It’s been way to long since we went face first into a fluffy, golden brown stack of creamy goodness.
Do you agree?
If you don’t…just LIE TO ME.
I knew there was a reason that we were friends. You just GET ME.
My Whole Wheat Pancake obsession. We don’t need to discuss it. Unless you’re totally new to this blog. Then, just read a few posts (or, better yet, just look at about 3 photos on Instagram, and you’ll know that I adore IHOP)
But, we do need to discuss THESE particular pancakes…umm, in particular. Redundant sentences FOR THE WIN.
A Healthy Breakfast
If you’re anything like me, you’re always on the hunt for a healthy breakfast that nourishes your body BUT also satisfies your soul and your cravings. One of my favorite healthy breakfasts are quinoa breakfast bake with dates and bananas and you also can’t go wrong my paleo sweet potato breakfast bowl. What if I told you, though, that PANCAKES can also cover all your bases and be a healthful yet delicious breakfast!? YES, that’s right, these apple oatmeal pancakes I’m about to show you are a game changer! Here’s why:
- They use Whole Wheat Flour: If you are looking for a pancake recipe that’s a bit healthier, I’ve got you! These pancakes use whole wheat instead of regular all purpose white flour.
- They’re sweetened naturally: I opted out of using regular, refined white sugar. Instead, I sweetened these pancakes with a combination of brown sugar for the topping and truvia sweetener for the pancakes themselves. Yay for a better-for-you version of your FAVE breakfast!
- They use Greek Yogurt: containing probiotics, protein, and loads of calcium, these pancakes are not dry at all thanks to greek yogurt!
Healthy Apple Pancakes Ingredients
The list of ingredients for these fantastic pancakes is going to please you, I’m sure of it. To make them, we’re going to use wholesome and healthy ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need to round up before we get started:
For the Topping:
- Old Fashioned Oats
- White Whole Wheat Flour
- Brown Sugar
For the Pancakes:
- White Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Ginger
- Egg Yolks
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Pure Maple Syrup
If I’m going to make pancakes, I want them to be the absolute BEST they can be. Now tell me, what’s better than a fluffy pancake? Not much, folks! Here are some tips to make these healthy apple pancakes the fluffies they can be!
- Don’t Overmix: Over-mixing the batter can make your pancakes less fluffy because it causes the gluten proteins to bond too tightly with other gluten proteins, and leaves less room for air bubbles!
- Let the batter rest: Allowing the batter to rest for 15-30 minutes will allow the wet ingredients to soak into the flour more effectively, creating a better texture (more fluffiness!!)
3. Wait to flip until you see bubbles: Once you start cooking your pancakes, no matter how much you want to flip it right away, it’s best to wait until you see bubbles forming. Also, only flip your pancakes one time! This will give you the fluffiest pancakes!
Make sure to check out the Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes Recipe on Food Fanatic!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTRAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!