This Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake is so creamy and flavorful, you’d never know that it is egg and dairy free! A perfect fall dessert!
Why you will LOVE This Cheesecake
If youâ€™re new around here, thereâ€™s one thing you need to know about me: I looove cheesecake. Itâ€™s rich and creamy and oh-so-dreamy and if you offer me a slice of healthy cottage cheese cheesecake or perhaps some no bake peanut butter cheesecake bars, I will ALWAYS be down! Therefore, I am always adding new and improved cheesecake recipes to the blog because there can never be too many! Todayâ€™s vegan pumpkin cheesecake recipe has the sweet and spicy cozy fall spices, some nutritious and delicious pumpkin, and is SO creamy. Itâ€™s also super easy to whip up for your Thanksgiving get together or just for a treat on the weekend!
Making decadent and delicious desserts doesnâ€™t have to be complicated! This healthy vegan pumpkin cheesecake calls for typical baking ingredients that you may already have at home. Letâ€™s pull together everything we will need to make it:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Vegan Butter
- Flax Meal
- Warm Water
- Tofutti Cream Cheese
- Canned Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
How to make Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
Prepare the Crust
Turn on the oven so that it can preheat while you work. In a bowl, mix together the cracker crumbs and sugar, then add in the melted butter and stir to combine. Press the crust mixture up the sides and on the bottom of a springform pan, and bake until golden brown.
In a small bowl, add the flax seed meal and water and whisk it until it is well combined. Set it aside to let it become like gel, stirring every so often.
In a large bowl, add the pumpkin and cream cheese and beat with an electric hand mixer until it is well combined. Add in the pumpkin pie spice and sugar, beating again until well incorporated. Next, add in the flax mixture and vanilla and beat once more until smooth.
Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and place it in the oven. Bake until the top just starts to rise a bit and is deep golden brown in color.
Cool completely, then cover and chill overnight. The next day, slice and serve- DEVOUR!
Top Tips for making Easy Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Press the crust up the sides: To make the crust go a little further and help hold the cheesecake together, I recommend pressing the graham cracker crumb mixture up the sides of your springform pan a little!
- Use an electric hand mixer: While this recipe should work by mixing with a spoon, the filling will be MUCH smoother and fluffier when mixed using an electric hand mixer so I definitely suggest it!
Now that youâ€™ve baked your delicious vegan pumpkin cheesecake, itâ€™s time to slice it up and enjoy it with your crew- BUT donâ€™t forget the toppings! You can really get creative with this part, as this cheesecake would be delicious with so many different topping ideas. You could add some chocolate syrup or warm fudge, or slice up some fresh fruit and layer it on top. You could also go for a cooked fruit topping by cooking some berries in a pot to create a warm sauce to drizzle on top. I also have a delicious dairy free vegan caramel sauce that would make this cheesecake so decadent and delicious. The possibilities for toppings on your cheesecake are endless!
Can I use another Cream Cheese Brand?
Although I often encourage mixing things up in my recipes, this recipe does need to be followed when it comes to cream cheese! Tofutti cream cheese is different than other brands and works best for this recipe.
more delicious dessert recipes
- easy paleo pecan pie pumpkin vegan cheesecake
- gluten free vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls
- healthy cheesecake stuffed baked apples
For the crust:
- 1 3/4 Cup Graham cracker crumbs, GF if needed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Vegan butter, melted
For the cheesecake
- 3 Tbsp Flax meal
- 1/2 Cup Warm water
- 3 Containers Tofutti cream cheese, at room temperature (use this brand! 8oz containers each.)
- 1 1/3 Cups Canned pumpkin
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add in the melted butter until well mixed.
- Press the crust about 2 inches up the side of an 9 inch springform pan and bake until lightly golden brown, about 8 minutes. Cool on the counter while you make the cheesecake.
For the cheesecake
- Whisk the flax seed meal and water in a small bowl and set aside to gel up, about 10 minutes. Stir it every few minutes.
- Use an electric hand mixer to Beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until well mixed.
- Add in the sugar and spice and beat again.
- Add in the flax "eggs" and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Pour into the prepared crust and bake until the top is a deep golden brown and rises, about 1 hour 30-40 minutes. The center will not set but will firm up in the refrigerator.
- Let cool completely at room temperature and the cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment