This cranberry cocktail has a touch of fresh orange juice and a splash of champagne to make it bubbly! It’s so easy to make and perfect for holiday entertaining!
If I told you that making this martini immediately played the song “Like a G6” in my head, would it show my age?
Yep. You answered yes. I KNOWS IT.
Orrrr you’re going to Google the lyrics to that song. Which are questionable. So STOP IT RIGHT NOW.
Insteadddd can I divert your attention to a shiny, sparkling cocktail filled with bubbly, sweet champagne, tangy cranberry juice and bursts of fresh, vibrant oranges?
Again, you answered yes. SEE. I DO know you.
And if you’re still Googling, all is well. I will just drink your martini while you don’t pay attention.
Fer serious though. I feel like it might have been some sort of Food Blogging crime to not share my most favorite festive cocktail with you the DAY before New Year’s Eve. I thought about getting started on them healthy, New Year’s resolutions early, but RESISTRESISTRESIST. I did it. I resisted. Because when poppin’ bottles in the ice, like a blizzard “(Like a G6” reference for you folks still trying to find the lyrics) is a question, the answer is most CERTAINLY yes.
In other news: I have (half) decided that FFF should just become a cocktail blog for 3 reasons:
- They take about 10 minutes to develop
- Testing them is a heck of a lot more fun than a cucumber salad.
- Writing the post after testing them is SO MUCH EASIER. If you’re picking up what I’m PUTTIN’ DOWN. Which you are. Because, as we discussed over a bowl of Roasted Acorn Squash and Quinoa Salad, we are BFF of the internet WURLD.
A-L-S-O, in that same above-mentioned salad AND the sparkling holiday champagne sangria, I realized that I want to eat the combinations of cranberry and orange together forever. What is it that makes tangy, sour cranberries SO taste bud tingling-ly magical when they do a little dance with ANYTHING orange? I straight up used to even eat KETCHUP on my turkey at Thanksgiving because cranberry sauce just was NOT my thang.
Then I made homemade cranberry sauce with maple and orange and WHOA HOLD UP NOW. Move over 5-year old ketchup-eating Taylor. Cranberry sauce is ALL OVER the plate now.
But this post is not about sauce. It’s about dranks. <–I’m judging myself for saying “drank” like some 18 year old. One day I will be a grown up human.
But until then: New Year’s Eve dranks is what we’re talking about. And they’re a little sweet, a little tangy and juuuust the perfect amount of bubbly. KIND OF LIKE YOU RIGHT?
See? MADE FOR YOU.
I may or may not be spending NYE BY MYSELF because Mr.FFF is working, and even my DOG is on vacation on my parents, but I will still be in my pajamas watching “The Vampire Diaries” like the not-so-secret-inner-tween-girl that I am, and drinking bubblies until it all feels better.
Virtual cheers to lonely-person NYE goals and never growing up!
Orange Cranberry Cocktail with Champagne
- 4 Oz No-sugar added Cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 Oz Triple Sec
- 1 Oz Freshly squeeze orange juice from a bottle works too
- 4 Oz Moscato Champagne
- Frozen cranberries for garnish optional
- Raw Cane sugar for rimming, optional
- To rim the glass (optional)
- Pour some Triple Sec into a small, shallow plate. You need just enough to cover the bottom. Pour some cane sugar into a small, shallow bowl.
- Place a martini glass, or Champagne flute, upside down into the Triple Sec, until it just coats the rim. Then, place the rim of the martini glass into the sugar, gently turning until coated. Shake off any excess and repeat with the remaining glass. Set aside.
- Place the cranberry juice, triple sec and orange juice into a martini shaker and shake until well mixed.
- Divide the cocktail between the 2 glasses and top each glass off with 2oz of Champagne.
- Garnish with frozen cranberries, if desired, and DRINK UP.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: POINTS+: 1. OLD POINTS: 2
Other cocktail ideas:
Champagne cocktails from around the web:
Autumnal Pomegranate Fizz – b. sweet
Rosemary Pomegranate Cocktail – Sassy Eats
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!