These mini chocolate banana cupcakes are naturally sweetened, paleo and vegan friendly and are only 100 calories! They’re a hit at Halloween parties!
If you want to share this to Facebook to read later, click HERE!
COCONUT CREAM GHOSTS. With mini chocolate chip EYEBALLS. <3 <3 <3
I mean, come on guys, how much adorable is in these photos? I decided to save them for Friday because ONLY Friday can handle so much cute-fun-treat food within one post. You get it.
I don’t know what to say about these. Except, that’s a lie. You guys know that I always have a little something something (or usually a LOT of somethin’ somethin’) to say about each recipe ever.
AND don’t worry, I’m not going to tell you it’s LIIIIKEE MY SUPER MOST FAVORITE RECIPE OF ALL THE EVERS.
Not that it isn’t. You’re just expecting that, since I say it lots. THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE IS ON MY SIDE.
Also the element of cute-mini food with a FACE. I know you can’t hate on that no matter WHO you are.
Anyway. Before we fall EVEN MORE taste buds over heels with the adorable food with EYES (obsessing) I have a fun story about our little healthy brownie-bite friends.
The day I was shooting this just so happened to be the same day we expected our internet dude to come repair our wifi. They had given me one of those ultra-annoying and super vague timeframes that he would arrive. You know the ones when they’re all “your technician will arrive sometime between now and the time you have your first born child.” UGH. DOES NOT HELP ME PLAN MY LIFE.
I decided to get them done EARLY in the day, since they typically like to show their smart-fixing-person noggins at the VERY end of the time frame.
So, I’m in my pajamas standing with my camera and my set up in the middle of my living room, there are gluten free cupcakes all around me AND THE DOORBELL RINGS.
Of course, Mr. tech-man comes NOW. So he walks upstairs into what I can only describe as a chaotic mess garnished with random spots of cute-food…and just kind of stops and stares.
SO I do what any awkward person would do and go “oh don’t mind me, I just make a living taking pictures of gluten-free chocolate cupcakes. That’s all.”
He replies, “Oh….okay. Umm, well I didn’t want to ask.”
Of course I do what any REALLY REALLY awkward person would do and go “so…umm, do you want one?”
He just kind of walked upstairs and tried to find the wifi doo-dad. Friends. Do not take pictures of food all over your living room when waiting for people who don’t understand your job to come over. I MISSED THAT MEMO SOMEHOW IN MY FOOD BLOGGER LIFE. #firstworldproblems.
Best part though? I literally was surrounded in chocolate gluten free cupcakes. HELLO EATING ALL THE FEELINGS.
Side note. I know some of you are “so over” bananas, so if you’re looking for a chocolate cupcake base to use try these Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes from Texanerin! No bananas!
ANDANDAND you know what? The only feeling I did NOT feel is the one that requires me to BRING ON THE STRETCHY PANTS after eating approximately 11.67 cupcakes at once. That’s just a rough estimate though. But, really, when a cupcake is only 103 calories and It’s full of natural banana sweetness, LOADED with swirls of chocolate and PEANUT BUTTER (be still my favorite-combo-of-life loving heart) and topped with light-as-air, creamy whipped coconut cream, there is absolutely ZERO need for post-tummy-expansion elastic waist bands.
The only thing we be expanding today is our hearts.
That’s just what happens in my life, when I see adorable, face-d mini food.
And I think BOO are on the same page.
(Please note the hee-lar-ious ghost reference. Goodbye.)
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE! New recipes posted each week!
Paleo + Vegan Spooky Mini Chocolate Banana Cupcakes with Coconut Cream
These mini chocolate banana cupcakes are naturally sweetened, paleo and vegan friendly and are only 100 calories! They're a hit at Halloween parties!
For the cupcakes:
For the coconut cream: *
- 1 13 oz Can Full-fat coconut milk chilled overnight
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Honey agave for vegan version
- Mini dark chocolate chips for decorating (dairy-free for Vegan version)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and rub a mini muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside. Additionally, place a metal or glass bowl, along with the beaters of an electric hand mixer, into the freezer.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and the honey until the peanut butter just begins to turn smooth and runny, about 1 minute. Be careful not to cook the honey so it hardens.
- Scrape the melted peanut butter mixture into a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) and blend until well combined. Add in the mashed banana and vanilla extract and blend again until well combined, scraping the sides down as necessary.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into the food processor and blend until thick, creamy and well mixed. Make sure to really scrape the sides of the processsor down to incorpoarte all the flour.
- Fill the cavities of the muffin tin 3/4 of the way fill and smooth the tops out. Bake until the cupcakes have risen, the edges are lighytly golden and a toothpick inserted into the cneter of one comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- To make the frosting:
- Take your chilled coconut milk out of the refrigerator and flip it upside down. Open it, and pour out the liquid on the top (save it for a smoothie later!).
- Spoon the chilled cream that is at the bottom of the can into the chilled bowl. Add in the honey and beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed, until light and fluffy.
- Pipe the coconut cream onto the TOTALLY cooled cupcakes and create a ghost face out of 3 chocolate chips on each cupcake.
* You will end up only using half of the whipepd coconut cream. Put the rest on something to make it extra delicious!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Points+: 2. Old Points: 2
Want more healthier Halloween treats?
Healthy Halloween treats from around the web:
Vegan Candy Skull Crushers – Wallflower Girl
Paleo Whoopie Pies with Pumpkin Filling – Living Healthy With Chocolate
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!