This Buffalo Cauliflower Dip is full of creaminess and spicy Buffalo sauce flavor! A perfect way to sneak some veggies into your day!
Table of Contents
Why you will LOVE This Dip
If you are looking to round up the BEST game day recipes, look no further than today’s buffalo cauliflower dipping sauce. It is almost like air fryer buffalo cauliflower and crockpot healthy chicken dip with cauliflower had a baby and made this incredible dip. It’s flavorful, has that zingy buffalo heat that we all love, and is made with easy ingredients that you may already have on hand in your pantry and fridge. Nothing’s better than a heaping bowl of buffalo dip when you’re hanging with your crew, and this one is a must-try! Also, check out these healthy gluten-free appetizers for more guilt-free game day ideas.
Sometimes, homemade game day recipes might seem a bit daunting. You might be thinking that it’s way easier to buy everything from your local supermarket instead, but I guarantee you can whip up this riced cauliflower buffalo dip faster than you could go to the store to buy dip! Here is everything you will need to make it yourself:
- Olive Oil
- Buffalo Sauce
- Full Fat Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Low Fat Sour Cream
- Green Onions
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
Fire up your oven and let it fully preheat. Toss the cauliflower in a bowl with the oil and some salt until everything is evenly coated. Arrange it on a pan and roast it in the oven until it is nice and golden brown.
Transfer the cauliflower to a large skillet and add the buffalo sauce and cream cheese. Warm up the cream cheese, whisking until it melts. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow it to simmer until the sauce begins to thicken.
Remove the mixture from the heat and slowly add the cheese until it melts into the sauce. Add in the sour cream and remaining salt and stir to combine.
This step is optional, but you can now transfer the sauce to a baking dish and pop it back into the oven until bubbly.
Garnish the finished dip with green onions, dip away, and enjoy!
Top Tips for making the BEST Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- Use Sour Cream: Although you can use yogurt as a substitute for sour cream, I recommend using sour cream as it gives the dip more zingy flavor that compliments the buffalo sauce.
- Chop the cauliflower small: I recommend ensuring that the cauliflower florets are nice and small for the best overall texture.
- Make sure the cauliflower is tender: Be careful to cook the cauliflower long enough so that each floret is nice and tender.
- Thicken it up: Be sure to thicken up the sauce before baking, but not TOO much!
Buffalo Cauliflower Dip Serving Suggestions
This cauliflower dip is PERFECT for those game day get togethers, or for any time at all, really! I recommend serving this dip with your favorite crackers or chips, or potentially some sliced French bread or soft pitas! Another fun combination would be to serve this dip with air fryer potato chips. Whatever way you decide, it will be absolutely delicious!
more delicious dip recipes
- 8 Cups Cauliflower, cut into very small florets (2 lbs of florets or about 1.5-2 heads cauliflower)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Salt, divided
- 1 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 8 Oz Full fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 6 Oz Cheddar cheese, grated (1 cup, tightly packed)
- 3/4 Cup Low fat sour cream OR 2% Greek yogurt
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Toss the cauliflower with the oil and 1 tsp of salt and spread onto a baking sheet. Roast in the oven until fork tender and golden brown, about 15-25 minutes, stirring halfway through
- Add the buffalo sauce and cream cheese to a warm, large skillet at medium heat, whisking until smooth and melted.
- Once melted, stir in the cauliflower and turn the heat to high and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring frequently, until the sauce begins to thicken, about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and slowly add in the cheese, stirring between each addition until melted. Then, stir in the sour cream or yogurt and the remaining salt.
- OPTIONAL: Transfer to an oven safe baking dish and bake until bubbly about 10-15 minutes (or serve right away!)
- Garnish with green onions and DEVOUR with your favorite chips, crackers or celery sticks!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!