This butter chicken dip is an easy, healthy, gluten free and protein packed twist on the classic served with an easy no yeast gluten free naan bread!
PIN Butter Chicken Dip
The title of this post is actually kinda-sorta a lie.
There is actually NO butter in this what.so.eva.
In place of the butter in this easy butter chicken recipe we’re swapping in healthy, supa high protein, and SUPER creamy Greek yogurt.
You know those super amazing dips that you get at restaurants for an appetizer and then realize they are just so rich that you can barely even finish your dinner because you are just SO. STUFFED? Just like the Greek yogurt dip with kale and parmesan, this is not one of those.
You can probably even eat the whole thing and still have room for dinner! Who doesn’t love recipes where they can eat THEM ALL am I right
In our house, we LOVE Indian food, especially any kind of coconut curry, or the classic butter chicken recipe. What I do not love is all the cream and butter that goes into butter chicken. Mostly because it really upsets Mr. FFF tummy and partially because I like to save super heavy meals like that for weekends.
So, I made it my mission to make it healthy, but still keep all that flavor and spice that goes into the traditional recipe.
Man, oh man guys, this will totally satisfy your Indian craving.
It has got bold flavor with the cumin, garam masala and paprika, and has that thick and rich texture that is an absolute must in a dip. I hate me a watery dip. Plus, it is 10 zillion times easier than doing a traditional curry. Plus plus, it’s fun to bring to a party ’cause everyone and their dog brings homemade hummus or some sort of ok-to-eat-unbaked-and-somewhat-healthy-cookie-dough-dip.
I was going to judge you for being one of those healthy peanut butter cookie cookie dough dip bandwagon people…but, I have also been on that bandwagon. Annnnd I kinda like it there.
But that is besides the point because butter chicken dip is in the house!
How to make butter chicken dip
- Sautee some diced onion and garlic in a hot frying pan until soft and translucent
- Add in your spices and cook until fragrant – you’ll know when that is because you’ll smell it!
- Turn the heat to low and add in the tomatoes, Greek yogurt, cilantro and shredded chicken. Stir until well mixed
- EAT UP with naan bread!
This would also be equally good just served with veggies or chips to dip but, if you have some extra minutes, please please PLEASE (I am actually begging you) do yourself a favor and make the gluten free naan bread recipe. It is so easy and so so so good.
I will preface this by telling you it’s a QUICK and easy, no yeast naan bread recipe, so isn’t quite as pillowy soft as you might be used to as it’s yeast-free. But when you’re in a pinch and want NAAN now, you will be VRY VRY grateful for it.
Do a dip, do a dunk..
Just do whatever it takes to get butter chicken dip in yo’ mouth.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
For the butter chicken dip:
For the Naan: *
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Cornstarch (88g) **
- 1/4 Cup Oat flour (GF if needed) (30g)
- 3 Tbsp White rice flour (28g)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp GF Xantham gum
- 2 Tbsp Garlic infused olive oil
- 7 Tbsp Unsweetened almond milk
- Mix the cornstarch, oat flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center and add in the oil and milk. Stir until it comes together.
- Use your hands to knead the dough about 10 times in the bowl, until it forms a smooth ball. Set aside to rest while you make the dip.
- Preheat the olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and garlic and cook until they just begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the cumin, paprika, garam masala, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Sautee the onion and spice mixture until the onions are soft and the spices are fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and add in the crushed tomato, Greek yogurt, diced cilantro and the shredded chicken.
- Stir until everything is well combined and transfer to a serving dish.
- Divide the naan dough into 4 sections and roll each with a rolling pin until about 1/8 inch thick. You can lightly flour the counter if the dough begins to stick.
- Lightly spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place one or two naans (depending on the size of your pan) in the pan and cook until it darkens in spot on the underside, about 1 to 2 minutes. You can lightly press it down with a spatula so it cooks evenly.
- Flip and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining sections and then serve with the butter chicken dip.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 8 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 6
(per 1/4 of the dip and 1 naan bread. Based on the recipe making 4 Naans)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!