These Healthy Oatmeal Protein Pancakes with Greek Yogurt taste like apple crisp for breakfast! Gluten free, made from simple ingredients and SO thick and fluffy!
PIN Apple Crisp Healthy Oatmeal Protein Pancakes with Greek Yogurt
Hi! Hello! Good morning! How are you?
You look like your bleary-eyed-morning-person self could use a batch of EASY protein pancakes WITH OATS.
Liiiike wholesome, real-food kinda pancake goodness that are going to:
- Keep you full until LUNCH.
- BUILD YOUR MUSCLES ‘cause HELLO creamy-dreamy swirls of vanilla Greek yogurt! You’re KILLIN the protein pancake GAME.
- Make you feel VERY VERY excited about getting out of bed because they taste like that vegan gluten free APPLE CRISP.
So, uhh, yes, you will make them and like them and you will probably press rep-EAT for all the fall mornings EVER and not even be one tinsy bit mad about it.
I mean, you may want to alternate paleo banana pancakes, just for the sake of variety. But, this is ALSO coming from the biggest creature of habit, so I can’t confirm or deny that I’ll be eating THIS protein pancake recipe every morning riiiiight along with you.
So, liiiike, NO JUDGING. You work your pancake QUEEN crown however makes you feel GOOD.
I realize we just ate gluten free low carb keto protein pancakes a hot minute ago but these healthy oatmeal protein pancakes with Greek yogurt are NOT at all like that on account of being made from oat flour, sizzling with spicy-sweet apples in every FLUFFY bite A-N-D COVERED with crispety-crunchety CRUMBLE TOPPING BLISS. <— Think of them like the fluffy cottage cheese pancakes but PIE STYLE.
Hooooly. Have you ever made apple crisp topping and then NOT made apple crisp out of it because you are a rebel and walk to the beat of your own drum? YOU GOTTA DO IT.
Put it on your pancakes. You won’t be sorry.
These pancakes are a remake of those VERY old whole wheat pancakes with apple crisp topping that I shared with you so many years ago, just gone gluten free! Mostly because they are one of my favorite pancake recipes to date and I wanted you to be able to eat them.
PANCAKES FOR ALL. <– This is my life motto. .
How to make protein pancakes
There are SO many ways that you can make protein pancakes! You could add:
- Protein powder
- Cottage cheese
- Egg whites
- Chickpeas (don’t know it till you try brownie vegan pancakes with cookie dough swirl)
- Peanut butter (microwave peanut protein pancakes, I’m lookin’ at you!)
- Greek yogurt
We’re opting for vanilla Greek yogurt because it adds this level of creaminess, fluffiness and vanilla-flavored YUMMINESS to these MEGA THICK, golden-brown stacks of breakfast BLISS.
Just take a moment to ogle the THICKNESS of these pancakes with me. This is a REAL, unedited photos my friends. CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP.
We’re talking chewy, sweet apples with bursts of spicy cinnamon and ginger in ever bite, with a VRY heavy-handed pile of crispy-crunchy-coconut-sugar-sweet oatmeal crumble and a PUDDLE of maple syrup.
‘Member how I confessed my weird sugar-on-pancake-eating life scenario in the gluten free paleo sweet potato pancakes? THESE GOT ME OVER THAT.
Welcoming my maple-syrup-Canadian-self back into my own life with OPEN ARMS.
STACK GOALS internet friends. I hope that you have set these for yourself.
‘Cause partaking in an apple crisp pancake situation is about to equal MASTERY of your breakfast-eating-life.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Healthy Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancakes
Gluten Free Pancakes with Chocolate Swirl
Blueberry Gluten Free Greek Yogurt Waffles
For the crisp:
- 1 Cup Rolled, old-fashioned oats (GF if needed) 90g
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar
- 6 Tbsp Oat flour (click to see how to make your own!) 40g
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
For the pancakes:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, oat flour and coconut sugar for the crumble. Stir in the melted butter until crumbly.
- Spread in a single layer on the prepared pan and bake until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes - the crumbles will firm and crisp up a lot once cool!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, monkfruit, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and ginger. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks and Greek yogurt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until moistened - don't over mix. Gently fold in the apples.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat (or 350 degrees) and rub with butter. Drop the batter by 1/3 cup scoops, spreading out slightly on the griddle. Cook until the edges are set and bubbles begin to burst in the tops, about 4-6 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 4-6 minutes until browned.
- Serve with maple syrup and the crisp topping and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 19 POINTS+: 15. OLD POINTS: 11
(per 2 pancakes with 1/4 of the crisp topping)
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment