Just wanted you give ya a heads up that this adorable AND delicious recipe is sponsored by my friends over at Amoretti!
This strawberry gluten free chocolate cake recipe makes 2 mini cakes, so it’s perfect for two people! A healthier dessert for Valentine’s Day or any day!
You guys. Are those not the 2 more amazing words put together, in the sense that it means you get A WHOLE CAKE TO YOURSELF?!
I feel like all the goals of both of our lives are PINACLE-ING (word?) at this VRY moment.
I mean, when have you been given the green light to eat a WHOLE cake all to yourself? Very exciting times are happening to our taste buds right now.
These SUPERMELY adorable, totally crave-able mini-cake-babies are boasting MEGA delicious qualities in the form of not 1, not 2, but T-H-R-E-E layers of light, FLUFFY, MAJOR chocolate-overload goodness.
That just so happen to be SECRETLY butter and oil free because HELLO applesauce you sly dog you. It’s the ninja ingredient that gives this tender, chewy cake that fluffy bite of cake-perfection that is gonna make your taste buds SING as your teeth sink through each rich, decadent layer.
Chocolate cake nirvana. It is the only way that can describe the moment that will happen in your very real-whole-cake-eating life.[clickToTweet tweet=”Mini #GlutenFree Strawberry Chocolate Cakes for 2 are perfect for #ValentinesDay! @AmorettiFoods” quote=”Mini #GlutenFree Strawberry Chocolate Cakes for 2 are perfect for #ValentinesDay! @AmorettiFoods” theme=”style2″]
The cake that we speak of is based off out the paleo pumpkin cake bars that we ate in the fall. Except it’s a “for 2 variation” because I know the LOVE that you shared when we ate deep dish paleo chocolate chip cookies for two and that paleo chocolate lava cake recipe.
You guys like recipes that make O-N-L-Y 2 servings. I think it’s because you are secretly addicted to being able to eat half of a recipe ALL AT ONCE.
Aaaaaand that is why we are internet best friends. We UNDERSTAND each other.
Gluten free chocolate cake stacked high in a triple-layer tower of general deliciousness is all well and good, but what is cake without FROSTING? <— BEST PART. You know it’s true.
Instead of doing the hard work of creating my own frosting for this easy gluten-free chocolate cake, I did what any smart-person would do and used something already made for me, that I already knew was SO. GOSH. DARN. GOOD: Amoretti’s Almond Coconut Dark Chocolate Spread.
I can’t confirm or deny that I found out it was good pre-cake-icing because I ate half a tub with my fingers.
Hint: I did.
So creamy. SO RICH. SO velvety-smooth-crazy-addicitng-totally-in-love-with-this-spread-right-now-guys.
It’s like a little swirl of food heaven all neatly packaged in a little jar of love. <3 <3 <3
So, slather that THIIIIICK onto your little circles of mini-cake-goodness. I won’t tell if do a little “chocolate spread for the cake, chocolate spread for my face” action while you do it.
Your secret is safe with me.
After decadent chocolate spread-age has happened, layer fresh, sweet sliced strawberries on top. I don’t THINK I even have to tell you that these cakes are the ULTIMATE in Valentine’s Day desserts (chocolate? Cake? FOR TWO? IT’S OBVIOUS) but, strawberries and chocolate?
You might say that combination is SO BASIC.
But, I call it “true love CLASSIC.”
You know what’s also classic with chocolate and strawberries? Red Wine BABY.
And that, my internet friends, is how you CHAMPION your Valentine’s Day.
- 3/4 Cup Coconut sugar
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Amoretti Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Amoretti Almond Flour (90g)*
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 5 Tbsp Amoretti Almond Coconut Dark Chocolate Spread
- 4 Large strawberries, sliced + Additional for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of 2 8x8 inch pans with parchment paper, spraying the sides with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the coconut sugar and apple sauce until moistened. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat again until well mixed.
- Add in the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well mixed - making sure there are no clumps of cocoa powder.
- Divide the batter between the two pans and spread out evenly. Bake until the cakes darken, the edges pull away from the sides, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely on the counter.
- Once completely cooled, use a 3" biscuit cutter to cut out 6 circles from the pans. You will not need all the cake here - I HIGHLY recommend mixing it with more chocolate spread and making cake balls! It's also great over ice cream!
- Place one of the circles bottom-side up on a plate. Spread 2 1/2 tsp of the chocolate coconut spread on top of it evenly. Place 1 of the strawberries (all the slices from one strawberry) on the cake. Then, spread 1/2 tsp of the chocolate spread very thinly on the bottom side of another circle. Place this circle, chocolate-side-down, on top of the strawberries, pressing very lightly to adhere it. Repeat the same process.
- Once you get to the top layer, spread 1/2 Tbsp of the chocolate spread on top and garnish with additional strawberries. Repeat with the other mini cake!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT AMORETTI. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Make sure to check out ALL of Amoretti’s Chocolate Spreads by clicking HERE!
But, guess what?! Amoretti is being super amazing and giving 15 of you a chance to win your own jar of Almond Coconut Dark Chocolate Spread so you can make these cakes! Entry is super simple, just use the widget below!
This giveaway will run from 01/30/2017 until 02/09/2017. 15 winners will be announced, displayed on the widget and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winners have 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place.
As you do not use all of the cake, I don’t feel comfortable giving nutrition information as it may not be accurate – so just enjoy! 🙂
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!