice, oil, sriracha and salt. Gently fold in the crab and adjust to taste for lime juice.
- Slice the avocados in half and either peel off the skin or scoop out of the shell.
- Divide the crab meat between the avocados, top with extra cilantro if desired and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!