This blueberry honey lime chicken is served over creamy avocado pesto cucumber noodles! It’s a healthy, gluten free and paleo friendly spring dinner that everyone will love!
That’s pretty much the SCOOP on this bowl of seasonal-spring-time EATS.
It’s the kind of dinner that you look at the ingredients, scratch your head a little bit, and wonder what on earth the weird girl on the other side of screen land (IE: ME) is thinking because blueberries + jalapenos + honey + lime + avocado + CUCUMBER? TOO MUCH?
Then your mouth does a little 1-2 BITE, MUNCH, CRUNCH and e’rythannnng makes sense inside your hungry BELLY.
Like many good dinner stories, ours starts out with a base of wholesome-from-the-earth-nutrition in the form of spiralized veggies. EXCEPT – SUSPENSE – there’s a PLOT TWIST.
Like we discussed on Monday’s cumin healthy chicken stir fry with carrot noodles, there are only so many sweet potato and zucchini noodles that we can eat. So, CUCUMBER noodles are dangling their SUPERfresh, ultra-light and healthy selves allll up inside this bowl of goodness.
Of course, every good fairy tale (which is apparently what you’re reading today) needs a prince charming right?
The obvious choice to cast as this character is avocado. Everyone loves it. Everyone will ROOT for the avocado.
Although, you are going to be rooting for this ENTIRE dinner once it tingles your taste buds. Pinky swear.
Avocado pesto. Because it worked so well with the avocado pesto healthy pasta salad with zucchini noodles, that it can only work even better with the MAJORLY fresh dinner GOALS that cucumber noodles are the CHAMPION of.
Let’s talk chicken. Glorious, juicy chicken that, just like Mexican corn salad with honey lime shrimp and honey lime grilled avocado shrimp nacho bowls, EXPLODES with the simplest, but most ADDICTIVE, spicy-sweet flavor combo that is gonna make your mouth go LIKE WHOA.
Pro tip: this chicken is also VRY VRY delicious on its own, with whatever side dish you’re loving these days. Buuuut, make sure you try with the avocado/blueberry/cucumber noodle combo first since you’re gonna RLY RLY like it.
Just givin’ you ALL the facts.
The happily ever after comes when the princess which, for the purposes of our story, is the sweet, tangy VIBRANT blueberry salsa, enters the kingdom (IE: the bowl) and marries with the bites of juicy chicken and tender-crisp, CREAMY cucumber noodles in a way that makes you understand EXACTLY why we’ve been comparing this easy-spring time dinner to a fairy tale for YOUR FACE.
After discovering the magic of goat cheese stuffed chicken breast with balsamic blueberry salsa, I have been WAITING to throw another chicken + blueberry recipe at your easy dinner loving selves. And, my internet BFF’s, the time is NOW.
I think that is the best part about spring you know? There is SO much fresh fruit available that we don’t need to limit it to an oatmeal recipe with blueberry cheesecake swirl for breakfast. Fruit at lunch! Fruit at dinner!
FRUIT ALL DAY LONG.
With vegetables. But, we all know fruit is more delicious. #RealTalk.
Seasonal. Healthy. Light. Spring. FRUIT for dinner. With AVOCADO.
Told ya. You’re rootin’ for the WHOLE SHEBANG.
For the chicken:
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Jalapeno Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 8 Oz Chicken breast
For the salsa:
- 3/4 Cup Fresh blueberries, halved
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeno, minced (seeds removed)
- 4 tsp Red onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Fresh lime juice
For the pesto:
- 1/4 Cup Avocado, mashed (65g or one small avocado)
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 1 Cup Fresh basil, tightly packed
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Large cucumber, spiralized with blade B
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, Tabasco sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the chicken breast and cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Once marinated, heat your oven to 350 degrees. Bake the chicken until no longer pink inside, about 25-30 minutes.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a small bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a SMALL food processor (mine is 3 cups) blend together the avocado, garlic, salt, a pinch of pepper and a squeeze of lime juice until smooth and creamy. Add in the basil and use the "chop" setting until broken down. Then, puree until well mixed, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil until well combined.
- Place the cucumber noodles into a large bowl and add in the avocado pesto. Toss to evenly coat the noodles (you may need to cut them up!)
- Divide the noodles between two plates, followed by the chicken and the blueberry salsa.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!