This quick and easy puppy chow recipe has no refined sugar or chocolate, and uses chocolate protein powder instead! It tastes like a healthy ginger snap cookie, and is perfect for Christmas!
Crunchy. Crispy. Sweet + Spicy.
These are a few of my favorite thiiiiiings.
Oh, and protein. Because strong muscles means I can lift more of this protein puppy chow recipe into my face at a greater speed. Uh huh uh huh uh huh.
Fer cereal though (had to) I can’t keep my snack-munchin’ face out a bowl of the good stuff. AKA: crunchy, squares of spiced cinnamon, hugged with a luscious, smooooth layer of creamy, melty almond butter and totally-Christmas-appropriate molasses, and then COVERED with a sweet, rich chocolate-y PROTEIN POWER.
Uh. I mean POWDER. But, ya know, SAME DIFF.
I know I don’t need to make any acquaintances with puppy chow because it’s bayyysically on every.single.persons must-stuff-into-face during the Holiday season list. Even if you have NO IDEA why the heck it’s called puppy chow, and you’re a human, you STILL EAT IT.
But. I do still wonder.
Anywho. You know it. You love it. You can’t get enough OF ITTTTTT.
I’m preeeee aware that everybody has their most favorite version of this addicting-crunch-a-rific like snack jam, but I’m here to tell you one thing is for certain peeps: once yo’ chow has been chocolate gingersnap-i-fied, you won’t be going back for seconds of that boring chocolate and peanut butter, not-so-healthy tradish stuff.
Liiiiike. There’s no sugary chocolate, no weird syrupy stuff and NO refined powdered sugar because our powder is of the PROTEIN variety. There’s just sweet, powdery-soft chocolate perfection covering every tiny, healthy ginger snap-like morsel guys. And then there’s you. In the corner. SHOVING it all into your face at RAPID speed in the name of H-E-A-L-T-H and B-U-F-F-N-E-S-S.
Our crunch snack game guys? IT IS STRONG.
Just image yourself wrapped up in a cozy, fuzzy blanket, sipping on a mug of steaming hot chocolate (maybe add MORE chocolate protein powder to it? LIGHT BULB MOMENT) and having a little up close and personal face time with crunchy, spicy-sweet Ginger Snap Puppy Chow.
That kind of reality is not just fo’ the movies yo.’
IT CAN BE YOURS. REACH OUT AND GRAB IT.
Before I grab your bowl first.
Healthy Ginger Snap Protein Puppy Chow Recipe
- Place the almond butter, molasses and coconut oil into a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted and creamy, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir the mixture well to combine and then add in the Chex. Stir gently until the almond butter mixture coats the cereal.
- In a large, Zip-loc bag, combine the protein powder, ginger and cinnamon. Shake the bag around the make sure the spices get mixed in with the protein powder.
- Add the Chex cereal into the bag and shake around until evenly coated in the protein powder/spice mixture.
- Pour into a bowl and let cool, so that the almond butter hardens and sets.
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Points+: 7. Old Points: 6
(per 1/2 cup)